Kell here!

Alright. Let's get down to business. In The Alloy of Law (Chapter 6 I think), it mentions that Lord Yomen(?) is a Sliverist(?), or worships Ironeyes/Death. Sadly, the page is sorely lacking. D'ya guys all have more info? I'd love to learn more. 

P.S. Does Marsh condone the practice?

The Path is probably the most popular religion in modern Scadrial. However, despite extensive details, there are a few questions to be asked. Are Pathians allowed to dual worship? Are Spook and/or Marsh deified? Please add it to the Wiki!

I also have one question about the Church of the Survivor. Somewhere in Bands of Mourning, Marasi or Aradel or MeLaan or someone (whatever) mentions that one variation of the story is that Kelsier was the Ascendant Warrior's enemy. He was stabbed with a spear by a slave, for the slavery he condoned, a worker, for the labor he forced, and a Prince, for the nobility he corrupted. Is there any more details to this? I'm very interested.

Ising the I of saying goodbye(Hey that rhymes!)!

As far as I'm aware, the answer to most of these questions is "We don't know". Brandon hasn't said much via WoB about the religions of modern Scadrial (whether because people haven't asked him or because he doesn't want to give too much away). I'll check the books when I get home tonight to see if we've missed any information. But I would guess that if we had much more info, it would already be on the Coppermind. (Also if you have any information from the books that isn't there, feel free to add it yourself!)

I'd like to clarify something.

BoM spoilers, (I'm putting it in spoiler tags since this isn't the Mistborn board):

Spoiler

Most of the characters in BoM do not know that the Sovereign was actually Kelsier (Wax only finds out at the end, remember?). They thought the Sovereign was the Lord Ruler (a.k.a. Rashek), and apparently that's what Kelsier wanted people to think. The three spears lore that Marasi mentioned (this is in Chapter 23, by the way) was about the Lord Ruler specifically, not Kelsier at all.

Just wanted to clear up that misunderstanding. :)

Also, I don't think Harmony is the kind of person who would forbid dual worship. Having followers who are strongly Connected to him via genuine religious devotion would of course be advantageous to him because he could affect those people more, but he's probably too wise (or cunning, depending on how you see him) to openly insist on that. As I understand it, Pathism is more concerned with truth than worship.

Besides, Harmony's only real competition are actual Shards; in which case, "Thou shalt not have other gods before me" would be rather difficult to enforce if a Pathian is directly corrupted by another Shard (either via Hemalurgy or some other mechanism), don't you think?

Edited by skaa

12 hours ago, Figberts said:

Gah! Move this to mistborn board!

I agree. @☫Kelsier☫, I understand that you did mention the wiki in your post, and you probably formed your questions while browsing the Coppermind, but your questions still do not belong in the Coppermind board because those who haven't read the Mistborn series would be spoiled. Rather, you should've posted it in the Mistborn board instead. Please be more mindful next time.

Edited by skaa

• Chaos locked this topic