A huge bunch of mistborn and cosmere metal questions

Fluffy

Question

Hi guys, I'm pretty new to this forum. while i started reading the books already some years back i just now started to go into the internet with my questions.

I'm not sure wheather my questions are stupid or already asked, so i'll just fire them away. 

1.  Does burning Copper protect the user from the feruchemical effect of duralumin ? I think not, but i wanted to be sure.
2. In an earlier Q&A Brandon said, that the storingspeed is limited. Can an Duralumin Feruchemist lower the awareness of other people so much, that he can sneak easily past them (is this even a part of duralumin)? 
3. Someone who stores connection in an duralumin metalmind and burns it afterwards will release an extreme outburst of it. So does it multiply the power to an even more extreme extend compared to the other metal's or doesn't the allomantic effect of duralumin apply to burning metalmind's (sound's unlogical but somehow it stuck in my mind)
And does duralumin increase the stored energy in metalminds while burning or does it only multiply allomantie? 
4. Is there something like a compounder savant ? Like someone who burns often full bronze metalminds will become extremly wakefull, so that he's an more tired/wakefull person overall. Additionally, is burning an bronze metalmind for a long time as unhealthy for the body as being an pewter savant or not?
5. Another Question to Duralumin: the ars arcanum say's it stores connection. The complete description only talks of connection between humans, but does it also store the connection to the country ? Because there are some magic system's, which depend on connection to a certain landscape. (I think this was already answered as yes).
6. allomatically burning copper protects the smoker from emotional influence, and bronze makes the bronzeeye able to see the usage of magic. Does this only include other allomantic use or does it also include magic from other planets like roshar? Example: a lightweaver forms an illusion. I'm not sure weather he influences the brain of the victim or the reality, but would a bronzeeye see through it or a smoker be left uninfluenced? 
7. Question to the process of storing into an metalmind: Do you need to do the thing you are storing at the time you are storing it ? For example Speed-Metalminds: do you need to be in motion to store speed or are you also able to store it while sleeping ? Ok maybe i can answer this question for myself, because it simply increase the bodyability for oxidation. But for the example of storing wakefullness: is this able to be stored while sleeping ? If yes, could it lead to a koma-like stase ? 
8. in a previous q&a brandon said, that splintered shards can be "united" again. Does this also count for adonalsium ? Because he's splintered too and basicly he's just a huge shard.
9. Does burning Aluminum also erase metals the mistling can't use ?
10. nicrosil creates an extreme outburst of all metal's inside the user/person he touches. Does this also include feruchemical metalstorages. Also: do allomantic metals have to be in the stomach of the user? Miles was a gold compounder, but in the alloy of law it was never mentioned that he swallowed one of his metalminds, but it's unlogical that he doesn't use his best advantage.
11. every shard has a different personality. Does this personality comes from the first sliver of these shards or does the different shard represent the different charactristics of adonalsium?
12. can shards steal power from other shards or how comes that odium has more power than the others, when all shards startet equal.
13. does an tin compounder who burns an sight-metalmind gain an extreme sight-bonus and all other 4 senses "normally" enhanced or all extreme or all normal ? 
14. aluminum does decrese the effect of all magic systems respectivly of investiture. Odium is the "evil/anti" shard so is there possibly an connection ?

15. (Not really a question) what do you think of an nicrosilbendalloy-metalmind industry in the nowadays timeline of mistborn ? I mean it would drasticly increase the effecticness of food (if you burn a full one) and would solve the "beauty"standard-problem of our time. I could also imagine an Age-Industry, with the use of AtiumNicrosil-Metalminds. Even without the burning of them, the rich ones could, on cost of the poor ones, become immortal. Both timelines had a very kapitalistic society, so it would fit. 

Sorry for this extremly long post ^^". 

