Hola!

joesleepsalot

I'm Joe; sorry if I've annoyed anyone by posting on OLD threads lol, I have a job that keeps me suuuper busy and I don't get the chance to dig around on here the way I'd prefer.... so my "go-to" google searches on a cosmere topic usually point me to a thread from 2014 or older. On another note, I have to say holy cow! Some of the dots people connect from the cosmere books are astounding. I wonder how many times Brandon Sanderson has had to pause and ponder future cosmere schemes because fans have potentially guessed something in advance?? We will never know! 

Lol, I'm not a massive cosmere nerd--- I'm definitely one though for middle earth, I can read dwarf runes, read the silmarillion probably 15 times, the trilogy probably more, have every movie memorized, have read every article on the encyclopedia of arda.... lol, the people on this site are at that level. Every time I think I've connected a dot, I search for it and it's already been done. I did however tell Ted Nasmith in an email to read Brandon's Cosmere books. (Nasmith is one of "the big three" artists who made the middle earth paintings prior to the movies coming out; Jackson didn't use him but in my opinion he has the best work. He's also responsible for the game of thrones set designs) He responded to my email, perhaps he will hit up Brandon and we will have some awesome visuals:

http://www.tednasmith.com/

11 hours ago, joesleepsalot said:

I wonder how many times Brandon Sanderson has had to pause and ponder future cosmere schemes because fans have potentially guessed something in advance?? We will never know! 

Brandon has actually spoken about this a few times. The short version of it is that early in his career he was worried about people guessing things ahead of time (which is why Hoid tends to use pseudonyms in Brandon's first few published books), but eventually decided that it was okay if they - we - did that. Those of us who dig deep in the Cosmere lose a little bit of enjoyment occasionally when the books confirm something we've already speculated on for years (where somebody who had never suspected such a thing would be surprised and more delighted), but I think we gain a different type of appreciation for some of the Cosmere details - and Brandon gets that. So he doesn't try to hide information from us (no more than the usual, that is), and he doesn't change his world so our speculations turn out to be wrong (or right). I think it works out for the best for everyone :)