Long Game (3)2: Pulling on Strings

49 minutes ago, Figberts said:

Why do I insist on turning every single post into an RP? No idea.

Quond banged his head against wall. Nope, not a full mistborn. Still hurt, pewter didn't work. Hmph. He reread the letter, and decided that once his house was fixed and Teikel was killed, he might buy some of this art just for fun. Ah, well. Quond walked off to kill Rae.

Just letting you know, I'm Rae. My RP character is Rhea. :P Still, that's kind of harsh. What have I ever done to you? I haven't even placed a (successful) kill order on anyone!

1 hour ago, Figberts said:

Quond banged his head against wall. Nope, not a full mistborn. Still hurt, pewter didn't work. Hmph. He reread the letter, and decided that once his house was fixed and Teikel was killed, he might buy some of this art just for fun. Ah, well. Quond walked off to kill Rae.

16 minutes ago, Arraenae said:

Just letting you know, I'm Rae. My RP character is Rhea. :P Still, that's kind of harsh. What have I ever done to you? I haven't even placed a (successful) kill order on anyone!

In the very least, he should have said he walked off to slay Rae.  Then he'd have an excuse. :P 

Unless Rae also doesn't rhyme with slay, and I've been pronouncing it wrong this whole time.

Or Rhea also somehow rhymes with slay.

Either way, it's more fun to say slay.

2 minutes ago, Magestar said:

In the very least, he should have said he walked off to slay Rae.  Then he'd have an excuse. :P 

Unless Rae also doesn't rhyme with slay, and I've been pronouncing it wrong this whole time.

Or Rhea also somehow rhymes with slay.

Either way, it's more fun to say slay.

Don't worry, Rae rhymes perfectly with slay. I'd just prefer not to be on the receiving end of that action.

Aaaaaannnd... We're back!

Did you miss us?

So Quinn has become something like a reanimated corpse... I think all of the death is getting to him. However, that beard looks nice on him.

I feel bad for him, the stress has proved too much. He is still conscious, but other that looking up every five minutes or so and staring at everyone in the room with bloodshot eyes, his activity is minimal. He would point and accuse someone of being a mass murderer, but that falls under staring at people with bloodshot eyes.

I'm not liking how this is turning out.

It might be wise to leave this host and seek refuge somewhere else in the Cosmere. I would hate to leave him in his time of need though...

Oh whatever. We'll stay.

LG32: Night Nine - Ritual Sacrifice

Dear __________ 

It is with great sadness that We write to inform you of the renewed absence of our wonderful Court Fool. I would ask you all to keep him in your thoughts and prayers, but it would be suicidal of you not to be thinking of his whereabouts, and unusually brave not to be praying for mercy.

We note with satisfaction, however, that you have made a sacrifice appropriate to his interests. This bloodletting, however distasteful, lightens his mood without fail.

To the great many of you, I would offer congratulations. You have succeeded in lynching another of those who seek you harm. We wish both parties the best of luck. You have all provided Us with some deal of amusement. Do carry on, and make it spectacular. We will be rather irritated if you fail to convince the Fool to return.

Yours sincerely,

The Lord Tekiel

Arraenae was lynched! She was a Spiked Pewterarm.

Vote Count:
Arraenae: TheMightyLopen, Yitzi2, Hemalurgic_Headshot, Elenion, little wilson, Herowannabe, Kipper, Figberts (8)

Player List
1. Arinian - Alrin
2. Hemalurgic Headshot - Quinn
3. Jondesu - Remart - Spiked Coppercloud
4. Elenion - Roger Elariel
5. Drake Marshall - Serray - Regular Crewmember
6. Darkness Ascendant - The Phantom Stranger
7. Randuir - Magister Agemtsar Spiked Smoker
8. Magestar - David Agemtsar
9. Herowannabe - Herwynbe
10. Yitzi2 - Garshin
11. Metacognition - Village Pewterarm
12. Silverblade5 - Ryth
13: Arraenae - Rhea - Spiked Pewterarm
14. TheMightyLopen - Sidon
15. little wilson - Willie Klara
16. Droughtbringer - You  - Regular Crewmember
17. Iamspartacus - Astrid the Bold
18. Ornstein - Winkleton - Regular Crewmember
19. Araris Valerian - Wol Village Rioter
20. Dalinar Kholin - Lebochevkowski - Village Coppercloud
21. OmeGaster - Rieyun
22. Kipper - Elenion - Pewterarm
23. Sart - Gaetan - Regular Crewmember
24. Bugsy - Jelwynd
25. Figberts - Quond
26. Mark IV - The Follower
27. Manukos - Reval
28. Aonar Faileas - Vana Izenry Village Coinshot]
29. Ecthelion - Amnar - Village Pewterarm
30. Amanuensis - Mykal - Village Smoker

red_1493071200.png

I soothed Mage's vote to prove that I could still soothe, since Rae and Hero both tried to cast suspicion on me (even though my being evil would require the spiked to have converted me while attacking me, having no clue that I would be protected because they weren't arranging the protection that saved me...I feel that's a little too much, even for the most paranoid of people).

