Poland - Warsaw and Krakow events 18/21 March

Extesian

On 22.03.2017 at 4:55 AM, Blightsong said:

Are there recordings or transcriptions of the event from earlier this week?

So I'll break it all down as I was everywhere on both events.

Friday: Polish fansite interview. It's currently being handled by my colleagues from the site.
Saturday/Warsaw:

• Q&A which was recorded by a lot of people. I think it has been put up on youtube already. I'm working on transcript with @Kanrei. I'm working with @Rasarr's recording.
  • Signing line: I sent my notes from it to @Kanrei and he did have recorded it but the quality is not great (we were too far away). I put up a post on Polish FB group for people to send in their questions but so far it's ineffective.

Tuesday/Krakow:

• Q&A was definitely filmed but I haven't really got time to check anything so right now I don't know what's happening with the Q&A. Although we have audio in @swieczq's record.
  • Signing line was recorded by @swieczq and a person from Polish fandom (but only @swieczq got everything). @Extesian is working on transcript or has already finished.

BTW, I got Brandon's pen which he signed books with! He ran out and then his Polish guide turns to me (I was sitting by waiting for the line to end) cause he knew me from Warsaw, hands me the money and asks to buy more markers for Brandon. So I did. And then Brandon gave me cosmere pin for my trouble :D

Edited by Oversleep

15 hours ago, Oversleep said:

After the signing I asked whether it's possible to store gravity as Connection - my fourth RAFO. We asked about Hoid using lerasium to rewrite himself in a way other than granting Allomancy and Brandon said lerasium couldn't give other powers BUT he once again danced around the "Had Hoid burned lerasium to become Mistborn" thing. Even after I asked for clarification on that since it creates confusion he stood firmly by "you have seen him use Allomancy and that's your answer".

Couldn't Hoid be using Allomancy because he brought some Southern Metalminds to Roshar? He does not have to have had eaten the Lerasium to use it, all he needs are the right unkeyed metalminds to play with people's emotions...It's just a different hypothesis, since Wax and Wayne does happen in the gap between the first five SA books and the second five (so, around the same time period), and we don't know when Hoid went down and stole his S. metalminds, it's possible that this was the method he's using instead (I don't really think it is what he's doing in the WoR scene, but it is another possibility that you guys should consider...)

Edited by Kandra-in-disguise

@Extesian, I can't edit the transcript and I could help with questions I heard.

Also, one guy just told me that during the signing he asked whether everyone at the Shattering were human and Yoleneese and Brandon said yes. That's very strange since I could swear at lest one Shard is nonhuman. I'm currently trying to get out of him when did he ask that so we could pinpoint it on the recording.

Edited by Oversleep

8 minutes ago, Oversleep said:

@Extesian, I can't edit the transcript and I could help with questions I heard.

Also, one guy just told me that during the signing he asked whether everyone at the Shattering were human and Yoleneese and Brandon said yes. That's very strange since I could swear at lest one Shard is nonhuman. I'm currently trying to get out of him when did he ask that so we could pinpoint it on the recording.

Thanks, I've updated the settings for anyone to edit, hopefully that works? Let me know if not! I haven't had the chance to finish it yet so there may be a few missing WoBs amongst the signing lines I missed.

And yeah I would be very surprised if there were no non-humans at the Shattering. If that were certain the only explanation would be that a non-human picked up a Shard after the Shattering either by one being left behind or by picking it up once an original Shardholder died. We've definitely been told there's at least one non-human Vessel. Interesting.

41 minutes ago, Oversleep said:

Also, one guy just told me that during the signing he asked whether everyone at the Shattering were human and Yoleneese and Brandon said yes.

Maybe the phrasing was a bit different and Brandon understood it as "human or Yoleneese". If there are non human races there, the answer would be consistent with what he said before. The recording will be very important here. 

On 3/17/2017 at 3:50 PM, Oversleep said:

I asked a ton. I can barely remember what I did ask. I was very excited so my memory is hazy.

