Mistborn VR - allomancy training

GoodM

8 hours ago, GoodM said:

Does anyone knows how it looks like if I will just change the name and didn't use any names of images related to books

I'm not entirely sure about how it would be perceived, but I can't say I'd recomend it. As far as I know, it would be permissible to release it as a nonprofit project and make a notice screen that informs anyone who uses it that the rights go to DMG and Brandon Sanderson, but you may want to check what type of copyright liscense it was filed under and make sure.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Since this got resurrected, I'll chime in with a new view on the locomotion:

@GoodM You've probably seen or actually played Lone Echo/Echo Arena and experienced their locomotion systems. I think something could be used inside Mistborn to great effect and align with the lore of Steel/Iron while avoiding nausea. If you use their mechanic of push/pull and have Steel/Iron take the place of the thrusters, you could mimic their movement and justify it by "throwing coins" when a player pushes a direction. Similarly, being able to "grab" a blue line and pull yourself along with with Iron gives you more utilization and movement options.
Their locomotion is an excellent system, and gives a lot of insight as to what causes nausea and how to avoid it. The fact that Mistborn has in-canon justifications for midair pushing and pulling gives you some options to explore in implementation.

Good luck with real life and work! Looking forward to seeing any and all progress you're willing to commit to this! 

Sidenote: If it's built in Unity it can be run as a standalone on either Oculus or Vive, it just depends if the dev implements control schemes for both setups or if you have to run it through a middle-man like reVive or FakeVive.

Edited by Zmann966

Looking awesome so far. It would be nice to chose characters at the start; Nobles, Skaa, Kandra (unlocked later), etc. I feel like a big game company could make a huge profit off a game like this, and with VR the possibilities are endless! 

•It would be interesting to see what Brandon thinks of your project.

•Would also be interesting for players to be only mistings and not full mistborn with some being more rare than others. (Although I like the idea of playing as mistborn better)

For example:

•Copper/bronze: NPC characters.

•Steel/Iron: 5% chance For each metal.

Tin/Pewter: 10% chance for each metal.

•Zinc/Brass: 10% chance each

•Bendalloy: 5% chance

•Cadmium: 15% Chance

•Chromium/Nicrosil:10% each

•Gold/atium 5% chance each

The other metals are useless. I think it's better to use a full mistborn property, but in the wax and Wayne era this would be perfect especially including twin born.

• Chaos locked this topic