Ask StrikerEZ Anything!

StrikerEZ

On 3/26/2017 at 5:10 PM, Mr. Staccato said:

Why are you "some strange person?"

I'm a strange person, that's why. Plus it was the first thing that popped into my head.

22 hours ago, Ammanas said:

Favorite book from Sanderson? Favorite book from any other author?

Not a single book, but The Reckoners. That's a hard one...there's way too many to choose from. Some of my favorites are Wings of Fire by Tui T. Sutherland and the Jackaby series by William Ritter.

EDIT: I just remembered another one of my favorites: The Old Kingdom series by Garth Nix.

Edited by StrikerEZ

6 hours ago, A Budgie said:

Do you like radishes?
Also I read the Wings of Fire books couple of years back. I enjoyed them, I remember,

I've never tried a radish, so I don think know. I like their shape though.

Have you started reading the second arc?

On 3/29/2017 at 6:40 AM, A Budgie said:

I read the first one I remember...and the second one I think.

Ah come one, you have to keep reading. It gets so much better, especially considering what type of book it is. For a children's book, it gets pretty dark at times.

3 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Ah come one, you have to keep reading. It gets so much better, especially considering what type of book it is. For a children's book, it gets pretty dark at times.

I'd have to find them first. I've got a bit of a full to-read list, but I'll get to them when I get the time.

Just now, A Budgie said:

I'd have to find them first. I've got a bit of a full to-read list, but I'll get to them when I get the time.

Yeah, I getcha. My list is amazingly full right now, as well. I've got 8 books checked out from my library right now, and I've still got a huge list that I haven't started checking books out for yet (of course, those 8 are on it too, and some of the others haven't even come out yet).

27 minutes ago, Hemalurgic_Headshot said:

You're lucky, my library has a limited variety. I started the Old Kingdom, but I have not found the final books. I have enjoyed what I have read so far.

Have you read the Edge Chronicles?

That's good. Sad that you can't finish it though.

No, what are they about?

Ah, let me tell you about what set the standard for all skyships in the whole of fantasy for me. The Edge Chroncles folow a certain family through generations and time periods in the land known as the Edge. The Edge is a gigantic precipice extending over an endless void. To traverse the Edge, the primary mode of transport is a skyship, held aloft by a floating rock in its center. The plot of each book I cannot recall exactly, but won me over for these books was the world.

On 05/04/2017 at 1:39 PM, StrikerEZ said:

@frost The reputation shows how many upvotes you've got on your post, and you get a little title depending on how many you have. I'm not sure what a spren is, but I figure it's from the Cosmere.

Spren are the weird floating things from the Stormlight Archive, like Syl, or Pattern, but also spren like pain spren, glory spren, creation spren, wind spren, all kinds of spren.

4 minutes ago, kenod said:

Spren are the weird floating things from the Stormlight Archive, like Syl, or Pattern, but also spren like pain spren, glory spren, creation spren, wind spren, all kinds of spren.

Oh. I didn't know what they were just because I haven't read the Stormlight Archive yet. I'm going to soon though.