Samurai Jack

Koldun

Finally started watching the series.

Only seen the first two episodes so far, but... yeah, I enjoyed it. It was cool seeing Jack back again. Aku sounded a little strange, but that might have been colored by the fact that i know it isn't Mako doing the voice this time around. 

11 hours ago, Quiver said:

Finally started watching the series.

Only seen the first two episodes so far, but... yeah, I enjoyed it. It was cool seeing Jack back again. Aku sounded a little strange, but that might have been colored by the fact that i know it isn't Mako doing the voice this time around. 

Yep. The guy does a good imitation,  but unfortunately he isn't the real deal.  

While bummed that  we did not get a new episode last week,  I'm happy we got some new Rick and Morty!

12 hours ago, Orlion On a Cob said:

Yep. The guy does a good imitation,  but unfortunately he isn't the real deal.  

While bummed that  we did not get a new episode last week,  I'm happy we got some new Rick and Morty!

I haven't watched Rick and Morty, though it looks fun :P

Having watched the third episode... wow, okay. So, the series has been dark since the reboot; that was obvious. But honestly, this episode felt...

It felt even darker than the previous ones? The look (and sound) as Jack pulled the knife out of his side, just how caked in blood he was, the ghost!Jack stuff...

It was effective, certainly, but man. That was dark. 

So, I finally caught th latest episode.

Honestly, the most interesting thing about this, for me, is Jack's behaviour. He's spent the last few episodes all alone, and we've seen him having a more dour, depressed personality... then today, when he has a chance to actually interact with another person, he kind of goes back to being the old Jack again. It's cool; he's trying to win over Ashi, certainly, but it's a nice point of writing, showing how people interact with themselves and with one another...

Also, comedy. So much comedy, which was great. I've seen someone compare it to a "real" old chool Jack show, and that vibe definitely is in place; there is comedy, there is action.. over all, I liked the episode.