Use of Adhesion

Ciridae

I was thinking about possible uses for Adhesion other than sticking things together. Others have pointed out that since Adhesion is the surge of atmospheric pressure, it may be the reason why we see a force wave when Kal speaks new oaths, that throws people close to him around. I agree with the theory that that's an accidental use of Adhesion on Kal's part and that there is definitely more to Adhesion than meets the eye. I was thinking that if Adhesion works in the way that we see the pressure waves, it could be a wonderful way to make falling-flying a lot more maneuverable. Think of Kal creating small bursts of pressure from his hands and feet, kind of like the Ironman suits. I could see a Windrunner making himself weightless and then using little bursts of pressure to maneuver and get around in tight spaces. It would complement the Gravitation surge perfectly. My knowledge of physics is limited, I have no idea if 'bursts of pressure' can really work like that, it's just an idea I wanted to put out there. What do you guys think?

Unrelated to Ironman-flying, cool WoB on the use of Windrunner's abilities:

Q: “If [a Windrunner had] enough heating fabrials and enough Stormlight, how high up could [he] go?”

A: “He could theoretically break orbit if he has Stormlight for air, and he could manipulate gravity. They have actually figured how long it would take to make it to the various moons.”

48 minutes ago, Ciridae said:

Q: “If [a Windrunner had] enough heating fabrials and enough Stormlight, how high up could [he] go?”

A: “He could theoretically break orbit if he has Stormlight for air, and he could manipulate gravity. They have actually figured how long it would take to make it to the various moons.”

Since we're talking about atmospheric pressure, theoretically one can induce changes in weather. Since two KR orders who possess the same surge may or may not employ the surge in the same capacity, I think that this is a more likely manifestation of a Bondsmith's power. Of course, this is pure speculation in my part.

As for the Iron Man thing - I agree. In fact, maybe Kaladin's flight abilities is still incomplete and he'll be able to more things like this later on.

On a side note, the fact that Windrunners can actually break orbit and manipulate gravity is shocking.

Is the "they" in the quote "team Sanderson" or "historic Windrunners" I wonder... I like that Adhesion gives Windrunners much more maneuverability in the skies... makes their claim to own the Sky's much more concrete... otherwise Skybreakers would be just as good as them in the air, which would be silly. 

• Chaos locked this topic