Shardblade vs. Lightsaber

It Is I ME

So I was thinking about cool swords and I started wondering, what if a Jedi and a shard bearer got in a fight? I don't think that the Lightsaber would do anything to the shard blade. But would the shard blade be able to cause the Lightsaber to malfunction somehow? Would the weapons just go through each other and both people die? Would this be a better question for star are fans? 

I think that the shard blade would just cut through the handle because a light saber is inanimate and shard blades can only destroy the soul. So, in my opinion it would just cut up the handle and maybe kill the hand if it hit it. Also, have a cookie and welcome to shard!:D

Edited by Rage

Well, we've seen the effect of Shardblades on physical, inanimate matter numerous times, namely, cutting through it with very little resistance. With that in mind, all we need to know is that a lightsaber blade is magnetically contained plasma. Since plasma is a state of matter, and is not alive, the Shardblade would pass right through it. However, I doubt it would disrupt the actually magnetic field containing the blade, so the lightsaber blade would be unaffected. 
Basically, both weapons just pass right through each other. 

8 minutes ago, tfennell22 said:

If both are in essence physical matter that contain light (or the photons of light) in them, would not the spren and plasma be evenly matched besides the length difference of the Shardblade? 

One: Sharblades aren't light. They are a physical manifestation of an invested transformative cognitive entity, to be precise. A sharblade, I think would be more useful than a lightsaber in many circumstances, for many reasons. However, What's being said above is that due the way lightsabers and sharblades work, they would likely just pass through each other. Also, have a cookie!

thOA7GDP31.jpg

Mr. Sanderson has said if the lengths of the shardblade and lightsaber were equal, the contest would be hard to call.  Which implies they are at least somewhat compatible in a dueling situation.  Whether or not they make contact on each other or pass right through each other, it reads to me that at the least, one blade would not sever the other in half.

http://www.theoryland.com/intvmain.php?i=977#156

This really just sounds like a Knight vs Samurai contest where in the end, the weapons and equipment don't matter, only the individuals skill and creativity. An actual victor could only genuinely be found if you put limitations on the contest, such as no force powers/surge bindings, only bladework. in this situation, I would say that a Radiant would most likely be the victor, since their shardplate would give them greater strength, speed and agility, and their shardblade adds extensive reach to the equation. If you then allowed a Jedi to use the force, only for physical, and mental enhancement(still nothing external), then I would give it to the Jedi, as they are able to use the force to predict incoming blows, and plan around them, similar to using atium from Mistborn, which is nearly(although not entirely) impossible to outplay.

By the time you add all other external powers and surges to the two contestants, it becomes impossible to draw an accurate conclusion, and  will be entirely situational.

As for whether or not a lightsaber would be able to directly block a shardblade: yes and no. While it is true that a shardblade can cut through any nonliving matter, and a lightsaber is nonliving matter, this can only be said of the Shardblade's edge, not the entire blade. If a Jedi were to parry a Radiant's stroke, rather than stop it directly, then there will be very little issue, although it would limit your possible reactions to any given attack.

In any case, it would make for a very entertaining confrontation, that I would love to see in a Deathbattle one day.