21 answers to this question

Hoo, boy, lots of good questions. You're making a nice splash! Most of the specifics of some of the more advanced Feruchemical applications, we don't know beyond what's presented in the books, since Brandon will readily RAFO to preserve future surprises. A couple I can answer:

4) Savantism is something we've seen happen to Allomancers, not to Feruchemists. But that's probably because Feruchemy normally draws from an internal source, so it's not enough to mess anything. At a larger scale, with a larger influx of Investiture, it seems possible to me. But Brandon did recently comment that he's rethinking how Savantism works, because he's worried it doesn't have as drastic consequences for someone like Wax, a Steel Savant.

5) Have you read Bands of Mourning? We see that very application of F.Duralumin in there, Connection to a country.

8) That is a theory that some in-universe subscribe to, but others disagree with. Brandon avoids answering this question for obvious reasons.

10) Allomancers can learn to burn piercings, or anything else in their bodies. I don't think A.Nicrosil will affect Feruchemy, since no metal is consumed and no power is drawn from an external source.

11) The Vessels do have their own personalities, but the Intent of the Shard will eventually overpower them. Ati was overpowered by Ruin, becoming a puppet for the Shard's Intent. Some Vessels, like Rayse, seem to fit very well with their Intent and may not be as affected.

12) Odium intentionally does not pick up other Shards, so as not to dilute his Intent. We have seen a large-scale combination of Shards, with Harmony. Many spren are mixtures of Honor and Cultivation to various degrees. Odium doesn't necessarily have more power than other Shards; he might have better techniques that allow him to kill other Shards, the other Shards might have Invested some of their power in planets and magic systems, or Odium may have had help taking on two Shards at a time (many people think Bavadin is an ally of his).

3. Compounding replaces the allomantic effect. 

7. You don't need to move while storing. You still possess a quantity of that attribute even if you aren't using it and that's what you're storing, not the actual action. Wakefulness is the only attribute which can be stored while sleeping.

9. I believe it can only destroy burnable metals.

13. The sense stored on the tinmind extremely amplified, nothing else.

14. Odium isn't evil/anti anything. Shards cannot hold those classification as they are essentially tools, although with a desire to be used in certain way. Just like how the shape of a broadsword makes one more prone to cutting things with it then using it as a fence post, so too does the shard influence its holder to use it in a  certain way. (Not exactly.) Odium influences the holder to hate others and act accordingly. This is not necessarily evil (Rayse just is a very bad match). In any case, aluminum nullifying investiture is likely due to its nature, not some creation by a shard. 

15. That would require there to be atium around, which I don't think is currently the case since Harmony removed the pits where it formed.

On 3/17/2017 at 2:20 AM, Yata said:

I don't understand the question, Can you expand It a bit?

I was considering highly Investitured people like Warbreaker's God King compared to Vin in Hero of Ages.  

The God King has 50,000+ Breath, but is still coporeal.  While Vin reached a "limit" and Ascended into a Shard.

Would a world hopper, have to be wary of collecting too many Investitures in their travels?

Woooow, thanks for your effort guys ^^ 

1 hour ago, Pagerunner said:

5) Have you read Bands of Mourning? We see that very application of F.Duralumin in there, Connection to a country.

well i have but it seems like i've missed something ^^" 

48 minutes ago, Spoolofwhool said:

3. Compounding replaces the allomantic effect. 

Oh okay i didn't know that. Where has this been said ? 

49 minutes ago, Spoolofwhool said:

13. The sense stored on the tinmind extremely amplified, nothing else.

Well you answered this basicly with your answer on 3. ^^ nice

51 minutes ago, Spoolofwhool said:

14. Odium isn't evil/anti anything. Shards cannot hold those classification as they are essentially tools, although with a desire to be used in certain way. Just like how the shape of a broadsword makes one more prone to cutting things with it then using it as a fence post, so too does the shard influence its holder to use it in a  certain way. (Not exactly.) Odium influences the holder to hate others and act accordingly. This is not necessarily evil (Rayse just is a very bad match). In any case, aluminum nullifying investiture is likely due to its nature, not some creation by a shard. 

Awesome metaphor.

52 minutes ago, Spoolofwhool said:

15. That would require there to be atium around, which I don't think is currently the case since Harmony removed the pits where it formed.