I got RAFO'd when I asked about the Shard which didn't Invest, the one floating in the space, the one that just wants to hide+survive (I'm not really sure that we know all these things apply to the same Shard).

hm... I asked about technological progress on other worlds than Scadrial:
Taldain was progressing technologically... but then Autonomy did the isolation thing and it stopped.
Roshar is headed towards magicpunk since they've got a ton of Investiture flying around.

I asked about AI/sentient machines in cosmere... but without the recording on hand I don't want to feed you mistruths.

I asked a lot about AonDor - turns out you could write a higher-level programming language with that. I think he said there is a way to make functions (so object oriented programming). I asked about going deeper to access the assembler and he said that there are things we don't know about Sel yet and why magic works that way but my impression was he said he'll dig into it eventually.

I took a shot at the Terriswoman in Warbreaker, he asked what do we think and I said one of the nurses. He didn't confirm but said something like that I shouldn't be able to make that guess and was surprised I did. I think he said that we will eventually figure this out/we'll get to know her.

We asked about films, Brandon said that he'd want to do cameos where he dies every time. Like ultimate Redshirt.

Oh, and he said my shirt was awesome. I agreed.
And I may have left my printed list of questions in his room.

This is you guys I guess?
-Aslydin bit at 16:15/17:58. Though I'm unclear on what "one of the nurses" means, as by my recollection was there only the one nurse that Vivenna employs. Were you referring to Siri's handmaidens?

Edited by Kurkistan

7 hours ago, Kurkistan said:

This is you guys I guess?
-Aslydin bit at 16:15/17:58.

Indeed. We uploaded it to youtube yesterday but I wasn't supposed to share it until Polish subtitles were added. But since you already found it I guess I can share it now:

7 hours ago, Kurkistan said:

Though I'm unclear on what "one of the nurses" means, as by my recollection was there only the one nurse that Vivenna employs. Were you referring to Siri's handmaidens?

Apart from the one that handled Lemex I may have meant also the woman that cared to Vivenna after Vasher got her off the streets. You know, I was really excited and my brain was kinda melting trying to juggle "how do I pronounce that" (you can hear me choke up on very simple words like "societes") and the sheer awesomeness of finally meeting Brandon ;)

10 hours ago, Extesian said:

And yeah I would be very surprised if there were no non-humans at the Shattering. If that were certain the only explanation would be that a non-human picked up a Shard after the Shattering either by one being left behind or by picking it up once an original Shardholder died. We've definitely been told there's at least one non-human Vessel. Interesting.

The guy says it was about 18:45-19:00. Q&A started about 18:00 and lasted like 30 minutes. So we should check the period between 15 minutes after the end of Q&A and 45 minutes after the end of Q&A.

Edited by Oversleep

14 hours ago, Oversleep said:

Also, one guy just told me that during the signing he asked whether everyone at the Shattering were human and Yoleneese and Brandon said yes.

I found it, the question starts around 1:57:45 on the recording, It's a little hard to make out, but it ends with Brandon saying "not all human, but all from Yolen".

I'll update this post when i'll listen to it few more times and get more out of it.

Edit:

It goes roughly like this:

Q: I wonder, if original shardholder was (another?...) not from...
A: Not human or...?
Q: Human, but not from Yolen
A: So... no, everybody was from Yolen.
Q: Sapience was(...)?
A: Not all human, but all from Yolen.

A little bit further, there is another interesting question (or actually answer):

2:06
Q: Could You tell me something about Cosmere, that we don't know?
A: Oooh boy, that is so hard, people ask this all the time and I get running out of things, hmm... There are shards whose shardpools are not on a planet they currently inhabit. At least one.

What do You think, is it a mention about shardpool in Sixth of the Dusk?

Edited by swieczq

48 minutes ago, swieczq said:

I found it, the question starts around 1:57:45 on the recording, It's a little hard to make out, but it ends with Brandon saying "not all human, but all from Yolen".

I'll update this post when i'll listen to it few more times and get more out of it.

Edit:

It goes roughly like this:

A: So... no, everybody was from Yolen.
Q: Sapience was(...)?

