Dysian Amian sightings

Fezzik

We have this WOB: http://www.theoryland.com/intvmain.php?i=1182 question number 40 that the cremling that appears in WoR epilogue is actually part of a Dysian Amian. In WoK, while Kaladin was a slave, (page 85 paperback) "he'd never seen a legger with such a deep purple carapace". By this point, he definitely is bonding with Sylphrena, so could this be the beginning of Amian monitoring, and are there any other possible Dysian sightings out there?

7 minutes ago, john203 said:

We have this WOB: http://www.theoryland.com/intvmain.php?i=1182 question number 40 that the cremling that appears in WoR epilogue is actually part of a Dysian Amian. In WoK, while Kaladin was a slave, (page 85 paperback) "he'd never seen a legger with such a deep purple carapace". By this point, he definitely is bonding with Sylphrena, so could this be the beginning of Amian monitoring, and are there any other possible Dysian sightings out there?

Every Cremling is guilty until proven innocent.

3 hours ago, Jondesu said:

Didn't Shallan's brother spend time pulling legs off of cremlings?  I imagine there might be a Sleepless out there who's very annoyed with him.

Actually, it could be true - some Dysian could have wanted to keep tabs on the liar's family... (Shallan is one of the "four whom they watch" after all)

1 hour ago, Jondesu said:

Yup, it wasn't entirely a joke.

I'd thought about this during the previous discussions on Aimian sightings but it seemed unlikely. Dysian Aimian cremlings are controlled by the Dysian (or hive mind, however you define it). Why would they let themselves be tortured by a child? But I do wonder if he has some connection to the cognitive realm or similar that makes him paranoid about cremlings because he's been watched, and he takes it out on all cremlings (which is the Rosharan term for any kind of small bug/creepy thing). So other cremlings are suffering collective retribution for his justified paranoia about whether cremlings are watching him.

I suspect he was just a sick kid with a sadism problem though.

Edited by Extesian

Yeah, I don't think Balat was even unconsciously worried about Dysians spying on him, his POV in Way of Kings makes it pretty clear he's as screwed up as the rest of the family and injuring small creatures that can't fight back is how he expresses it. He's also mentioned as enjoying watching axehound fights since at least Shallan's Middlefest flashback and one of the other brothers mentions that Balat is becoming more like their father every day. So I don't think his cruelty is meant to be significant in the same way that Hoid's quip about having nobody to talk to (to a Dysian hordeling) is significant.

• 2 weeks later...

Could the Dysian Aimians be the ancient enemies of the Horneaters?  Didn't Rock refuse to fight because being a Soldier was less esteemed than his position in the family?  Hes birth-order placed him as a Chef, far more important than a soldier.

Because Chef's keep people fed, and are the bane of the Dysian Aimians.

• Chaos locked this topic