Hm i'm not so sure about this, and i've looked around in the forum and i often found the answer that they are possibly in the world, but sazed placed them somewhere unacessiable for humans (if he placed them at all). But if they are somewhere on the planet, the crystals are producing again (kelsir said something with 300 years, and i only got this idea because the alloy of law takes place about 300 years later). Either way it makes atium almost not usable. 

2 hours ago, Fluffy said:

6. allomatically burning copper protects the smoker from emotional influence, and bronze makes the bronzeeye able to see the usage of magic. Does this only include other allomantic use or does it also include magic from other planets like roshar? Example: a lightweaver forms an illusion. I'm not sure weather he influences the brain of the victim or the reality, but would a bronzeeye see through it or a smoker be left uninfluenced? 

I don't have a full answer to this, but we do know that Bronze can theoretically be used to detect other forms of investiture (source)  presumably copper could similarly protect from certain direct effects of external investiture as well, though I don't think we know that for sure.  though I think lightweaving is a bad example for the smoker.  lightweaving actually directly manipulates physical phenomena, so presumably the smoker would still see the illusion (though i suppose it is possible that an active smoker would make it more difficult to form the illusion in the first place.  probably worth asking Brandon about)

23 minutes ago, Fluffy said:

well i have but it seems like i've missed something ^^" 

Oh okay i didn't know that. Where has this been said ? 

Awesome metaphor.

Hm i'm not so sure about this, and i've looked around in the forum and i often found the answer that they are possibly in the world, but sazed placed them somewhere unacessiable for humans (if he placed them at all). But if they are somewhere on the planet, the crystals are producing again (kelsir said something with 300 years, and i only got this idea because the alloy of law takes place about 300 years later). Either way it makes atium almost not usable. 

The medallions which allowed the Southerners to talk in the Basin language used connection to the land.

I think it's a WoB. 

It was a simile.

There's a WoB that the Well and the Pits are no more.

2 hours ago, Fluffy said:

10. Also: do allomantic metals have to be in the stomach of the user?
11. every shard has a different personality. Does this personality comes from the first sliver of these shards or does the different shard represent the different charactristics of adonalsium?
12. can shards steal power from other shards or how comes that odium has more power than the others, when all shards startet equal.

6) While Brandon would probably RAFO a direct question on the subject, he has said that Allomantic Bronze could theoretically be used to detect other forms of Investiture so it's likely that its companion metal would provide some kind of protection against equivalent emotional manipulation from other systems and 'sensor' type abilities like the life-sense of someone with enough Breath. Just speculating though.

9) Brandon has implied that if you got really good at using Aluminum (which would be very difficult) it might theoretically be possible to cleanse 'other impurities' from the body, including other kinds of Investiture. If we can take at least this part of it at face value we hear an account of someone temporarily disabling a device powered by a non-Scadrian magic system with Chromium in the Nicki Savage story in the broadsheet in Bands of Mourning so we know that Aluminum and Chromium can have effects a bit more broad than just 'wipe allomantic metals'. That said I don't think he's ever said if you could use it to wipe unwanted non-Allomantic metals but I don't think you could, at least not without the aforementioned practice. He did say (I think in the annotations) that Vin had to force up the lead she swallowed in Well of Ascension to prevent it from poisoning her, which she presumably wouldn't have needed to do if she could just burn aluminum and wipe the metal directly.

10) They do not, they just have to be 'in' your body.

11) In a sense it's both. The Intent of a Shard comes from Adonalsium but how it's expressed is up to the Vessel. For example, the writer of the Letter in Words of Radiance refers to Rayse as 'bearing God's divine hatred'. We also have WoB that Ruin was the least-destructive application of that power that its Vessel could come up with (implying other expressions were possible) and that given Shards might have had their Intents expressed very differently if you changed who was holding them.

12) The relative power of the Shards can change as one Invests a particular world, making it weaker because its power has become bound up in the planet. This power could be reclaimed but it's not the kind of thing that can be done quickly; the alternative would be to leave without reclaiming that power but the Shard would then be sacrificing all that power. Odium's strength comes from some combination of the willingness to kill and splinter other Shards (something Preservation could never do, for example), avoiding heavily Investing into a world in order to maintain peak power relative to the others and perhaps simply knowing how to do it, since one possibility a character throws out for Ruin not shattering Preservation after being freed was 'Ati doesn't know how'. Also, it's possible that Rayse and Odium being so perfectly suited to one another makes some slight difference.

