Norse/Greek/Egyptian/etc. Thread

Zodiac

The windy city. Thorn was here by will of his father Loki. To gather Venti and other foreign monsters in preparation for ragnarok.  

Thorn sighed, looking around the city. It was truly a daunting task, especially when he was unable to use his magic. It was like running a marathon with both his legs sawed off. Well technically he was still capable of doing magic, but the end result would be disastrous

Loki had masked his presence from Ullr, but the dude was literally the god of hunting. Any extreme burst of magic on Thorn’s end would have the same effect as bleeding near a school of sharks. It would bring Ullr right on his heels.  

One really did not want Ullr on their heels.

Thorn’s phone buzzed, causing him to flinch. Their where very few people that Thorn had intrusted with that number-phones were dangerous- and there was definitely no one he wanted to deal with right now. Sighing, he reluctantly reached into his pocket and took out his phone. Then he snarled, causing the mortals around him to give with a wide berth. It was from Randolph Chase. Thorn had barely even reached the city, and Loki was already interfering.

You understand the gravity of the situation. Magnus has received the sword from the Draugr. This means that I will be free within the week, thanks in no small part to your sisters. I need that army now. Do not fail me.

Thorn stood there, feeling a mixture of shock and appal. So soon. Thorn was ineffectively trying to process what Loki’s freedom would mean for the world when a second message appeared on the screen.

Oh, and don’t worry about using your powers. I have temporarily distracted Ullr.

Thorn smiled for the first time in what felt like forever. Not being able to escape human form had been painful, to say the least. Thorn would do his duty, and think about how he would deal with Loki later. Perhaps control of the army would give him leverage.

He looked around. A male teenage wearing a blue t-shirt that had the letters SPQR was staring at him, but other than that he was ignored.Thorn disregarded the teenager-mortals had trouble seeing magic-then jumped about thirty feet off the ground.

In the air, he transformed into an eagle. His eyes grew sharper. Downbelow him, the teenager looked up him in shock. Thorn wondered he was one of the few whose eyes could pierce through the mist. Maybe he was a demigod.

It made little difference and Thorn quickly put the boy out of his mind. He began making his way toward Millennium Park.

Venti were literally devil-horses made of stormclouds, literally caos made incarnate. How hard could it be to convince them to join the war that would lay waste to the nine realms?

• 2 months later...

I don't know if you want to hear my story. It's dark, dreary, and gets really... aw, by all the gods, whatever. I may be the son of shadows. My dad is nothing but the god of shadows. But I don't feel dark, if that makes sense. Everyone just assumes that since Erebus is my father, I have to dark and gritty like, I dunno, the Gunslinger or somebody like that.

Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Garrett Park. I'm a demigod, the son of Erebus and Miranda Park, my mother. I have powers over the shadows, and, oh yeah, I live in South Chicago. Yup. My life was like any normal kid, you know, until my mom told me that I'm not entirely human. That was pretty cool until I found that shadows had a sort of attraction to me. Most people weren't able to notice, but they stayed away from me. I probably looked dangerous. Since I was five, my mom has let me carry a switchblade. I've been fine, but it's a miracle that I didn't stab myself.

Other than that, my life is okay, but even saying that is kind of a stretch. I go to school, I play baseball, and I volunteer at the animal shelter. You would think that they have an aversion to me, like children of Hades, but most animals are calm around me. It's nice. I do have a Cyclops friend though. His name's Ryan, which is pretty ordinary. As I said, life was good, until the demon lion eagle kidnapped my mom.

@Patricksinger (What's gonna happen?)

Spoiler

I'm planning on the whole city going into chaos because of ragnorock, as well as both Ullr and Loki showing up in the city at some point. As for individual stories, I think that's up to you. 

• 2 months later...

He was in Chicago. Despite having been in Tennessee, with missing posters for him in every third police station, and having almost no cash, Michael had made it to Chicago.

His dad had told him his mother had been the best liar of all time, good enough to convince rocks they were fire, and he'd told Michael that his mothers gift was in him too; apparently he hadn't been lying.

A good thing too, in michaels opinion. When strangers knock on your door and tell you to go with them to some camp or risk painful death by monterous beast that thirsted for your blood, you tend to not believe them; and when those monsters actually come to life and attack you? You usually run away.

He'd run from his father too, not wanting him to get hurt, but now he was in Chicago. What was he going to do now?

He sat on the curb of the road outside some tall skyscraper, he'd heard some passersby call it the 'Willis tower' and another person called it the 'sears tower'. It didn't matter to him. He just sat there wondering what he was going to do; he scanned the crowds of people walking along the sidewalks as he thought, watching for the look of someone who was lying or hiding something. He could always tell when someone was lying, yet another gift from his mother. Whoever she had been.

[Hope this thread isn't dead. Hope this post revives it. Anyone still want to play with me? (0w0')]

On 5/11/2017 at 9:35 AM, Zodiac said:
  Hide contents

I'm planning on the whole city going into chaos because of ragnorock, as well as both Ullr and Loki showing up in the city at some point. As for individual stories, I think that's up to you. 

Sorry for interrupting but it's Ragnarok. I'll be going.