A little bit further, there is another interesting question (or actually answer):

2:06
A: Oooh boy, that is so hard, people ask this all the time and I get running out of things, hmm... There are shards whose shardpools are not on a planet they currently inhabit. At least one.

What do You think, is it a mention about shardpool in Sixth of the Dusk?

Nice work! That makes sense with the Yolen one and I like the Shardpool one! Perhaps Odium?

If anyone gets a chance, I have a Nightblood question that I'd like to ask, for the next event, though it is a bit extensive.  I'd also like to see the thoughts of the minds here.

We know that Vasher an Shashara tried to base Nightblood's awakening on the Shardblades they had seen on Roshar.  Is there a reason they chose the command "Destroy Evil" rather than modeling the command on the ideals of one of the Radiant orders?  And as a follow up, if the command had been given in "Ideal" format (Ie: Value Journey before Destination, Choose Life before Death, Show Strength rather than weakness, Protect those who cannot protect themselves, protect even those you despise, so long as it is right, etc, etc), and assuming it worked, would Nightblood have developed a personality more similar to that of the Spren-type the Ideals bond too?  An artificial Honorspren, or other, as it were?

And if yes, on Roshar, would a bond to Nightblood give the user access to that Radiant order's Surges?

1 hour ago, Extesian said:

Nice work! That makes sense with the Yolen one and I like the Shardpool one! Perhaps Odium?

First of the Sun jumps to mind for the Shardpool as the obvious instance, but I think it would have to be a remnant of when a Shard had Invested in a system long ago, and we know that Odium doesn't like to Invest like that and when he did, he got trapped in the Roshar system. We only know of a couple other Shards that moved around: the Survival Shard could be moving and hiding, Ambition and one other Shard aren't currently on worlds. I'd think one of them would be more likely.

Crazy speculation, I've wondered if Honor's perpendicularity is on another planet in the Roshar system, which is why it's mobile on Roshar (but it would be stationary on the other world). I had tossed it out, since we know Honor's pieces are all on Roshar, but if the perpendicularities can be on other worlds, then it opens the possibility up again.

12 minutes ago, Pagerunner said:

Crazy speculation, I've wondered if Honor's perpendicularity is on another planet in the Roshar system, which is why it's mobile on Roshar (but it would be stationary on the other world).

What if not on another world, but on one of the moons?  Or it's location follows the orbit of the specific moon.  I remember some mention of the Orbit of the moons being special, important, and artificial.

Does anyone remember if Rock's story about seeing Hoid emerge from a shardpool specified time of day, unless it was specifically Cultivation's pool?

6 hours ago, strumienpola said:

How's it going? You guys need help? 

Transcript of the interview is done (almost), with few words here and there yet to check. Translation is in progress, meanwhile I will finish the transcript of Warsaw Q&A which is also almost done. @Kanrei has worked through almost all of the Warsaw signing line (which is over 4 hours of really poor quality record, so my upvotes to yours, my rep becomes yours, Kanrei).

Krakow (Q&A and signing line) is being handled by @Extesian and @swieczq, I think. I don't know their status on that.

30 minutes ago, Oversleep said:

Transcript of the interview is done (almost), with few words here and there yet to check. Translation is in progress, meanwhile I will finish the transcript of Warsaw Q&A which is also almost done. @Kanrei has worked through almost all of the Warsaw signing line (which is over 4 hours of really poor quality record, so my upvotes to yours, my rep becomes yours, Kanrei).

Krakow (Q&A and signing line) is being handled by @Extesian and @swieczq, I think. I don't know their status on that.

7 hours ago, strumienpola said:

How's it going? You guys need help? 

Great work on the Warsaw work! I've been away for a few days so I haven't progressed it further. But I will try to knock through the rest in the next day or two, at least the WoBs. If anyone is able to help, incomplete transcript is here and audio is here.

2 hours ago, Extesian said:

Great work on the Warsaw work! I've been away for a few days so I haven't progressed it further. But I will try to knock through the rest in the next day or two, at least the WoBs. If anyone is able to help, incomplete transcript is here and audio is here.