21 hours ago, Fluffy said:

1.  Does burning Copper protect the user from the feruchemical effect of duralumin ? I think not, but i wanted to be sure.

I don't think, Copper shield from Cognitive effects, while F-Durallumin is Spiritual in nature...But we have no official informations.

2. In an earlier Q&A Brandon said, that the storingspeed is limited. Can an Duralumin Feruchemist lower the awareness of other people so much, that he can sneak easily past them (is this even a part of duralumin)? 

I don't think you may do something like that...Connection didn't work in this way. I think you may just give Drab-like feel (if you read Warbreaker)

3. Someone who stores connection in an duralumin metalmind and burns it afterwards will release an extreme outburst of it. So does it multiply the power to an even more extreme extend compared to the other metal's or doesn't the allomantic effect of duralumin apply to burning metalmind's (sound's unlogical but somehow it stuck in my mind)
And does duralumin increase the stored energy in metalminds while burning or does it only multiply allomantie? 

When you compound...You gain only the Feruchemical effect of the metal, not the allomantic one. You may see it, in the Alloy of Law where a Compounder actually burn regular metal instead of his Metalmind and think about how months/years are passed from the last time he see is Allomancy at work.

4. Is there something like a compounder savant ? Like someone who burns often full bronze metalminds will become extremly wakefull, so that he's an more tired/wakefull person overall. Additionally, is burning an bronze metalmind for a long time as unhealthy for the body as being an pewter savant or not?

This is debated...As far as we know nothing like Savant exist in Feruchemy. Of course your body may adjust itself to be constantly exposed to weird amount of attributes but it's not like the savantilm where your actual Soul is twisted to gain "other effects from allomancy". Notice that this "body adjust" may happen without Compount. For example, an Iron Feruchemist who spent all his life at 70% of his weight. may develop less muscle because the body need less power to stay still. Same thing with a F-Gold, probably the immune system become lazy for the extra Health.

5. Another Question to Duralumin: the ars arcanum say's it stores connection. The complete description only talks of connection between humans, but does it also store the connection to the country ? Because there are some magic system's, which depend on connection to a certain landscape. (I think this was already answered as yes).

There are multiple kind of Connections... To beings, to place, to time, to gods.

The effects of Copper and Bronze extend beyond Scadrial's Magic systems. But for the hidden working of Investiture I can't honestly tell you what Magics are detectable or witch one you may halt with Copper.

7. Question to the process of storing into an metalmind: Do you need to do the thing you are storing at the time you are storing it ? For example Speed-Metalminds: do you need to be in motion to store speed or are you also able to store it while sleeping ? Ok maybe i can answer this question for myself, because it simply increase the bodyability for oxidation. But for the example of storing wakefullness: is this able to be stored while sleeping ? If yes, could it lead to a koma-like stase ? 

You don't need to performe any task to store an Attribute in metalmind. Of course the storing may lead to side effects. For example like you write, store wakefullness leads you into a coma-like status (without any kind of restoration). But you may store Speed while you are at bed, or store sight with your eye closed.

The inner Feruchemy's work is "you remove somthing from the body/mind/soul and your body/mind/soul needs to overcome this lost".

8. in a previous q&a brandon said, that splintered shards can be "united" again. Does this also count for adonalsium ? Because he's splintered too and basicly he's just a huge shard.

We don't know...We may assemble all the Shards, but the outcome may be or not be an Adonalsium-like being.

I think we have a WoB about an hypotetical Alluminium Savant would be able to purge his body to all the impurities. Notice that burning alluminium is usually a way to remove from the body the magical influeces that affect it.

10. nicrosil creates an extreme outburst of all metal's inside the user/person he touches. Does this also include feruchemical metalstorages. Also: do allomantic metals have to be in the stomach of the user? Miles was a gold compounder, but in the alloy of law it was never mentioned that he swallowed one of his metalminds, but it's unlogical that he doesn't use his best advantage.

