Knights Radiant not extinct?

Brodie

Hi all, first time poster, long time skulker,

I'm re-listening to the audio books again in preparation for the awesomness coming in November and I noticed something in one of the visions Big Dal was having, when he see the KR give up their oaths.

I cant quote the actual lines (audiobook) but in that vision it only says there are wind-runners and one other order cant remember what it was. (hundreds and hundreds of them just dropped there shard plate and shard blades and left coincidentally that is around the same amount of shard blades in circulation.)  Also Syl said that most of the honour spren were dead didn't she? So could all the shard blades conceivably be these dead honour spren? And what about the other orders of KR? Did they also give up there oaths? I am thinking maybe Honour being dead is not only due to Odium but also his KR specifically the most "honourable" orders giving up there oaths killing there spren and making all the current shardblades/plates.  Just a theory I had. What are your thoughts?

Edited by Brodie

6 hours ago, Brodie said:

I am thinking maybe Honour being dead is not only due to Odium but also his KR specifically the most "honourable" orders giving up there oaths killing there spren and making all the current shardblades/plates.

Unfortunately for this idea, Brandon is fairly sure that Honor died after that vision, since he had "memory" of it to show Dalinar. Doesn't mean that some gradual weakening of their bonds/personal honor didn't affect him in some way, so it's still a good idea.

For future reference, it was Windrunners and Stonewards in the vision. There's been enough "maybe Taln's order didn't give up" theories for me to remember that

• Chaos locked this topic