Hello everyone 

So for those of you who read Warbreaker, you know who Vivenna is.

We know that Vasher and Nightblood are on Roshar, so I think that if she's not dead Vivenna might be there too. I don't have any of the Stormlight books with me on vacations so I can't search but does anyone have an idea of where she is. It's possible she's changed her appearence (it was mentionned at the end of Warbreaker that she could do this) but if there's two minor characters with nearly the same description except for their hair than we can suppose it's her and that she has changed her appearence.

Thank you for your answers.

10 minutes ago, Elendtheking said:

Hello everyone 

So for those of you who read Warbreaker, you know who Vivenna is.

We know that Vasher and Nightblood are on Roshar, so I think that if she's not dead Vivenna might be there too. I don't have any of the Stormlight books with me on vacations so I can't search but does anyone have an idea of where she is. It's possible she's changed her appearence (it was mentionned at the end of Warbreaker that she could do this) but if there's two minor characters with nearly the same description except for their hair than we can suppose it's her and that she has changed her appearence.

Thank you for your answers.

Hm...  I would say that it was hinted that it was possible to change more than her hair, which I find to be very likely though. I'll do some searching, but if you can look and try to put up exact spots, that would be helpful. Now without any specific information, my guess would be that Vivenna is possibly on Roshar, but not there with Vasher. I think that something devastating is going to happen in Nightblood, resulting in more guilt on Vasher's mind. That's all I can think of right now.

From the AU tour on November 30th:

Question

What happened to Vivenna?

Brandon Sanderson

This will be answered very soon.

We're not getting Nightblood (the sequel) anytime soon. We're not getting The Lost Metal anytime particularly soon, and there's no reason to think she would be on Scadrial.

I'm feeling pretty confident that we'll see her in Oathbringer. Might just be a brief cameo. Might be hard to spot. But I think that's definitely where we'll find her.

Or remembers her dying during the events of Nightblood, her dying of old age at some point between then and the present however long that's been...

But there are mechanisms by which she could still be around so maybe she'll appear. Or maybe she'll still be alive (whether on Nalthis or as a worldhopper) and Vasher will wonder what she's up to but we won't see her. Whatever the case may be, I'm expecting a hint of what happens in the Warbreaker sequel.

14 hours ago, jofwu said:

2 hours ago, grasshoppa said:

I'd love to know what Vasher is doing there, that'd go a long way in suggesting where we might find Vivenna 

Firstly I have a jofwu quote box I can't get rid of, sorry :)

Secondly, unfortunately we know why Vasher is on Roshar, and it's for a reason that doesn't apply to her.

BRANDON SANDERSON

The "how-did-Vasher-get-to-Roshar" thing will be explained. For now, we know that Vasher got tired of "sucking souls" and, through previous study with a group of scholars, knew how easy it was to get Investiture on Roshar (same way he knew what a Shardblade was so he could try to replicate it (and we all know how that turned out: Nightblood)). With this same group of scholars, he figured out how to get into the Cognitive realm.

Mauve vivenna is there for other reasons, or just to make use of Stormlight somehow. But it's not for the reason a Returned goes there, which is to avoid having to take someone's Breath each week or 'waste' his own.

26 minutes ago, dantlee said:

Personally, and I have no evidence for this other than Vasher's advice to Kaladin in WoR ("do what helps you sleep at night, that's what I wish I'd done"), but I think she's dead, perhaps at his own hand. I'd love to be proven wrong, though. 

I think this reffered to the manywars on Nalthis

On 2/16/2017 at 1:17 PM, jofwu said:

From the AU tour on November 30th:

We're not getting Nightblood (the sequel) anytime soon. We're not getting The Lost Metal anytime particularly soon, and there's no reason to think she would be on Scadrial.

I'm feeling pretty confident that we'll see her in Oathbringer. Might just be a brief cameo. Might be hard to spot. But I think that's definitely where we'll find her.

Maybe Vasher will simply mention her... She doesn't need to be physically present for us to learn about her fate. Maybe he'll talk to Kaladin, about woman and he'll mention this one special woman... There are several ways for us to find out without her needing to have a definite role.