I don't think Nicrosil affects Metalmind...but I can't actually find a reference to this.

The Metal have to be in the Allomancer's system. This mean piercing too may be burned (but it's hard to figure out the piercing as metal reserves.

Miles actually burned Metalminds all the time. Notice he may turn gold in his stomach in goldmind and be ready to burn there. He has almost all his external Goldmind full of Health and a way to generate new charge without the need to remove them, melt them and eat them.

As other said, the Shard's Intent is something NOW intrinsec in the Shard. We can't know if the Shard has them from the beginning or if the first Vessels influenced them.

Ati (Ruin's holder) was a kind man, but Ruin isn't evil...it's entropy. Ati may be a generous but pessimistic guy. Someone who saw potential in the change.
Short answer: we don't know.

Odium could pick up other Shards (or piece of their powers) but He didn't to not be affected by the Shards' Intents. So instead of improving his own power, He simply Splinter the other Shards. Notice also that Harmony is the explicit in-world prove of a Vessel who hold 2 Shards.

13. does an tin compounder who burns an sight-metalmind gain an extreme sight-bonus and all other 4 senses "normally" enhanced or all extreme or all normal ? 

The compounder gains only the Feruchemical effect (I think I answered this in a previous point).

14. aluminum does decrese the effect of all magic systems respectivly of investiture. Odium is the "evil/anti" shard so is there possibly an connection ?

I don't see the link...there are people who think Alluminium is the Adonalsium's metal (also if honestly to me it's a quite no sense theory), the relationship Alluminium-Odium is still more impossible.

15. (Not really a question) what do you think of an nicrosilbendalloy-metalmind industry in the nowadays timeline of mistborn ? I mean it would drasticly increase the effecticness of food (if you burn a full one) and would solve the "beauty"standard-problem of our time. I could also imagine an Age-Industry, with the use of AtiumNicrosil-Metalminds. Even without the burning of them, the rich ones could, on cost of the poor ones, become immortal. Both timelines had a very kapitalistic society, so it would fit. 

It may be possible but notice bendalloy is expensive and the Atium is no more avaliable

Edited by Yata

18 hours ago, Fluffy said:

4 hours ago, Yata said:

I don't think you may do something like that...Connection didn't work in this way. I think you may just give Drab-like feel (if you read Warbreaker)

1. No direct answer, but I think Emotional Allomancy(blocked by copper) is on a different wavelength than altering Connection. I vote no, but have no proof.
2. Yata: Alloy Ars Arcanum put down a reduced awareness effect, so at least in their understanding, it does work that way. Fluffy, I don't think they could reach a point of being unnoticeable by reducing connection though

As Spool said, compounding overwrites the Allomantic effect, so compounding Duralumin is no different than compounding Steel in the sense of this question.

4. Subject to debate. Being a Savant in Feruchemy on its own is impossible, because Savanthood has to do with adapting to the large amounts of Investiture flowing through you. Feruchemy has a much lower amount, since there is no external boost from Preservation like Allomancy. In proper compounding, you store the mass of boosted Feruchemical attribute to use later, at a normal/needed rate. So you cannot become a Compounder Savant through normal compounding either, as it's largely the same as normal Feruchemy.
4a. Feruchemy takes some steps to protect you from the effects of your investiture, ie: stronger bones to help with increased weight, resisting higher temperatures when tapping heat, etc.. so I imagine that Pewter Savant is definitely less healthy.
5. As Spool said, it is doable. Manipulating Connection in some way is also how Worldhoppers can speak mostly properly on other planets.

6. As several others have said, bronze can detect other magic systems, so it stands to reason that Copper could shield them from that detection, as that's how Copper works. But we do not have a list anywhere with what magics can/cannot be detected with Bronze, so it's a bit of a moot point.
7. Wakefulness is the only Feruchemical attribute that Era 2 Scadrial knows how to store while sleeping. This does not mean that it is the only one that can(though it's heavily assumed on here), but it may mean that nobody has figured out how to do it, just as nobody knew how to compound originally.

