• Announcements

• Chaos

Oathbringer Spoiler Policy   11/13/2017

Oathbringer is out! Let's make our policy on spoilers clear! 1. You must preface topics with Oathbringer spoilers with the prefix [OB] in the front 2. You are only allowed to post spoilers and spoiler topics in the Oathbringer Spoiler Board, Cosmere Theories, and some select work-related forums. 3. For posts in the Oathbringer Spoiler Board you do not need to use spoiler tags inside a topic marked [OB]. For Cosmere Theories, you also do not need to put spoiler tags inside your topic if the topic has [OB] in the title. However, for Cosmere Theories, if you are adding Oathbringer stuff to an old theory without the [OB] tag, those must go in spoiler tags and you must make it obvious outside the spoiler tag that the spoiler is regarding Oathbringer content. 4. For select things that do require talking about OB spoilers, in Events, Coppermind, and Arcanum forums, those are allowed but keep OB spoilers in spoiler tags 5. Avoid and minimize spoilers in topic titles--even though those two boards will not appear in the Recent Topics ticker, topic titles still appear in Recent Activity and the forum home.  6. You aren't allowed to post Oathbringer spoilers in places other than listed, even with spoiler tags.  It will be nine months and then the Oathbringer board will be re-merged with the Stormlight board and you will not need to tag these spoilers. If you'd like to move something in the Stormlight Archive board to the Oathbringer board, to update it with new Oathbringer information, Report the post and we will happily move it to the Oathbringer spoiler board. Part-by-part Reactions Though the Oathbringer Spoiler Board will be very spoilery, very fast (maybe don't come there until you've read the book, as people do have copies that bookstores sold early), you'll have these five topics for reactions if you want to nerd out: Part 1 Reactions
      Part 2 Reactions
      Part 3 Reactions
      Part 4 Reactions
      Full Book Reactions For parts 1-4, they will not include the interludes immediately following it. On Discord All Oathbringer spoilers on Discord will be exclusively in the #oathbringer_spoilers channel for the nine month spoiler period and nowhere else.

4 posts in this topic

Last night, there was a breach discovered in a large number of sites including Cloudflare. Some major sites, such as Discord, Uber, and Yelp use Cloudflare. In total, there were up to about 4.5 million domains that could have been affected. Luckily, it appears that Google discovered the leak and informed Cloudflare before the hackers discovered the bug, so the number of sites actually affected seem to be minimal. To search for potentially affected sites, you can go to this website and search up any sites that were potentially affected. It's been recommended that you change your passwords on all the Cloudflare based domains you can think of/remember, just to be safe instead of sorry, as there are a residual number of password folders, etc., that have been residually been left on search browsers such as Google and Bing as a result of this leak.

Note: The Shard does use Cloudflare, but I got confirmation from the admins, who got confirmation from Cloudflare, that the Shard was not affected by this leak.

P.S. For those who don't really understand what Cloudflare is, or want to know more about the Cloudbleed leak, this provides a relatively good explanation. Or, for the more technically minded, you can read Cloudflare's official statement.

4 hours ago, The Young Bard said:

Note: The Shard does use Cloudflare, but I got confirmation from the admins, who got confirmation from Cloudflare, that the Shard was not affected by this leak.

I was wondering about that when I first heard of this leak. Good to know :)

I should have made this post when I told everyone on discord *facepalm*

didn't realise the Shard was Cloudfare-based

That is correct, 17S does use Cloudflare but was not affected. Rest assured Cloudflare has been top notch in notifying and if something did go awry I'd be very clear, even sending out mass emails, to notify users of something going wrong.