I Hate Dragons?

I don't think he's said definitely no, but as far as I can remember he hasn't mentioned it in years, yet alone worked on it, and he originally just wrote as an excercise, rather than to write a full on story. Considering how busy he already is and how low priority IHD seems, I think it's unlikely that Brandon'll come back to it.

But anything's possible :ph34r:

Edited by Flynn

It definitely could be expanded, and I think plenty of fans would love to see him try a comedic fantasy not aimed specifically at kids. (Terry Pratchett's unfortunate death has left a terrible void.) I do agree that it seems unlikely (given all his commitments) we'll get an I Hate Dragons novel, but maybe a novelette?  

Last year he donated the story to Dragon Writers: An Anthology, and wrote a three paragraph intro, which says: "though this stands all right on its own, it isn't intended to be a full story."  So I do think Brandon still sees this as something unfinished, which gives me a glimmer of hope that he'll come back to it at some point and flesh it out into something fuller.     

• Chaos locked this topic