Which Character Are You?

Yeah, this is the sort of thing that goes in General Brandon, but meh. :P 

I think I relate most to Siri, personality wise. There's some of Sylphrena in there too (hence the username) but I'm not nearly as truthful. So throw in a dash of Shallan. 

Also I'vealways felt sort of a connection with TenSoon. But I don't think we have much in common. Make of it what you will. :P 

42 minutes ago, The Honor Spren said:

Also I'vealways felt sort of a connection with TenSoon. But I don't think we have much in common. Make of it what you will. :P 

So... you aren't WalDo? So much for that theory :P

(I am vaugely amused by the fact that I'm the only Vin for an entire forum of Elends thuogh :P)

I guess if we want to keep this in the general forum, you could open the topic to "fictional characters in general that you identify with"? 

I relate most to Elend(that´s the origin of my username) and also a bit to Kaladin, Elend for be nerdy, a thinker, a bookworm, and have few social abilities, like the take-a-book-to-a-party thing, I totally can do that, in fact I did it, the last birthday party I went, I spend the whole time reading.I would say that we both are underestimated and have the incredible power of try to do good things and that exploded in our´s face.

Kaladin for see the dark side of the things and take too much responsibility for everything.

7 hours ago, Quiver said:

(I am vaugely amused by the fact that I'm the only Vin for an entire forum of Elends thuogh :P)

I guess if we want to keep this in the general forum, you could open the topic to "fictional characters in general that you identify with"? 

I'm just now reading Mistborn and I freakin love Vin. B)

Alright, fictional characters in general, that's a good idea! For me those would extend to Luna Lovegood--GO RAVENCLAW--(maybe a little Hermione, I'm quite bossy)... Jonathan Strange because he empowers himself by challenging the way things are normally done, and Agnieszka from Uprooted, because she's resourceful and true to herself.

Maybe Linda from Bob's Burgers, too. My boyfriend groans when I narrate my life in song. Lol

I think everyone here relates to Elend so much because we all love books. 

More than that however, I have found I am most like Shallan. I absolutely love drawing, and while I might not be nearly as good as her, I am still learning. I enjoy studying and learning, much like Shallan. Despite me having dark eyes, my friend calls me "brightness" due to my similarities with Shallan.

Anyways. I also will always have a bit of Hoid and Wayne in me, as I do enjoy some friendly banter.

I'm not sure I can identify with any one character in the sanderson books I've read.  Mind you, those only extend to the alloy of law series.  Wax is the obvious first choice, but I'm not sure thats the case.  I think I probably identify most with Steris.  Her entire character (save the fact she's a woman) is something I can relate to.  I think I'd be just as useless in a fight as she would, and just as stressed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I feel like I'm a mix of Vin and Kaladin. For Vin, I'm used to trying to make myself small around big crowds, and I have the same fear of being betrayed by people I thought I knew, and even tend to try and not get too attached. With Kaladin, mainly because he tries so hard to protect people even though they may be complete jerks (*cough* Elhokar). I might be a bit of Shai, because I like to think that I can read people pretty well. If there was a person that I would want to be like, it would be Wayne. Seriously, who wouldn't? Except for his said past, he's just Rusting awesome. Him or Lopen.

I got David Charleston. Wasn't expecting that one. I guess I can think of a lot of similarities though. 

Nerdy father

homeschooled (Sure he went to the one in the factory in Newcago, but that's not where he learned what he needed for life) 

Thoroughly immersing ourselves in our selected fields of study and making it a nerdy passion

For the majority of our teen years not being socially talented at all, but growing out of it by the end. 

A depressing hometown. 

Being confident plan makers

Making interesting metaphors

Cussing in strange ways

Confronted our deepest fears

All that being said, I might be more like Spook. 

I think I'm Lightsong, I want to be Hoid, my friends think I'm Wayne, colleagues think I'm Gaotona, family think I'm Raoden, my subconscious thinks I'm Nightblood and my girlfriend thinks I'm Lift. 

On the quiz I got David Charleston. Which in reflection is definitely right. We share a name after all!

On ‎04‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 3:29 PM, Quiver said:

sorry to disappoint you but I love vin too, she's just soo cool

Instead of explaining how deeply connected I am to the characters I read in Sanderson's books, I'm just going to provide a link to a discussion about dumb cosmere jokes.  Based on how serious everybody is about how they identify with characters, we need to cool down a bit and spend a few minutes thinking up dumb jokes lol

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Tristan said:

I change my mind on this. I'm reading Mistborn and it's Vin all the way, way more so than Jasnah. 

That's quite a drastic change in personality lol. What was it that drew you to your new conclusion?

Took the test and got Kaladin. Guess it makes sense in a way, maaaybe?

17 hours ago, Zeldan said:

That's quite a drastic change in personality lol. What was it that drew you to your new conclusion?

Took the test and got Kaladin. Guess it makes sense in a way, maaaybe?

Jasnah was for her practicality, general skepticism, and being seen as a heretic (according to my extended family I'm going to hell because I shunned my religion in favor of science and discovery). Still, it doesn't phase her and she keeps walking her own path, which I interpreted gives her the same sense of empowerment that I feel. 

Vin is for the lingering hesitance to trust people because of her past, being torn between two sides of herself, and having the instinct to run/hide when facing challenges, but maneuvering her way around that instinct. She's also incredibly stubborn when she wants something. 

Hm. This kinda makes me sound like a weirdo. Lol

4 hours ago, Tristan said:

This kinda makes me sound like a weirdo. Lol

Sounds fairly normal to me, at least nowadays lol.

Myself, I always felt like the normal person, in a world full of weirdos, which made me the weirdo, because being weird was normal...lol

The heart of the argument lies in what most people infer about the meaning of the word "normal".

Normal, is what is commonplace within any given environment, so yes there is such a thing as "normal", however "normal" does not automatically imply "healthy", "correct", or "moral" in any sense. For instance(using an extreme here, that I think everyone will agree with, just to evade dispute), in ancient Egypt, it was "normal" for the Pharaoh to marry his sister, in order to conserve the family bloodline, and this practice is commonplace within many ancient societies. We now know that this is an incredibly unhealthy choice(not to mention gross), as it greatly increases the chance for genetic defects, and illnesses, however it was still "normal", albeit not "healthy", "correct", or "moral"(an argument can be made that it was moral at the time, since morality fluctuates over time, and it greatly influenced by the culture).

Edited by Zeldan
Missed a spot