Great, I have ton of statistics to make, so I'd love to ignore that and do something for the fandom instead :P

This one:

Q: Will Dalinar punish Adolin for killing Sadeas?

A: He doesn’t know. Nobody knows… If he knew, he’d probably will.

Nobody knows. This confirms there were no witnesses, nobody hiding within the shadow whom might have seen. I am particularly interested in how he answered the question... The question was obviously about the future, but Brandon is clearly referencing about the present. Of course, Dalinar doesn't know, right now, but should I interpret this as he will never find out?

I find the phrasing to be rather odd.

On ‎27‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 0:49 PM, strumienpola said:

Guys, I think the Kraków transcription is done. Except for one Q at 3h4m, but I don't know if we can make it, because I even tried to clear the audio a bit and I have nothing. Someone guessed its about Vasher, but that's it. 
@Extesian and @swieczq I guess you could do the honors and post it. 

Great work, thank you for helping out! I felt bad about the delay.

So here is the link to the completed transcript, and I'm putting in spoilers below (for length) the text of it. Some great WoBs, maybe not quite as spectacular as the Germany event but some excellent questions. Thank you so much to everyone who helped out, particularly @swieczq and @strumienpola!! And please note that it isn't everything he said, there are time markers with very short summaries for those interested in the topic.

Spoiler

4 mins

Q: Are you planning to work on any more graphic novels?

A: There will be two more in the series and if people really like it we’ll do others.

10 mins

Q:Any chance of any new WoT materials?

A: Not likely (can’t make it out) It's up to Harriet. I'm worried that he wouldn't want us to do anymore

Q:(Can't make it out)

A:And so, I have told her that I don't think I would want to do anymore, but if Harriet came out and said "I really feel we should do the prequels", then they could happen, I think it's very unlikely, but...

Q: The prequels were (?) by Jordan?

A:Yes, he did, he has a little bit about them, not very much but a little bit. He did want them to come out sometime, so it’s possible.

13 mins

Q:I wanted to ask, is the shardbearer of Odium a human?

A: Not any longer.

Q:Ok, that's... I didn't expect that one

A: But what the answer to your question you really want to know is, was he originally human?

Q:yeah

A:Yes. That's a good question!

20 min

#brandonsfavorites
Q: What’s your favourite kind of music?

A: I would say… in the end of the day… epic orchestra.

33 mins

Q:What’s the allomantic symbol for the metal that comes from Trell?

A: (Laugh) Ooooh, Isaac knows, but it hasn’t been revealed yet, so you get a RAFO, I don’t have any more cards, but R A F O (probably he has written it), good question!

35 mins

Q: Is Hoid a sliver?

A: A sliver, no he’s not, good question. See, the problem is, “sliver” is really difficult to define, because it has variety of meanings, but I would not call him one. So that’s… It’s arguable, but I would say no.

37mins

Q: What are the skycolors referred to in White Sand?

A: RAFO

41mins

Q:So first, about Trell…He was first mentioned in the first Mistborn book. Did you already know he’ll have a bigger role in the future? (unintelligible, seems to ask about whether he knew the plans for Trell when writing original Mistborn); The guy that asked that question is in or facebook group so I checked it with his post.

A: When I actually was writing Mistborn, no, by the time I’d done revisions and finished the series, then I knew. Mistborn was very exploratory, the first book, once I finished it then I build the outline to fit it, it’s very common to me that I write a first book without an outline and then I build an outline around it.

(unintelligible) Something about Trell’s brother

A: So there’s something very weird happening with Trell, very very weird, that I’m not going to explain quite yet, so that’s a RAFO.

#generalquestions
Q: In Patrick Rothfuss’ the Name of the Wind there’s Sympathy that resembles Awakening. Was that your inspiration?

A: We actually were writing at the same time. We both were interested in the same things… No, no, he wrote his first, but I haven’t read it until I’ve written Warbreaker, but his was first. We were both interested in the same concepts… umm… I think it’s a really great magic system. (...) I wrote Warbreaker in 2006.

Q: Oh, because I checked the release date, and yours was 2009 and his was 2007.