8. As others have said, Brandon has been closed-lipped about this. We have assumed (because of Hoid and gibletish) that it would not be the same Adonalsium if it were somehow reformed.
9. We have it from Brandon that Chromium leeching would not give a person metal poisoning, so I assume that Aluminum would get rid of all the metals.

10. I do not believe that it would affect Feruchemical stores. I imagine that if it did, they would have to be actively tapping their storage at the time.
10a. No. As Yata said, you can burn piercings. And, a female Mistborn could accidentally burn her copper IUD.
11. We don't know. Wait until Dragonsteel comes out for more answers.

12. Steal power? No. Take some/all of their power after the holder is killed, yes. Odium is relatively stronger because he took great effort not to get tied down to a planet, which takes some of the Shards investiture to do. His extended stay on Roshar has upset his plan, so how much power he has now compared to others is more debatable.
13. Different Senses are stored in different Tinminds, so compounding one would only boost that specific sense.

15. (Not really a question) what do you think of an nicrosilbendalloy-metalmind industry in the nowadays timeline of mistborn ? I mean it would drasticly increase the effecticness of food (if you burn a full one) and would solve the "beauty"standard-problem of our time. I could also imagine an Age-Industry, with the use of AtiumNicrosil-Metalminds. Even without the burning of them, the rich ones could, on cost of the poor ones, become immortal. Both timelines had a very capitalistic society, so it would fit. 

14. Odium has no connection to Aluminum. Aluminum ignores the rules of other magic systems, and does strange things anywhere.
15. Yata is right. Atium is impossible to find and Bendalloy is still too expensive for something like this.

Sorry for this extremly long post ^^". 

Indeed. Same apology here

16 hours ago, The One Who Connects said:

2. Yata: Alloy Ars Arcanum put down a reduced awareness effect, so at least in their understanding, it does work that way. Fluffy, I don't think they could reach a point of being unnoticeable by reducing connection though

Yes I know...The mine was an attempt to figure how this may work in practice.

IF the Nalthian Life Sense is actual "feel the Connection near you" because the Breath improve your connection to the living beings. Storing/Tapping Connections to people would result in spectrum of different feel in a observer.

If you store your Connection the people near you will "sense" you as a Drab on Nalthis (notice the effect is less than that, because regular Human on Nalthis have a Breath).

When you tap Connection the people will "sense" you as they have more Breath and you are not a Drab.

Of course this explaination is still very faulty, because F-Duralluminium's description talks of "friendship and trust", so probably it simply trick your Soul to believe there are a long term relationship between the Ferring and you (or the opposite)

9 hours ago, Yata said:

Of course this explaination is still very faulty, because F-Duralluminium's description talks of "friendship and trust", so probably it simply trick your Soul to believe there are a long term relationship between the Ferring and you (or the opposite)

That gave me an idea to explain the reduced awareness thing, still a bit faulty but...

If increased connection can simulate a long term friendship with someone you've recently met, then the opposite should hold true.

Reduced connection would "sever" (suppress?) long term friendships and even short term ones with new people, which could dull the sense that someone's face/voice is familiar, so they become yet another "face in the crowd" and you are less likely to recognized and/or paid much attention to

14 hours ago, The One Who Connects said:

That gave me an idea to explain the reduced awareness thing, still a bit faulty but...

If increased connection can simulate a long term friendship with someone you've recently met, then the opposite should hold true.

Reduced connection would "sever" (suppress?) long term friendships and even short term ones with new people, which could dull the sense that someone's face/voice is familiar, so they become yet another "face in the crowd" and you are less likely to recognized and/or paid much attention to

This is indeed true, but you could not influence much someone you don't know...unless you store some volatile minimal Connections everyone make with the surround people.

Edited by Yata

On 2/9/2017 at 9:26 AM, The One Who Connects said:

15. Yata is right. Atium is impossible to find and Bendalloy is still too expensive for something like this.

I would say "currently", with Era 3 being a space opera Bendalloy could become attainable through Rosharian Soul Casting or Sel's AonDor.