On 2/17/2017 at 0:35 AM, Extesian said:

Secondly, unfortunately we know why Vasher is on Roshar, and it's for a reason that doesn't apply to her.

Oh, right, I had read that and forgotten about it.  

Now that I think about it, I doubt we'll get word of her in TSA; if I recall correctly, there was to be a sequal to Warbreaker, so I'd guess revealing anything of her fate would ruin it in that.

2 hours ago, DocHoliday said:

Ehhh. That answer could be interpreted as "yes, after Warbreaker, but BEFORE SA."

Events in the "past" makes wording these questions tricky.

Regardless if they actually hooked up or not It's Just a personal opinion of her whereabouts. I'd like to think of her venturing into the Cosmere or at least to Roshar as there seems to be a little back and forth between Roshar and Nalthis.

Im hoping Nightblood gets chatty so we can find out what happened to her... Maybe she's Rushu incognito haha

8 hours ago, Rob Lucci said:

The hunch I have is that Vivenna is dead. This is what I can assume from Vasher's guilt. That sparked Vasher to get out of Nalthis and hide himself on Roshar.

Vasher already bears the sins of living for centuries, not to mention his role in the ManyWar. He already has plenty on his conscious.

No, I don't think he would talk in that manner at this point in the timeline. People get over many things, especially over time - how he said his line of "what keeps you able to sleep at night" suggests to me that it is something more recent and more personal. He never said anything like that in Warbreaker.

4 hours ago, DocHoliday said:

Vasher already bears the sins of living for centuries, not to mention his role in the ManyWar. He already has plenty on his conscious.

I agree. His past would take a heavy toll, i'd say that's why he's on Roshar taking a hiatus with easy Investiture access. 

29 minutes ago, Rob Lucci said:

No, I don't think he would talk in that manner at this point in the timeline. People get over many things, especially over time - how he said his line of "what keeps you able to sleep at night" suggests to me that it is something more recent and more personal. He never said anything like that in Warbreaker.

To me personally that quote he gives when speaking to Kal, speaks from long experience of guilt and regret, Vasher was focused in Warbreaker he had a clear job to do but it was clear he was riddled with self-loathing even then, it would be hard not to be with his track record. 

• 6 months later...

Could it be possible that Vivenna is on Roshar and is the stablemaster? I like her; I  believe she's still alive. If she's the stablemaster, she'd be close to Vasher. Plus the physical description of the stablemaster didn't rule her out as a possibility. Maybe her and Vasher both found ways in which they could be incorporated into Dalinar's camp. It's a theory I've got, and I would love to hear other opinions on it.

Edited by HoidIsMyHomeboy
Grammar

On 2/17/2017 at 8:08 PM, Spoolofwhool said:

Maybe Nightblood will talk about her. "Szeth, there was another. She was nice. She only went away the other day I think. Gave me to Nale and went away. I wonder if she went looking for Talaxin." 

Yes that would be interesting indeed. "She was friends with VaraTreledees  and Yesteel. She helped me destroy evil."

5 hours ago, HoidIsMyHomeboy said:

Could it be possible that Vivenna is on Roshar and is the stablemaster? I like her; I  believe she's still alive. If she's the stablemaster, she'd be close to Vasher. Plus the physical description of the stablemaster didn't rule her out as a possibility. Maybe her and Vasher both found ways in which they could be incorporated into Dalinar's camp. It's a theory I've got, and I would love to hear other opinions on it.

If so, Vasher must hate Adolin!

• 1 month later...

My personal pet crazy theory: Shalash is Vivenna. Vivenna and Vasher were on roshar at the time of the heralds forming the oathpact. They were a part of a group of scholars again and vasher didn't want to join the oathpact so vivenna took his place and that is the decision which keeps him up at night. Fits because Shalash looks foreign to Baxyl (sp?) And she also carries a sidesword which seems similar to the one vasher gives to vivenna in warbreaker. 

I'm not well versed in the timelines of warbreaker/SA though nor do I know much of how the heralds were formed so go ahead and prove me wrong