Ishar's Role in the Current State of Roshar

Aoibheann

2 minutes ago, red032 said:

I have the feeling that the Oathpact was NOT kept intact. I think that they weakened the Oathpact somehow, presenting Odium with an advantage (whatever it may be).

Without a doubt it was weakened. The One Who Connects is right though. It did not break. 

Odium remained trapped. The Oathpact is still, at least partially, functional. More even than even the Heralds believe.

http://www.theoryland.com/intvmain.php?i=1078#23

http://www.theoryland.com/intvmain.php?i=1080#10

WETLANDER

Was Odium able to Splinter Honor because the Heralds abandoned the Oathpact?

BRANDON SANDERSON

Good question. Um, their abandonment of the Oathpact is related... but mostly tangentially. If I was pinned down on that, I would say no.

WETLANDER

Is there any of the Oathpact still functioning because of Taln's continued participation?

BRANDON SANDERSON

Yes, indeed.

TAGS

heralds ,  honor ,  odium ,  oathpact

QUESTION ()

What caused a Desolation to end? Was it just the defeat of Odium's forces? Because the Desolations start when the Heralds break under torture.

BRANDON SANDERSON

Because the Heralds can no longer be in existence. There is a certain period of time that they can be there, and after that, if they're there, they will start a new one. So the Heralds do need to leave for a Desolation to end.

QUESTION

Oh. So they've got a time limit.

BRANDON SANDERSON

They do. Otherwise the Desolation will start again. What they discovered is not all of them have to. As long as one remains, the Desolation will not start again.

QUESTION

So, by the nine leaving, did that actually break the Oathpact for them? Did it change the cycle of Desolations?

BRANDON SANDERSON

They have not completely broken the Oathpact, despite what they may think.

TAGS

desolations ,  heralds

• Chaos locked this topic