Question about the Evil

scyron

Question

Looking at old theories, I found this

The people on Threnody talk about how "the evil" fell from the sky and destroyed "homeland."

from last year. I was wondering if there is a quote from a book, WoB, or other source for this. I couldn't find anything else about the Evil falling from the sky, and I wasn't sure if it a real thing or not, so figured I'd ask you guys.

Thanks!

6 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

I assumed they mean The One's Above from First of the Sun.

The One's Above are far in the future from Shadow of Silence if Forests of Hell's time and the Evil struck something like 50-100 years before the book (three-four generations)

7 hours ago, Yata said:

The One's Above are far in the future from Shadow of Silence if Forests of Hell's time and the Evil struck something like 50-100 years before the book (three-four generations)

so? It's stated that  they have been to many planets, and their space travel is pretty advanced already.

2 hours ago, Windrunner said:

I've read Shadows for Silence several different times and actually wrote the article for the Evil on the Coppermind. As far as I am aware, there is no mention that the Evil came from the sky in the story itself or in any interview questions.

Ok, thanks for the info!