The more I'm watching, the more I see Aman becoming desperate, reaching further and further at straws.

At this point,  I'm convinced that he's evil. Which means that Frozen Mint is evil too. Orlok is almost certainly not evil. I know that I'm not evil. Jondesu is not evil if Aman is evil. I trust Joe.

That leaves 3 people. Elenion,  Hemalurgic Headshot, and Randuir. Of these, 2 are evil. Given the way Aman is focusing on Randuir - he's not calling him out as mistaken, he's accusing him as evil. His only evidence is that Randuir is opposing his claims and supporting Jondesu. That raises red flags for me.

Therefore I think that Randuir is most likely to be good. If Randuir is evil,  Elenion is most likely good (I'm not actually suspicious of him,  but numbers say one of them is most likely evil, unless my trust in Joe is misplaced). I don't see any scenario where HH can be good, but I'm open to being wrong.  Anyone left who is good, please use lines of warding tonight. I'm a sentry,  and I'm warding, and so is Joe. Jon will be. I hope that whoever's good out of Orlok, Elenion, HH, and FM will ward.

And Aman, if I'm wrong, I'm sorry. But all I can do is follow the evidence.  And from everything I know,  it's pointing straight at you.

24 minutes ago, Seonid said:

The more I'm watching, the more I see Aman becoming desperate, reaching further and further at straws.

At this point,  I'm convinced that he's evil. Which means that Frozen Mint is evil too. Orlok is almost certainly not evil. I know that I'm not evil. Jondesu is not evil if Aman is evil. I trust Joe.

That leaves 3 people. Elenion,  Hemalurgic Headshot, and Randuir. Of these, 2 are evil. Given the way Aman is focusing on Randuir - he's not calling him out as mistaken, he's accusing him as evil. His only evidence is that Randuir is opposing his claims and supporting Jondesu. That raises red flags for me.

Therefore I think that Randuir is most likely to be good. If Randuir is evil,  Elenion is most likely good (I'm not actually suspicious of him,  but numbers say one of them is most likely evil, unless my trust in Joe is misplaced). I don't see any scenario where HH can be good, but I'm open to being wrong.  Anyone left who is good, please use lines of warding tonight. I'm a sentry,  and I'm warding, and so is Joe. Jon will be. I hope that whoever's good out of Orlok, Elenion, HH, and FM will ward.

And Aman, if I'm wrong, I'm sorry. But all I can do is follow the evidence.  And from everything I know,  it's pointing straight at you.

I disagree I'm reaching. I laid out the perfect scenario for what's occurring, and I'm confident it's exactly what happened. Besides, are you implying that villagers can't reach? Because I don't know what else a villager can do when he has no contacts and he's being ganged up over an action he didn't use. I really fail to understand how anything is pointing at me. Jon said I used Vigor. I said I warded. Mint says I warded. There's been no indication that Mint and I are working together this entire game, and there's two things we know for a fact. Someone in PMs was trusted enough to know that HH was protecting Brightness and Seonid was protecting Lopen. Guess what? That same person would have to know that Lopen is a Non-Rithmatist. Why in the Master's name would I try to make Lopen look bad on C3/C4 if I knew that he was confirmed village by multiple players? If you answer that I anticipated being put into a scenario like this... than wow. You're giving a lot more credit to my intelligence and foresight than I deserve. The true answer, in this scenario, is the easy answer. The Forgotten have been planning to frame someone like this for several turns, and have been preparing themselves for it, so that they can pull off a clean sweep of the village. Meanwhile I didn't have access to nearly as much information as everyone else and now I'm being sacrificed for it.

Edited by Amanuensis

On 26/04/2017 at 4:50 PM, Amanuensis said:

In conclusion, I already know that Jon is evil. I don't think they were expecting Orlok to come back for this unless he is evil, too, in which case they'd probably be hoping to sow enough doubt about me to get one villager on their side, since basically everyone left this game is pretty active, minus Mint and HH, to an extent. The fact that I just got ninja'd by Seonid voting for Jon basically confirms they're not teammates, which probably means Orlok is village as well, as if he was evil, I doubt he would claim an action that verified a villager over an eliminator.

I know a lot of my analysis here is hinging on Jon being evil, but I don't really know any other way to present it, given he's lied about my action. As for Sart not yet responding I severely doubt that, as I saw him actively reading the thread last night during our back-and-forth. I more so think that Jon is trying to delay the conversation from progressing than genuinely waiting.

