Iron Fist just broke his hand

Honestly, the worst part of the Iron Fist story right now is the way they keep trying to dflect criticism.

"We made this for the fans!"
"People don't like it because Danny is a Rich White guy!"

Guys. Guys. We haven't even seen the series. When you get out in front of the wagon to defend your film this hard against critics, it's not really a good sign...

5 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

He is genuinely so cool and badass.

Then there's this nice suit.

Spoiler

hqdefault.jpg

5 hours ago, Quiver said:

Honestly, the worst part of the Iron Fist story right now is the way they keep trying to dflect criticism.

"We made this for the fans!"
"People don't like it because Danny is a Rich White guy!"

Guys. Guys. We haven't even seen the series. When you get out in front of the wagon to defend your film this hard against critics, it's not really a good sign...

Not necessarily, assuming the show is actually at least decent and the criticism comes soley from the race angle (not saying it is but with how the Internet can be it isn't impossible either) then the current badmouthing it's getting could loose it a number of viewers they might not recover from. Or you know, the show actually is bad and they're desperate, we'll have to wait and see.

1 hour ago, Edgedancer said:

Reveal hidden contents

hqdefault.jpg

Not necessarily, assuming the show is actually at least decent and the criticism comes soley from the race angle (not saying it is but with how the Internet can be it isn't impossible either) then the current badmouthing it's getting could loose it a number of viewers they might not recover from. Or you know, the show actually is bad and they're desperate, we'll have to wait and see.

I guess, and that IS a fair alternative... but I guess after seeing Miles Teller try to pull the "It's for the fans" defence with Fant4stic Four, I'm a little wary when I see that bandied about. :ph34r:

The acting ranges from terrible to acceptable, which doesn't help some of the terrible dialog. The plot is...let's say that I watched it with someone constantly talking through it and I didn't miss anything.

And let's talk about the main character: he's an annoying jerk. The "mystery" is not much and the tragedy is pedestrian, and there appears to be nothing noble about this guy. It's essentially Awkward Creepy Guy the Tv Show, with the main plot being Danny wondering why nobody finds his creepiness charming.

I'm going into a bit more harsher detail just to make one thing clear: The idea that critics rated the show so low due to PC reasons is demonstrably false. There's plenty to critique without evening mentioning that.

Further credentials: I have not seen any of the other Marvel Netflix series, so I am not comparing it to that. I did see the first few episodes of Agent of Shield and felt about the same way as I do with Iron Fist. 

I'm only 2 episodes in so far so I don't know how I'll feel once I've seen the rest. So far imo it's eh. It's not outright bad it just isn't all that good so far either.

Personally I think the first season of Daredevil was very good, Jessica Jones was slightly better and Luke Cage and the second season of Daredevil were decidedly average. The punisher was very well done but I don't feel the rest of the season came anywhere near that standard. (I am aware that that doesn't exactly line up with common opinions.)

Edited by Claincy

10 hours ago, Quiver said:

'kay, I'm just gonna throw this out to you guys: I've heard some comparisons between Iron Fist and Arrow. Are those comparisons warranted/fair?

Some parallels to the first season of Arrrow. I mean, rich guy who's been away and presumed dead for years suddenly returns and happens to be a crime fighting badass. Who can also be a bit of an chull and has some issues integrating with normal society. Pursuing a vigilante quest against a shadow organisation.

I can see why people would draw comparisons but watching them they feel quite different to me.

And... from what I hear, Iron Fist starts off bad and gets better about half-way through? Compared to the other Netflix series, "gets better" might not be good enough... but I admit, I have a bit of a train wreck fascination, so I might jump ahead to watching Iron Fist. :ph34r:

(I've seen Daredevil season one, and am about half-way through Jessica Jones.)

@Quiver I know it's not worth it to me, but maybe you'll find a depraved sense of enjoyment out of it ;) 

@Darkness Ascendant The Defenders should be just fine, so long as they don't need to do any other origin stories. If they do, they did it wrong... that was the whole point of doing the different series before hand! So there wouldn't need to be any origin stories!

Finished it now. It definitely improves as it goes on. Personally I'd rate it above Luke Cage and Daredevil season 2 but we'll below Daredevil S1 and Jessica Jones. I do appreciate that they made the Hand actually threatening and fairly compelling after the mess they were in Daredevil S2.

Edited by Claincy

Finished it earlier. It was my least fav but it was still fun. I did grow a bit irrated at the Meecham roller coaster flip flopping by ep 9 and it goes all the way to ending. Colleen was my fav thing about this show. Wasn't a big fan of the ending. I've watched far worse shows then this.