Oathbringer is 93% through 3rd draft...is this last draft?

dayman

When you go the book store in the Google play store, they have Oathbringer in there labeled with a November release. Obviously this might not be all that reliable. Also when Brandon posted the State of Sanderson blog, he said he was approaching the drafts in a different way than the past SA books. This could be evidence that the deadline might be fairly certain. 

4 hours ago, AerionBFII said:

I heard he does the 4th & 5th drafts together? Is that real or just a symptom of SA withdrawal?

I don't know the answer to that one offhand but we know with Oathbringer that he changed up his usual process and did second draft revisions in the course of writing the first draft.

And yeah, he's been committed to a November release for a while now. It's unlikely to be moved up even if he finishes everything early (extra time to go over everything or just to account for unknowns never hurts, especially when you've already told everyone to expect a particular month) and I think he's got a good enough handle on everything after ten years to know that it's not likely to take him much longer than he's already planned for now that he's at the point in the writing process where things stand today.

• Chaos locked this topic