(C5) VotesThus Far

(1) AmanuensisJondesu,

(2) JondesuAmanuensis, Seonid,

4 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

How isn't it? On C4 Jon voted for Ecth saying "If Ecth is village, Len is rising on my suspicion list." Instead of using a Line of Making on Len, he does it on me. Where is the logic there. Until this cycle, Jon hasn't even mentioned being suspicious of me, just wary. Furthermore, look at Len's vote. Granted the same could be said about Mint's for mine, but his reasoning for voting for me over Jon isn't well thought out. You say that it's dangerous, but that's exactly what Mint did, except she actually followed me, and yet people aren't changing their votes.

If I was the worst person to target for it, then why the heck is it working? Oh right. Because 3 of the 4 people voting for me are Forgotten. This is exactly why it's a good tactic. Without every single player voting for one person or the other, the lynch is either tied or goes in the eliminators favor. And unlike me, the Forgotten have had cycles to plan something like this and lay the pieces. It doesn't really matter who they chose. I think the main reason I was chosen is because a lot of discussion was focused on me the previous turn, which has clearly left some players impressionable enough to join your side of the argument. Plus, I'm historically known for lying through my teeth. If Orlok is a villager, than I'm the perfect choice for this, as he'll probably get flashbacks to the game where I claimed to be a Seeker who scanned him and found him Spiked just to save myself from being lynched. Furthermore, if I wasn't targeted, I would be the player least likely to follow the Forgotten's lead, as I have a tendency to question everything and doubt everyone.

A villager should be wanting to shout loudest in a scenario like this. Although we should all be playing this game to have fun, I don't think anyone enjoys losing. So yes. I'm going to fight tooth-and-nail until the end, because giving up is not in my character.

@Amanuensis, how do you reconcile these two pieces of logic?

15 minutes ago, OrlokTsubodai said:

@Amanuensis, how do you reconcile these two pieces of logic?

There's nearly a 24-hour difference between those two posts. I had not thought about why I was specifically chosen as the target until Rand brought it up himself. At the start of this turn, I was entirely focused on the fact that someone was lying about my action to begin with. I came to the conclusion that since the game was still on going, there were five villagers and four Forgotten, as otherwise the play would be far too risky. After seeing player's actions and doing the math, it appears that I was right in that assumption. It's at that point that Rand comes in with the "why you" of all people. So I listed several reasons that came to the top of my head.

How can I reconcile it? Stream of consciousness. I'm only one person. I can't think of every angle and every scenario, which is why discussion is important.

EDIT: So I looked up the word reconcile and I think I misunderstood the definition. Seeing it now, I'll also say this. It's a win win either way, Orlok. If you didn't show up and vote, then it's a tie no matter what. Even if every villager votes on Jon, they'd be able to stop the lynch by voting for me. On the other hand, if you did show up, there's a greater possibility that you'd choose Jon's word over mine because you personally have been burned by me in the past. I don't think the two pieces of logic contradict each other at all.

Edited by Amanuensis

20 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

The true answer, in this scenario, is the easy answer.

I'd say the easy answer is that an elim got caught drawing a line of vigor and is making a ferocious last stand, not that the elims had a plan in motion to frame Aman that they have been working towards since C1/C2, but maybe that's just me.

Anyway, I'm not sure how much more I've got to add at this point, so have a piece of RP.

Neil looked down at his defences. It had taken three tries to get the concentric nine-point circles right, but it had been worth the effort. Now, Neil was sitting in a veritable chalk fortress. 20 circles, 25 defensive chalklings, enough lines of forbiddance to protect against attacks from any direction.

At the other end of the Circle, wild chalklings where gathering. Maybe they were attracted by the commotion in the camp. Maybe there was some truth to the claims of Forgotten having infiltrated the camp. Neil didn’t care.

“Well, come on then, you bastards. Let's end this.”

Spoiler

rithmatist_diagram_ch-23_webres.jpg

58 minutes ago, randuir said:

I'd say the easy answer is that an elim got caught drawing a line of vigor and is making a ferocious last stand, not that the elims had a plan in motion to frame Aman that they have been working towards since C1/C2, but maybe that's just me.

Well of course that's what you'd say :P it fits the narrative you're trying to sell.

