Cosmere universe and the nature of Adonalsium

dgenio8

This is more a question than a theory and I think that probably we have not data to discuss this, but were it goes...

Brandon stated that the Cosmere happens in a dwarf galaxy... I wonder if what we know of Realmatics and Investiture is true for the remaining of the universe. Like, is there a cognitive Realm of other galaxies? Is there any Investiture outside this galaxy?

This lead me to the next topic... Why are all Shards in this galaxy? I understand that galaxies are very, very far way... except that in the Cognitive Realm the space between galaxies should be almost non-existing. Given that, why do all the Shards of Adonalsium stay in the same galaxy... Specially knowing that Odium would go after then. If it was for defence, they should have stayed more together!! So, they stay in this galaxy. Maybe Adonalsium, and per inheritance it's shards, are bound to this galaxy. This lead me to think that Adonalsium is not this Universe god... Maybe there is no Universal God in this universe... But if Adonalsium is not the God of the universe, it makes sense that there would be other "Adonalsium"s in other galaxies... And we might see that eventually!!

Now, as a small point, can anyone point me to any information on what was Adonalsium? My question is, was Adonalsium power with a vessel? Was there a "mortal" driven this immense power? If yes, how many vessels did Adonalsium had? If not, then was we pure sentience Investiture?

There's a thread called "Confirmation - Adonalsium was a living being" but it happened a while back so it might take some searching.

Basically, the WoB was "Adonalsium died because he was killed." So we have taken that to mean he had a vessel of some sort. Whether it was a normal being or if the Investiture created one on its own, we don't know.

(I think Spren/Seons are the only examples of Investiture given Sentience that we've seen, beyond maybe the Dor, so it's possible that the power basically becomes a vessel, from a certain point of view.)

Edited by The One Who Connects

3 hours ago, Yata said:

We don't even know if the Cosmere is greater than this dwarf galaxy or if there is something more outside the dwarf galaxy at all

I'm calling it: Adonalsium was a human who was part of the last surviving civilization in a universe that was nearing its end. Upon gaining godly powers, he was able to save the surrounding astronomical region from impending doom (heat death? some magical disaster?) but the extent of his powers was not enough to reach beyond that relatively small region, which came to be the cosmere we know today.

(I wasn't being wholly serious. I just thought that would be an awesome scenario that would lead to the cosmere being the only thing in that universe.)

Edited by skaa

55 minutes ago, skaa said:

I'm calling it: Adonalsium was a human who was part of the last surviving civilization in a universe that was nearing its end. Upon gaining godly powers, he was able to save the surrounding astronomical region from impending doom (heat death? some magical disaster?) but the extent of his powers was not enough to reach beyond that relatively small region, which came to be the cosmere we know today.

(I wasn't being wholly serious. I just thought that would be an awesome scenario that would lead to the cosmere being the only thing in that universe.)

So Adonalsium is the Cosmere's Galactus XD

• Chaos locked this topic