A: Yup, But I wrote in 2006 on my honeymoon, actually. But yeah, his magic is really cool, I like it, it is a good job, I like how it’s hard magic and a soft magic.

45 mins

#branodsfavorites
Q:Do you have any pets? 
A: Yes, I have a cat. Though this cat… My son found in a field (?) It was living by itself and my son, who was 3 years old, adopted it. So it’s not MY cat. 
(few minutes later another person asked if he liked cats)
A:Yes, I have a cat, his name is Pinecone.

Q:(seems to ask how the metals for mistborn were chosen, random , or was there something behind it)I was thinking, was there (...) random or was something behind it?

A: I wanted the metals that had an alloy, that was commonly used and is easily accessible to people in a pre-industrial society

Q:(?) [there is something about “copper” ?][a](When they go and discover more contents of the periodic table, is there a chance they’ll discover (?...))

A:There is a chance, yes.

1 hour –

Q&A

Ok so this is the first one on White Sand. Why did this text become the basis for a graphic novel and how is the work going on converting White Sand into a graphic novel

So White Sand was the very first book I ever wrote, or at least a bad version of White Sand. I started it in 1994 and it was terrible. But I liked some of the ideas so years later I gave it another try. And it became my 7th or 8th book (White Sand or Dragonsteel). And it was much better but still not quite where I wanted it to be. So I never ended up publishing it. When a comic book company in America came to me and asked if I was interested in doing a comic book, it sprung to mind. Because they wanted to do an adaptation of one of my books except I didn’t want to do one that was already published, I wanted to do something that was new. It was just too long, it needed an edit and I’ve always felt that White Sand was close to being good enough, it was just too long, it needed an edit. Sot the primary process for adapting it with Rick, who is a UK graphic novel writer involved him taking my text and cutting it way down to just the dialogue and the actions. And he did a fantastic job, we’re very pleased with that, but he did most of the work on that.

1.06 – games/movies etc

1.09 – legion as a character

1.12 – questions from audience

(Something about future book for world from Shadows for Silence)

So this is one of my novellas called Shadows for Silence in the Forests of Hell, I’m planning one novel but we’ll have to fit it into my schedule, I have lots of things to do.

1.17 he wrote a scene involving a Ryshadium horse

1.19 books he recommends are Pratchett, Anne McCaffrey and Name of the Wind, Wheel of time for experienced fantasy readers

If Hoid swallowed duraluminum would anything happen?

Um…yes!

Is that the end of your answer?

Yes that’s the end of my answer.

1.28 –

second signing

Q: Would tapping connection increase steel sight?

A: No, probably not, there are arrangements that could make that happen but just tapping it, no.

Q: What if a Connector tried to store his connection from the time of birth? Because I understand that’s how spiritual age works.

A: Right, Connection to his time of birth. I’m not sure exactly how he would manage that. Yeah I don’t think that would work, I’m not sure how you would manage it. There are other ways to make, you’re along the right path, but that’s not exactly what, the terminology just isn’t working right there.

Q: By the way Shadows of Self was my favourite.

A: Actually I think the weakest Mistborn book was Alloy of Law but I think Shadows of Self and Bands of Mourning are among the strongest.

A: So... no, everybody was from Yolen

Q: Sapience was..?

2:04 
#brandonsfavorites
Q:What’s your favourite game?
A:Probably Dark Souls, I really like those.

2:07

Q:How do you come up with these brilliant names? 
A: I do the language first, and then I do names hat fit. There’s no science to it, just intuition.

2:09

Q:(what it depends on for different orders to get different powers)

A:Which of the orders?

Q: Of the abilities in Roshar

A: Oh, the abilities of the Knights Radiant?

Q: yes

A:So, this depends on which spren (you obtain?). Each spren can give two of the abilities, and they're slightly different for each order.

Q:(If you could choose one, which one would it be?)

A:Probably windrunners, cause I would want to fly.

Q: So did Vivienna become a worldhopper?

A: Keep your eyes open, you might see some more Vivenna in the near future.

Q: I have a question about Wayne, are his skills of taking another personality,is it his trait, or something magical?