40 minutes ago, little wilson said:

I soothed Mage's vote to prove that I could still soothe, since Rae and Hero both tried to cast suspicion on me (even though my being evil would require the spiked to have converted me while attacking me, having no clue that I would be protected because they weren't arranging the protection that saved me...I feel that's a little too much, even for the most paranoid of people).

Did you remember to tell a couple of people beforehand that you would be soothing Mage, so that we know you didn't just see who was soothed and claim them?

3 minutes ago, Yitzi2 said:

Did you remember to tell a couple of people beforehand that you would be soothing Mage, so that we know you didn't just see who was soothed and claim them?

If Wilson was lying like that, the real Soother could just claim in-thread and there goes Wilson. It would be suicidal.

so i returned from my hiatus being sertain that i would have been lynched , and what do i find , the contribution crusade hasn't been doing it's job i am still alive 

i am sorry for my innactivity these past two weeks the internet back home didnt support the shard , and i just got data for my phone yesterday (which i am using at the moment ) 

i'll be going throu past record later today in order to catch up any viewpoints for the pas will be welcome 

17 minutes ago, Manukos said:

so i returned from my hiatus being sertain that i would have been lynched , and what do i find , the contribution crusade hasn't been doing it's job i am still alive 

The Crusade isn't just about lynching inactives. It's about trying to bring inactives back into activity. If there are no suspicions, then an inactive could be lynched, but that hasn't been the case in this game, since there have been plenty of suspicions.

Also, I rather think that anyone pushing for Crusade lynches in the mid-to-late game are probably eliminators, since if the villagers have been paying attention, they'll have suspicions. While they'll be frustrated with a high percentage of inactives, they won't usually wish to waste time lynching those inactives, since even if the inactives are eliminators, active eliminators are far more of a problem. But eliminators will totally try to waste the village's time lynching inactives, since that keeps discussion focused on inactivity and not on them, so they can continue killing and then win the game. If you're Crusade-lynching in the mid-to-late game, the village is probably going to lose.

1 hour ago, little wilson said:

I informed Lopen. He can confirm.

Yeah, she did tell me she was Soothing Mage beforehand.

Hmm, I wonder if that means she's in contact with a village Soother and is somehow controlling them to let her act like she still has her power when she's actually Spiked! :P I'm kidding of course. I think it's safe to say she's not Spiked.

LG32: Day Ten - Lessons in Civility

Dear __________

We write today to bring what We imagine will be unwelcome tidings to the majority of you assembled today. A body was found this morning, and in a rather vile state. Whilst We certainly appreciate the effort being undertaken to convince Our Fool to return, We would note that Our sensibilities are rather more refined. For those of you who would see one more dawn break, We would suggest that any future lynches or skulduggery are performed in such a manner as to leave the minimum of sanguine fluid present. Incidentally, if any of you do not wish to live another day, We suggest in the interest of the wellbeing of your loved ones that you make the greatest efforts to ensure sanitary conditions are left following your demise.

Your compliance is appreciated,

The Lord Tekiel

TheMightyLopen was killed! He was a Village Tineye.

PMs are now closed.

Player List
1. Arinian - Alrin
2. Hemalurgic Headshot - Quinn
3. Jondesu - Remart - Spiked Coppercloud
4. Elenion - Roger Elariel
5. Drake Marshall - Serray - Regular Crewmember
6. Darkness Ascendant - The Phantom Stranger
7. Randuir - Magister Agemtsar Spiked Smoker
8. Magestar - David Agemtsar
9. Herowannabe - Herwynbe
10. Yitzi2 - Garshin
11. Metacognition - Village Pewterarm
12. Silverblade5 - Ryth
13: Arraenae - Rhea - Spiked Pewterarm
14. TheMightyLopen - Sidon - Village Tineye
15. little wilson - Willie Klara
16. Droughtbringer - You  - Regular Crewmember
17. Iamspartacus - Astrid the Bold
18. Ornstein - Winkleton - Regular Crewmember
19. Araris Valerian - Wol Village Rioter
20. Dalinar Kholin - Lebochevkowski - Village Coppercloud
21. OmeGaster - Rieyun
22. Kipper - Elenion - Pewterarm
23. Sart - Gaetan - Regular Crewmember
24. Bugsy - Jelwynd
25. Figberts - Quond
26. Mark IV - The Follower
27. Manukos - Reval
28. Aonar Faileas - Vana Izenry Village Coinshot
29. Ecthelion - Amnar - Village Pewterarm
30. Amanuensis - Mykal - Village Smoker

