Hemalurgy Human Strength

Gizmosowner

I was just wondering if getting spiked with human strength would increase muscle mass? For not then if you had the proper knowledge then you could just gather up a bunch of buff steroid using gym rats and spike them for their strength and if possible with knowledge of hemalurgy stay in human form while at the same time becoming more powerful then a koloss.  If someone were to do this then they would probably also get a steel spike for A pewter to become even more unstoppable. And since they would be incredibly strong they could just wear heavy stone armor to make them impenetrable to coin shots and lurchers. Their only weakness would be emotional allomancy and Harmony but they could counteract Harmony with a Trell spike and emotional allomancy by copying the Kandra's use of zinc for mental fortitude. I don't know much about hemalurgy so I'm not sure if it's possible but if it is then it would be over powered.

1 hour ago, Gizmosowner said:

I was just wondering if getting spiked with human strength would increase muscle mass? For not then if you had the proper knowledge then you could just gather up a bunch of buff steroid using gym rats and spike them for their strength and if possible with knowledge of hemalurgy stay in human form while at the same time becoming more powerful then a koloss.  If someone were to do this then they would probably also get a steel spike for A pewter to become even more unstoppable. And since they would be incredibly strong they could just wear heavy stone armor to make them impenetrable to coin shots and lurchers. Their only weakness would be emotional allomancy and Harmony but they could counteract Harmony with a Trell spike and emotional allomancy by copying the Kandra's use of zinc for mental fortitude. I don't know much about hemalurgy so I'm not sure if it's possible but if it is then it would be over powered.

We know that 4 human strength spikes, properly placed, can turn any human into a koloss (which involves the runaway increase of muscle mass so there you go).  The question then becomes whether or not it is indeed possible to place spikes such that the strength is passed on, but the physical mutation doesn't take place.  Given Ruin's proclivity for destroying things, I am inclined to think not.  Leaving that aside, your proposed chimera has upwards of 4 "human strength" spikes (to surpass the koloss), one "Allomantic pewter" spike, one "trellium" spike and two "Blessing of Presence" spikes for a minimum of 8 spikes.  Compare with kandra, who need two spikes to be susceptible to Ruin's control, and Steel Inquisitors, who were outright puppets of Ruin at 9-11 spikes. (Also, "Counteracting" Harmony was just a matter of hiding from him, which appears to be inherent to trellium.  Note how Paalm was eventually subdued)

Edited by Landis963
Stability would not work as proposed

It's not clear to me what less than 4 human strength spikes would do.

Would you be partway to a koloss, getting the increased strength, decreased intelligence, blue loose skin, and continuing growth/short lifespan but in a lesser degree?

Or would 1 to 3 spikes just grant strength (probably including muscle mass) and the specific koloss alterations only happen at 4 spikes, at which point you become a "hemalurgic construct" rather than a human with spikes? The whole hemalurgic construct thing is still somewhat mysterious.

On 3/3/2017 at 3:14 AM, cometaryorbit said:

It's not clear to me what less than 4 human strength spikes would do.

Would you be partway to a koloss, getting the increased strength, decreased intelligence, blue loose skin, and continuing growth/short lifespan but in a lesser degree?

Or would 1 to 3 spikes just grant strength (probably including muscle mass) and the specific koloss alterations only happen at 4 spikes, at which point you become a "hemalurgic construct" rather than a human with spikes? The whole hemalurgic construct thing is still somewhat mysterious.

I suspect that turning someone into a koloss is more complex than simply giving them four human strength spikes.  Like with the creation of a Hemalurgic spike in the first place, I would assume there is a Cognitive aspect to it: you need to have the Intent of creating a koloss (or whatever other Hemalurgic construct applies, like an Inquisitor).  Putting four strength spikes in a human without that intent would just give them the strength of a little less than 5 people (depending on the power loss), but wouldn't turn them into a koloss, but you might be able to make a different type of construct with fewer spikes if you had the right intent.  Kandra only have two spikes, after all, though they start out as mistwraiths, which were specifically designed for that by The Lord Ruler, so that doesn't necessarily mean a human could be made into any type of Hemalurgic construct with only two spikes.

I always assumed that to make a koloss you would need the 4 spikes to be placed in specific points in he body. Also you would need the intent to make one as well. If you had a bunch of strength spikes put into your arm I doubt it would make you a koloss due to the fact that they need to be in different bind points.

• Chaos locked this topic