Final Fantasy XIV

Wyrmhero

I started playing this game about a year ago on PC, and then stopped between April and Christmas until I started playing again with a friend or two. It's the MMO I've played for the longest time without a doubt other than maybe Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine. I've just done a bit of content with a player called 'Kaladin Kholin', so I wondered if they were on this forum or not.

But aside from this 'I Saw You'-style ad, what about everyone else? Does anyone else here play this MMO?

And if anyone does and plays on the Phoenix server (unlikely considering it is an EU server), let me know!

It's not free-to-play (Costs £7.50 a month, but there is a free month's trial available), but it is cross-platform with PC and PS4. Also PS3, but they are discontinuing service on there due to the age of the technology.

Personally, I've played a few and I'm never really sure about F2P MMOs. They have a disappointing trend of going downhill, as they almost often start incorporating pay-to-win elements in their shop rather than cosmetics. The only one I have played which has managed to avoid this entirely is Path of Exile, which is another really good MMO that knows what it's doing.

• 2 weeks later...