Server Maintenance Tonight 4/15

Chaos

Hey guys,

Tonight at 10pm MDT time (9pm Pacific, midnight Eastern), I'm going to be doing some server updates and stuff. This will affect 17th Shard and the Coppermind. It will take maybe two to three hours, but it could be shorter.

I'll keep you apprised on Twitter!

The core of the server updates--the part that I was thinking would take forever--ended up being really fast. Linode is great, they said "we estimate this upgrade to take 96 minutes." Actual time? Eleven minutes. Okay, sweet.

I need to do some final preparations but I will do 17S software updates in a little bit or tomorrow morning. I'm a bit worried I didn't test skin changes in this new version quite well enough, so I'll think on it. But that should be less than ten minutes of downtime.

Okay, I have now done the site software updates and I think everything is working correctly. I'll write a post talking about the two main features that have been added tomorrow, but for now, see if you can find them! (They aren't especially hard to find.)

Differences I found so far are: 

• Birthdays are shown at the bottom of the homepage
  • Who was online in the past 12 hours is shown at the bottom of the homepage
  • If someone got more upvotes than anyone else on a certain day, there will be a little banner on their profile page that says so

Me likey :)

Edit: were these social-media buttons here before? 

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpg.4e77ae77a824c20d8fe946fa8891bd06.jpg

Edited by Flynn