A: It is not magical, he’s just really good at it.

Q: Do you have any idea when you’ll finish this series?

A: So there’ll be two five-book groups, first five should be out fairly soon. But then there’ll be a break while I write something else and then i’ll come back to the back five, so i’m not sure, but the first five will have their own arc.

Q: Is next Elantris any closer plans?

A: Not really unfortunately, I just have to get as much stormlight done as I can, before I can do other things. It’s still probably after stormlight five.

Q: Are You planning to resurrect Kelsier?

A: How far have You read in this book?

Q: I’ve read it all

A: Well, it depends on what you count a cognitive shadow. So resurrect… noo… but…

Q: There was this quote about the kite that was without a string.

A: Yes, he’s looking for a string. He’s indeed looking for a string, so what’s actually going to happen is RAFO.[c]

Q: Will Dalinar punish Adolin for killing Sadeas?

A: He doesn’t know. Nobody knows… If he knew, he’d probably will.

Q: Can parshendi bond with honorspren? (unclear follow-up, something about Honor and Cultivation)

A: They (honorspren?) would have to choose, it has never happened before. On Roshar they would say it’s impossible. That doesn’t mean it actually is.

Q: If I spoke the words (unclear, probably asked if he would bond with a spren)

A: If you spoke the words it would depend on the spren to choose, but I think so!

Q: Can I try?

*Anna Studniarek giggles*

A: Sure, go for it!

Q: Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination

[AS]: *still giggles* So just waiting for the spren to appear.

BS: *100% serious* Words are accepted.

Q: In mistborn, Ruin could talk to you when you were spiked, and Preservation could hear you. Do other shards have different abilities?

A: It varies, but yes. But that was related to the way they created people.

Q: Do you plan to kill Shallan and do you think she’s an awful person?

A: I do not think she’s an awful person, because she is a person, who has done the best she can in some very bad situations and we will see what happens, i can’t tell you whether or not she will live.

Q: Have you ever created a character, that you will then thought is too powerful?

A: No, I never had that problem, I have written my characters in a problems that it was hard to get them out of. But usually i get together my friends and I brainstorm, and so far so good, but no, I have never got into that specific problem yet, cause everybody has a weakness.

Spoiler

#brandonsfavorites

Q: When you play D&D who is the game master?
A: Me.
Q: Always?
A: Almost always. There were times when I haven’t been GM, mostly so I can play some weird wizards. 
Q: So do you spend a lot of the time on sessions? 
A: I did, but I don’t any more because I dont have the time.

Q:[d] Vasher is Zahel in Stormlight Archive
A: MHM
Q: Will we … Will we find (???) for? (I swear I hear “die for” xD)
A: That’s a RAFO

3.08 (puppies/plushies? We thought about it, but it’s so hard to do)

Q: Will we see the second part of Warbreaker?

A: Some day. I can’t promise when, it will be a side project, but it will happen.

3.24 – question about favourite character, admitted it’s probably Dalinar

Q: Will we see Lift in Oathbringer?

A: You’ll see some of her but little glimpses, we’ll see more of her from book 6 onwards but a little in Oathbringer and it’s a riot, very fun.

Q: Is it possible to bring Adonalsium together and is it the reason the IRE was on Scadrial?

A: RAFO. There are people who think it is possible and people who think it is impossible. It’s one of the big questions of the series.

After-event Q&A

Q: You told me when we were interviewing you on Friday, you told us to tell the 17th Shard how the Cosmere ends…

A: And I totally did, right. The answer is it ends well (more discussion and general laughter about Oversleep breaking our minds followed).

Q: Does the titles of the five books from the first archive, do they create a ketek?

A: No. I actually considered it but it’s just too confusing so I actually tossed that out before I even started the first book. But I did consider it. It just was too confusing.

---

Q: Is gravity a physical aspect of your spiritual bond connecting objects to the planet?

A: Gravity, like all laws of physics in the cosmere, works like it does here with an additional aspect in that mass and energy can become investiture. So while you are Connected to the planet gravity is not a manifestation of that. Investiture can override it because energy, mass investiture are all the same thing.

