Koloss + Atium feruchemy

18th Shard

Suppose you create a koloss. Then you spike a Feruchemist and take the ability to store/tap youth Feruchemically and give it to the koloss. Could the koloss then control its size (as they grow massively as they age), getting large for a fight and the shrinking it back down to normal for life. If you made them an atium compounder, would they be able to remain roughly human-sized indefinitely, only growing when they stopped tapping youth?

Popup Koloss army. Just add atium.

what if a rioter/soother/mistbon controlling a koloss made it burn the metals, also the ability in theory i think would work, though atium is used to store age, so for an army of coloss, all storing age, you would need a lot of atium to make the metal minds, good theory though.

• 2 weeks later...

Considering that allomancer Jak was almost turned into a koloss, and weve seen koloss blooded mistings, I wouldn't be shocked to see misting and feruchemist Koloss in The Lost Metal. It's been hinted at for quite some time. 

Koloss are only capable of feeling boredom and rage. They are among the dumbest creatures in all the Cosmere, save perhaps chulls. If it took Vin a good amount of training from Kelseir to really learn how to use her allomancy, it seems unlikely that a koloss would be able to control it themselves. About the atium however, we haven't seen anybody learn how to use ferchemy, so it might be easier. We don't really know.

3 hours ago, Figberts said:

Koloss are only capable of feeling boredom and rage.

In HoA, Vin points out that they can feel fear, and it slightly weakens them. So I imagine they can feel more emotions, and the fact that they can speak puts them a small step above animals. Edit: to clarify, I still think they'd need a lot of training to use Allomancy, but they aren't dumb beasts. They are just.. straightforward

Edited by The One Who Connects

• Chaos locked this topic