red_1493157600.png

Edited by Alvron

Sorry, Lopen. That was probably my fault for saying that Rae's comment felt like they were trying to put protection on a role that was pointless. They probably guessed you would be open from that. And I'd actually considered that, but decided surely Kipper or Figberts would be better to attack, given their roles and also less likely possibility of being protected.... 

I guess we'll know if the spike takes this time though. :P Not much more obvious than if all of a sudden PMs are back.

Anyway, I still think Hero is the convert. His post last day cycle made me rethink my suspicion of him for a bit and wonder if the convert was the other Lurcher, but....converting Hero makes too much sense. And his busy schedule in RL means that he has less time to plan and strategize but he still feels like he should be doing stuff to help his new team, like pulling village protection off of people or attempting to make one doubt their suspicion of the Inquisitor if they're certain they're right. He said that he stopped requesting double protection two nights ago, but the other Lurcher said that Hero asked for it, and that was many hours after I'd talked to Hero about it and he'd admitted that I was right. Additionally, he insisted that the Inquisitor could easily be a brand new, first time player to get me doubting OmeGaster, even though giving a brand new, first time player a role like that is incredibly risky since you don't know their activity. Brand new players have been given important roles in the past and then gone completely inactive. What if Spartacus had been the Inquisitor? We wouldn't even have a game. No, I rather think I was right about HH, but he wanted to make me add more suspects to the pool. So Hero.

(Also, if you're wondering how to get the standard red on desktop, select "More Colors" at the bottom of the drop down color menu. A color palette will appear and you can just select the exact color you want on that).

2 hours ago, little wilson said:

Sorry, Lopen. That was probably my fault for saying that Rae's comment felt like they were trying to put protection on a role that was pointless. They probably guessed you would be open from that. And I'd actually considered that, but decided surely Kipper or Figberts would be better to attack, given their roles and also less likely possibility of being protected.... 

I guess we'll know if the spike takes this time though. :P Not much more obvious than if all of a sudden PMs are back.

Anyway, I still think Hero is the convert. His post last day cycle made me rethink my suspicion of him for a bit and wonder if the convert was the other Lurcher, but....converting Hero makes too much sense. And his busy schedule in RL means that he has less time to plan and strategize but he still feels like he should be doing stuff to help his new team, like pulling village protection off of people or attempting to make one doubt their suspicion of the Inquisitor if they're certain they're right. He said that he stopped requesting double protection two nights ago, but the other Lurcher said that Hero asked for it, and that was many hours after I'd talked to Hero about it and he'd admitted that I was right. Additionally, he insisted that the Inquisitor could easily be a brand new, first time player to get me doubting OmeGaster, even though giving a brand new, first time player a role like that is incredibly risky since you don't know their activity. Brand new players have been given important roles in the past and then gone completely inactive. What if Spartacus had been the Inquisitor? We wouldn't even have a game. No, I rather think I was right about HH, but he wanted to make me add more suspects to the pool. So Hero.

(Also, if you're wondering how to get the standard red on desktop, select "More Colors" at the bottom of the drop down color menu. A color palette will appear and you can just select the exact color you want on that).

Do spiked Tineyes even give PMs to the village?

Edited by Yitzi2

So hold on... when Rae was converted, that means that nobody Snapped into a Tineye, because we've only had one Tineye death and PMs are now closed. Huh.

I'm getting tired of just following the crowd cycle after cycle, so I'm going to vote Kipper because he's inactive and has been shown to have extra lives.

59 minutes ago, Hemalurgic_Headshot said:

Hero had proclaimed himself the Lurcher, and as Lopen was the most likely target for the Elims after revealing himself as the Tineye, the fact that Lopen was not protected lends itself to the claim that Herowannabe is a Spiked convert.

I'm afraid Wilson already took the blame for that mistake.

Edited by Yitzi2