EDIT: Unfortunately it appears that the only player who knows the truth is me (and Mint, I suppose, but she's completely MIA. If anything I think that's also a point in my story's favor, since you'd expect that if an eliminator teammate was going to risk giving themselves up, they'd say a lot more than two lines in the process, or disappear for 18 hours).

EDIT2: Because I have the feeling Orlok is about to take the Forgotten's side, too, I just want to point out one thing. If I was an eliminator this game, why, of all people, would I fight it this hard? How many games now have I been caught evil by actions and I've accepted it? Came forward and began to troll people? Relish in being evil and everyone knowing it? Compare past games when I've been in scenarios like this to ones where I was a villager. Look at LG22 for when a confirmed village Meta decided to lynch me over Padan Fain, and how hard I fought that until the end, and how upset I was by it. Right now, I'm feeling the exact same way I did at that turning point in that game. Helpless and desperate to be heard.

Edited by Amanuensis

Rule Clarifications:

How exactly do Lines of Vigor work with Lines of Forbiddance? Do you target the person making the Line, or the person being targeted by the Line.

Say Person A is protecting Person B with a Line of Forbiddance. Person C would have to Vigor Person A in order to stop the protection. This has the unfortunate side effect of letting normal Lines of Vigor beat powered up Lines of Forbiddance, which wasn't what I intended, but it's the way the rules are currently implemented.

When is the camp's defense calculated at?

The camp's defense, and the chalkling strength, is determined before any kills. Thus if 2 Forgotten were alive at the start of a cycle, the strength of the chalklings would be 2, regardless of whether or not a Forgotten died that cycle. The same is true for Warding. If only 2 people warded, and they both died that cycle, the camp's defense would still be 2. This is also why the Forgotten didn't get a conversion last cycle. Brightness was alive at the start of the cycle, so she could use her Acid before she was killed.

Alright so, first off I'd like to apologize for how scrambled my brain has been this game. I didn't really have the mental energy for a longer post yesterday, and I've come to realize that work plus trying to keep track of an SE game is not a good combination.

@Amanuensis I performed a Line of Making on you, because like I've said through out the game, I find you incredibly hard to read. I an try to garner something from others' posts, but yours always sound like you're trying so hard to be village while at the same time containing some very helpful analysis. 

Yes, I had been PMing with Lopen. As randuir had pointed out, he had told I and a few others his role earlier on. So I'll confirm that much.

17 minutes ago, OrlokTsubodai said:

For now, Aman, but I'm incredibly torn. I expect to be back on before the end of the cycle

I'm sad to see this, but I guess it doesn't really matter :(

Sigh. I had roleplay pretyped, but unfortunately I lost it, and I really can't be bothered to redo it. Oh well.

(C5) VotesThus Far

(5) AmanuensisJondesu, Elenion, randuirSeonidOrlokTsubodai,

(4) JondesuAmanuensis, Hemalurgic_HeadshotFrozen MintA Joe in the Bush

Edited by Amanuensis
Added Vote Tally.

Well, after that revelation, I fully expect this to be the last cycle we have available to us as the village. If by some miracle we make it through the night, I'll see you all on the other side.

Just now, Amanuensis said:

Which revelation?

Sart's revelation about Warding levels and number of Forgotten. I'm strongly considering advising the village Assassin to stop Warding and strike Frozen Mint or HH (probably let a coinflip decide it, just to see if it works). That way, we get a permanent reduction in the numbers of the Forgotten, even after any potential conversion happens.

4 minutes ago, Seonid said:

Sart's revelation about Warding levels and number of Forgotten. I'm strongly considering advising the village Assassin to stop Warding and strike Frozen Mint or HH (probably let a coinflip decide it, just to see if it works). That way, we get a permanent reduction in the numbers of the Forgotten, even after any potential conversion happens.

Ah. I was hoping you were going to say lynching a villager. Suppose you can guarantee it ends by killing one of two probable villagers while you're at it.

Well, good game Forgotten. By the sounds of it, this is going to end with not one of you dying, a villager being converted, and one or two villagers left, depending on who the Assassin decides to hit.

I'm taking off for the night. I'll be back on tomorrow to say "I told you so" in the aftermath thread :P 

Edited by Amanuensis

1 minute ago, Seonid said:

I'm really impressed by the way you're keeping up the charade until the very end, Aman. Takes a special kind of chutzpah to do that.

