Hello, and May I?

Silarn

Hello all. I've been realmatically aware since reading the Way of Kings, and I recently reread the original Mistborn Trilogy after having been a massive pile of ignorance years ago. Since it's quite fresh in my mind, I feel I can flesh out a lot of the Era 1 content.

I've recently done so with Catacendre and Marsh, but soon discovered that there's also a Catacendre section under Cosmere that includes several things I added to the main article. However, I feel some of it is a bit extraneous for the Cosmere article and was thinking about culling it a bit - especially since we can link to the Cosmere article proper.

3 hours ago, Silarn said:

Hello all. I've been realmatically aware since reading the Way of Kings, and I recently reread the original Mistborn Trilogy after having been a massive pile of ignorance years ago. Since it's quite fresh in my mind, I feel I can flesh out a lot of the Era 1 content.

I've recently done so with Catacendre and Marsh, but soon discovered that there's also a Catacendre section under Cosmere that includes several things I added to the main article. However, I feel some of it is a bit extraneous for the Cosmere article and was thinking about culling it a bit - especially since we can link to the Cosmere article proper.

I want to do a revision of that in the Cosmere article. I have written a draft that cuts a lot of the detail out but I need time to cite it and revise it. So it's going to be a thing I'm going to do. There's a number of things I desperately need to do on that article... 

I started that article with a philosophy that more was better, but I have thought it is too much recently.

So I'd say I'll take care of it soon(tm), I have a plan.

Alright, boss!

It's one of those conundrums I think. I think More is Good if it hews closely to the core topic of a particular subject.

In terms of the events of the Cosmere, I think the major important stuff is the major movements and actions of the Shards - not necessarily the fine details of what happened in a specific system to lead to those actions/events. Those can be better covered by articles that deal specifically with that subject-matter. In essence, my idea was to stick to fairly basic facts about the Catacendre: Leras died, due to a gradual loss of cognitive power in his ongoing battle against Ruin. Preservation was briefly taken up, in a limited sense, by Kelsier, himself only a cognitive shadow, until he was finally able to pass the power to Vin, transforming Kelsier into a Sliver. Kelsier was unable to personally defeat Ruin, also due in part to falling under Preservation's intent. Vin, still mostly unchanged by the Intent, eventually sacrificed herself to kill Ati and defeat Ruin, leaving both Shards briefly Unheld. Both were finally claimed by Sazed, merging the two in power and Intent to form a combined Shard of Harmony, who still presides over Scadrial within the Scadrian System.

Edited by Silarn