Q: So can Connectors alter it, store it?

A: RAFO. I’m going to RAFO everything like that.

Q: Did Hoid use the bead of lerasium to rewrite his spiritual DNA in a way to give him something other than allomantic powers?

A: His goal was to become an allomancer.

Q: Yeah and did he use it to create other powers?

A: It could not give powers other than allomancy.

Q: Because it’s lerasium?

A: Yes.

Q: So he did burn it and become a Mistborn?

A: Well you have seen him use allomancy…

Q: It’s creating a lot of confusion.

A: You have actually seen him use allomancy.

[Important discussion about Brandon donating his brain to the science]

Q: Can spren be pierced by hemalurgic spikes? Will it give some effect?

A: Yes. A spren can be pierced by invested metal…

Q: Could it be spiked?

A: Could a spike be used to give abilities to spren? That’s not going to work really well.

Q: Could you steal from a spren?

A: Yes you could steal the investiture of a spren. Any investiture can be used in a spike if you know what you’re doing. It’s actually not that hard to use one on a spren.

Q: Because I thought you said hemalurgy needs moving blood.

A: It needs, uh, yeah…there are places where spren have more physical form, more tangible form.

Q: The Cognitive Realm?

A: Yeah if you go to the Cognitive Realm on Roshar the spren act differently.

Q: So you could spike in the cognitive realm?

A: Yeah I’ll leave a RAFO with you on that. That’s your fifth one. So there are ways to get any investiture into hemalurgy if you know what you’re doing. But yeah this is not something that would be a common use for hemalurgy. Let’s just say that.

Q: We do not concern ourselves with common uses.

A: Yeah I know you don’t. But yeah hemalurgy, when you’re spiking into somebody you…you’ll see when we get around to it.

Q: I know it’s a RAFO but, are the Ones Above Scadrials?

A: RAFO

Q: I just wanted to make sure.

Q: Would someone with enough knowledge be able to use Autonomy’s investiture if Taldain’s star could be seen from his world?

A: Ok so I’m on a world and I see Taldain’s star, are you asking if someone could use the investiture? Oh ok I see. Yeah yeah yeah yeah. That’s good! You stumped me. I haven’t gotten that question before. I would say yes, if the light particles are reaching you. I mean technically you could use the light from one of those stars to power a solar sail so…

Q: Could a feruchemist hide from life sense

by storing and which metals?

A: So lifesense on Nalthis, someone storing, what was it, investiture? Could they hide from Lifesense? Um, yeah that would work.

Q: And which metals would they need to store, investiture, connection…

A: That would probably be investiture, that’s theoretically plausible, hiding your entire sense, a little bit easier with a copper cloud, which is how you would normally go about it,[e] but you could make your investiture vanish to the point that…yeah I think that’s theoretically possible.

Q: So life sense works on Connection?

A: Life sense works by sensing…life, so it’s not necessarily just Connection because you can go off-world from Nalthis and still sense the life to which you are not Connected.

[a]46:05

@swieczq:

Seems like I misclicked and deleted your comment by accident (sorry for that)

I think you're totally right about your interpretation.NO THANKSUSE THE APP

-mr42

[c]Scratching my head here. IIRC Brandon has already spoken of Sovereign as Kelsier.

[d]Starts with "If Vasher is Zahel, in Stormlight Archives"

[e]FIRST TIME CONFIRMATION ABOUT COPPERCLOUDS WITH OTHER MAGIC SYSTEMS?!

~Oversleep

Edited by Extesian
formatting problems...

Q: If I spoke the words (unclear, probably asked if he would bond with a spren)
A: If you spoke the words it would depend on the spren to choose, but I think so!
Q: Can I try?
*Anna Studniarek giggles*
A: Sure, go for it!
Q: Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination
[AS]: *still giggles* So just waiting for the spren to appear.
BS: *100% serious* Words are accepted

Isn't Brandon the best? 

@Extesian I think that you need to split your spoiler content into multiples spoilers. Everything does not seem to fit in it confusingly enough.

After a while the text just continues under the next post for me.