Kplynch21

Reputation is based on the number of upvotes or downvotes your posts receive. You give reputation by hitting the up or down arrows to the right of a post. You can give 16 upvotes each day and 2 downvotes. When you begin to accrue reputation, your reputation count on your profile page will change. New "ranks" are gained when you hit preset reputation benchmarks;  these are the gold writing next to your username when you post.

Here, have an upvote. You will get a notification that someone gave you reputation for your post.  You only get notifications when you are upvoted, not when you are downvoted.

Anything else you have questions on that I forgot to cover?

1 hour ago, Extesian said:

I didn't know there's no notification for getting downvoted. Any idea if you can find out any downvotes you get?

No, sorry, that's by design. Rep is supposed to be the community average. By hiding this there's way less "OMG you downvoted me HOW DARE YOU", which is exactly what is not supposed to happen. Some people take any downvote, even if it gets averaged out, extremely personally. 

5 minutes ago, Chaos said:

No, sorry, that's by design. Rep is supposed to be the community average. By hiding this there's way less "OMG you downvoted me HOW DARE YOU", which is exactly what is not supposed to happen. Some people take any downvote, even if it gets averaged out, extremely personally. 

Seems legit Chaos. I more wanted to learn if I'm saying things that irritate people so I can learn from it, but I'm comfortable with that. Cheers.

• 1 month later...
On 3/21/2017 at 0:34 AM, Extesian said:

Seems legit Chaos. I more wanted to learn if I'm saying things that irritate people so I can learn from it, but I'm comfortable with that. Cheers.

You can pull up your recent posts from your profile and skim for any downvotes.