Or maybe it's not a charade and you're falling for the people whispering in PMs :( 

Edited by Amanuensis

I just want to say thank you @Hemalurgic_Headshot and @A Joe in the Bush for choosing the right side. Unfortunately it didn't matter in the end, but I appreciate it all the same. I also want to thank Mint for not trusting me, as it at least provided evidence that I was telling the truth, even though Orlok and Seonid don't seem to agree :(

Isaac "The Hammer" Jones crouched on the hilltop, watching the Chalklings prowl around its base. Then, he heard it:

The time of action has come. Our enemies brace for an assault, not knowing from which direction it will come. Let us bring it to them.

He nodded his head and tensed. All around him, eyes searched faces, looking for any signs that the mind behind the physiognomy was tense. Jones forced himself to relax, watching, waiting.

Waiting.

Waiting.

Waiting.

Time.

He launched himself into motion...

Aman Jondesu

chalkling_flytrap.png

Perhaps, it was a foregone conclusion. Surrounded by chalklings, alone in the cold of night, there was nothing the camp could do. They tried killing Cole, even after his repeated protests. The kid was crying, desperately looking to survive. The town moved to strike him down, but Gunther tried to stop the mob.

That was the only opening the Forgotten needed. Cole's eyes turned bright white as he stabbed Gunther straight in the chest. The rest of the Forgotten smiled, as the chalklings poured into their makeshift defense. Gunther could only watch helplessly as the swarm slid over his hairy body. He was the first to die.

Shem couldn't hold out very long. He had tried so hard to kill the Forgotten. How had Joel blocked his shot? He guessed he would never get the answer. Shanice pulled out a revolver. She was so glad that Lance had taught her how to use it. Too bad she had killed him with it. She fired at Lance three times. Damaging his Circle irreparably. The chalklings quickly rushed through the openings.

Locke was the next to fall. He had worked so hard to protect the camp. When no one else watched, he was there to pick up the slack. It didn't matter now. Joel shot Line after Line of Vigor at him. He tried launching an assault, but the man protected himself with stunning precision. He was so focused on his attack, he didn't see the chalklings breach his defenses. He was swallowed in minutes.

The chalklings paused, as Isaac took out a flask.

"Come comrades. Let's not fight..." he took a long swig. "We don't have to be enemies any more. Let's be friends."

The chalklings began crawling over Kyle's body, not eating him, but converting him. His eyes began glowing white, turning into those of a Forgotten.

"No!" screamed Neil. He had frozen with chalklings, but he sprang into action, drawing Lines of Warding and Forbiddance like a man possessed. He ran to Kyle's side, desperately trying to stop the corruption. Neil looked at him, eyes glowing white. He reached into his pocket, pulling out a kitchen knife. He stabbed Neil, once, twice, three times.

"Not you too. Not you too. I was supposed to protect everyone. This wasn't supposed to happen. This shouldn't have happened." Kyle continued stabbing him, not hearing anything.

"No!" Neil yanked the knife from Kyle. He stabbed the man straight in the eye, and then raked the knife against Kyle's face, producing a deep gash. He crumpled to the floor, as the horde ate their next meal.

Cole stared at Kyle. "Do you think he's still usable?" He asked monotonously.

Isaac examined him. Kyle was still breathing. "Potentially. I don't want to see his artistry go away. We'll have to see if he makes it." He picked up the man's body. "Come comrades, let's drink! This was a job well done."

The Forgotten smiled as they toasted their flasks, four sets of glowing white eyes amidst the darkness of the night.

Vote Count:
Aman (4): Seonid, Jondesu, Randuir, Orlok
Jondesu (5): Aman, Joe, Frozen Mint, Elenion, Hemalurgic Headshot

Seonid was killed. He was a Village Assassin.
Jondesu was lynched. He was a Village turned Forgotten Artist. (He unfortunately died right after being converted)
The Forgotten have won! Analysis and doc links coming soon.

Player List:

Hide contents
  1. Elenion: Isaac "The Hammer" Jones Forgotten Artist
  2. Amanuensis: Cole Forgotten Sentry
  3. Silverblade5: Ryth Village Duelist
  4. _Stick_: Stick Village Duelist
  5. Darkness Ascendant: K'Sarben Non-Rithmatist
  6. Seonid: Shem Onidsen Village Assassin
  7. Jondesu: Kyle Village turned Forgotten Artist
  8. Hemalurgic_Headshot: Gunther the Slow Village Guardian
  9. OrlokTsubodai: Locke Village Sentry
  10. A Joe in the Bush: Joel Forgotten Guardian