And since Atium is "technically just a metal", it might be reproduced using similar methods.

** I don't know if Atium is a 'God metal' because of its composition or it Connection to the Shard Ruin.

Just now, Sheridan_rd said:

And since Atium is "technically just a metal", it might be reproduced using similar methods.

** I don't know if Atium is a 'God metal' because of its composition or it Connection to the Shard Ruin.

Nope.

Ninch (17th Shard)

Could a person Soulcast more Atium and Lerasium if they had a bead?

Brandon Sanderson

No. Investiture messes things like that up.

Also, with Wax/Wayne becoming Era 2 rather than 1.5, the space opera is now Era 4

9 minutes ago, The One Who Connects said:

Nope.

Well Dam for simplicity through world hopping, lol.

Bendalloy can still be gotten for Ettmetal Cores.  Crops growing etc.

--------

And I apologize for starting a tangent, but could the "Mist" be condensed into trace metals, I haven't found a Brandon Q&A discussing the possibility 

1 minute ago, Sheridan_rd said:

And I apologize for starting a tangent, but could the "Mist" be condensed into trace metals, I haven't found a Brandon Q&A discussing the possibility 

Well, there's two things about that. 1) Since the Mist is the Gaseous form of Preservation's power, it should only be able to consolidate into Lerasium (the solid form). It's like water vapor will only consolidate into ice, not other things like frozen yogurt :)

2) We really don't know, but I imagine that it is beyond the technological capability and intellectual capacity of non-shard individuals for a long time. Mistborn may be getting techy, but they don't really know too much about how Investiture actually works, like Khriss and Nazh seem to

8 minutes ago, The One Who Connects said:

Well, there's two things about that. 1) Since the Mist is the Gaseous form of Preservation's power, it should only be able to consolidate into Lerasium (the solid form). It's like water vapor will only consolidate into ice, not other things like frozen yogurt :)

In Alloy of Law, Wax says there are 2 kinds of Mist these days.  One is white and 'fluffy', and the other is darker and 'aggressive'.

I kind of thought one was Preservatiin's mist and the other was Ruin's mist.

9 minutes ago, Sheridan_rd said:

In Alloy of Law, Wax says there are 2 kinds of Mist these days.  One is white and 'fluffy', and the other is darker and 'aggressive'.

I kind of thought one was Preservation's mist and the other was Ruin's mist.

Was there? Well, you are probably right then. All I remembered is that P&R had their own Mist Spirit and that in some way, Ruin manipulated the Deepness(which was of Preservation)

6 minutes ago, The One Who Connects said:

Was there? Well, you are probably right then. All I remembered is that P&R had their own Mist Spirit and that in some way, Ruin manipulated the Deepness(which was of Preservation)

And you are probably right about the lack of scientific knowledge to condense Investitures at this time.

On 2/8/2017 at 2:27 PM, Fluffy said:

2. I would say yes.  In most physical Feruchemy 25% (of full) is the extreme lower limit for storing. (Meaning on moving at 25% speed and storing 75).  So only have 25% of your Spiritual Connection would make you hard to notice but not actually "socially invisible ".

8. I agree with previous replies that it would be a "new" Adonalsium (though I have my own theory on the Shattering).

What would come from an Eclectic Sliver.

I.E. a world hopper multiple different Shards Investitures; Metal Arts, Divine Breath, etc.  

Is there a maximum limit to Investitures in the physical Realm?

On 11/3/2017 at 9:22 PM, Sheridan_rd said:

2. I would say yes.  In most physical Feruchemy 25% (of full) is the extreme lower limit for storing. (Meaning on moving at 25% speed and storing 75).  So only have 25% of your Spiritual Connection would make you hard to notice but not actually "socially invisible ".

Actually the caps are really variabile among the attributes.

You could store all your Weight and senses. But only an half in Strenght for example.

There is no indications you could not store all your connections...So hard to say.

On 11/3/2017 at 9:22 PM, Sheridan_rd said:

Is there a maximum limit to Investitures in the physical Realm?

I don't understand the question, Can you expand It a bit?