Ask aeromancer Anything

aeromancer

I've got opinions. Not that I'm spouting anything profound, but I seem to have an inability to stop talking about them. Odds are you've arrived at this page from two different locations. The first is that you've reached here from the 'Ask Me Anything' page. In that case, feel free to ask me anything, which I will answer, but not necessarily in the way you want you me to. The second is that you've gotten here by clicking the link in my signature. In that case, feel free to ask me anything, but I will answer in a way which is definitely not the way you want me to. Unless you like long arguments that occasionally reference Godel's Incompleteness Theorem. In that case, you'll probably want to ask me questions. Please do.

2 minutes ago, A Budgie said:

If I have an apple, and you have half an elephant, how many pancakes will fit on the ceiling?

what sort of question is that budgie!?

Didn't your mother tell you that the amount of pancakes that fit on the ceiling is f = M^2 * πr^2 of N

Where f is the amount of pancakes M is the area of the ceiling and N is a pancake (It's very late, and my head hurts, so if I made any mistakes in the formula, ignore it)

6 hours ago, A Budgie said:

If I have an apple, and you have half an elephant, how many pancakes will fit on the ceiling?

You are asking a question based on a hypothetical situation. Unfortunately, I cannot see how the hypothetical situation would factor into any calculation based on either pancakes or ceilings and you have also neglected to tell me the ceiling in question, or the size of the pancake in question. I still promised to answer the question though. Let's think.

The Sistine Chapel ceiling is approximately 5371 square feet. I like large circular pancakes, with a diameter of around eight inches, or an area of .35 square feet. Allowing us to cut up pancakes to fit as many possible, and assuming we get permission to rotate the Sistine Chapel to place the pancakes there, stick them in place with maple syrup, and rotate it back, I would answer approximately 15345 pancakes.

5 hours ago, aeromancer said:

You are asking a question based on a hypothetical situation. Unfortunately, I cannot see how the hypothetical situation would factor into any calculation based on either pancakes or ceilings and you have also neglected to tell me the ceiling in question, or the size of the pancake in question. I still promised to answer the question though. Let's think.

The Sistine Chapel ceiling is approximately 5371 square feet. I like large circular pancakes, with a diameter of around eight inches, or an area of .35 square feet. Allowing us to cut up pancakes to fit as many possible, and assuming we get permission to rotate the Sistine Chapel to place the pancakes there, stick them in place with maple syrup, and rotate it back, I would answer approximately 15345 pancakes.

Well, you're boring. I usually get told 'purple, because aliens don't wear hats' or something similar.

12 minutes ago, Extesian said:

Are you a magician of the air? Or a magician of planes? 

Excellent question, though the answer, I'm afraid, is neither. Although the '-mancer' suffix in modern jargon usually reference a magic user of some sort, the roots of the suffix are actually steeped in the specific art of divination. An aeromancer would be someone who uses the wind to tell the future, and not someone who manipulates the wind (though I do that by breathing). I do not use the wind specifically to tell the future, but I do use something borne upon it. Specifically, the flapping of a butterfly's wings.

I'm usually not this philosophical or detailed  when it comes to names, but I suppose this website drew it our of me.

5 minutes ago, aeromancer said:

Excellent question, though the answer, I'm afraid, is neither. Although the '-mancer' suffix in modern jargon usually reference a magic user of some sort, the roots of the suffix are actually steeped in the specific art of divination. An aeromancer would be someone who uses the wind to tell the future, and not someone who manipulates the wind (though I do that by breathing). I do not use the wind specifically to tell the future, but I do use something borne upon it. Specifically, the flapping of a butterfly's wings.

I'm usually not this philosophical or detailed  when it comes to names, but I suppose this website drew it our of me.

Excellent answer. I was hoping you may know the Name of the Wind, but a lesson in etymology from a chaos theoretician will do quite nicely :)