Ask A Budgie anything

A Budgie

It's a type of bird, a parrot to be exact, and appears as my profile picture. This is the short explanation.
Budgerigars, the name of which is Aboriginal and often shortened to 'budgie' is a species of parrot native to Australia. They are small, and although the native birds came primarily in the colour green, with a yellow head, they were domesticated and bred to have more blue colouring with white heads, or a mixture of the two colour schemes. Some budgies are also white, or black-and-white, or even purple, but most budgies are blue-and-white or green-and-yellow. Budgies are often known as popular households pets due to both their size and their ability to mimic human words and other sounds.

They are also incredibly adorable.

4 hours ago, Shqueeves said:

What's a hexahexaflexagon?

A hexaflexagon is a shape you can make out of paper, and it has rather unusual properties...if you're interested in maths/arty stuff, I would recommend looking into them. They're really cool.
There's two types: trihexaflexagons, and hexahexaflexagons. The latter is more complex and harder to make.

2 hours ago, KnightRadiant said:

What would you do if offered chocolate by someone you hate dislike?

Hm...not sure. I would be suspicious, and would probably just ignore them and move on. Or be polite and just say no.

• 2 weeks later...

Between one second to never, then. Interesting amount of time it would take to eat over fifteen thousand pancakes.

Follow up question: If you decide not to use maple syrup in the consumption of said pancakes, would that mean more eating time or less eating time?

3 hours ago, aeromancer said:

Between one second to never, then. Interesting amount of time it would take to eat over fifteen thousand pancakes.

Follow up question: If you decide not to use maple syrup in the consumption of said pancakes, would that mean more eating time or less eating time?

Probably less, assuming you don't count the time taken to put what I want instead on: lemon juice and sugar.
If you mean just plain pancakes, probably even longer.

8 minutes ago, Mr. Staccato said:

Do you belong to any fandoms (outside that of Brandon's works, of course)?

Sorta, depending on your definition of 'belonging to fandoms'. I consider myself to be a Discworld/Pratchett fan, however I don't attend any forums or anything like that. I simply love the books.
There are other books (and other forms of media) I've enjoyed, but none to the extent I would consider myself to be part of the fandom.

1 hour ago, A Budgie said:

I'm an Aussie.
On a different note...your profile picture...I recognise the thing, but I can't remember what it's called.

It's a graphic representation of the Mandelbrot set, it's a mathematical function and related to the Julia set, of which a slice was the map of Roshar.

And I know you're from Australia,I was wondering where, but that's ok :)

8 minutes ago, Extesian said:

It's a graphic representation of the Mandelbrot set, it's a mathematical function and related to the Julia set, of which a slice was the map of Roshar.

And I know you're from Australia,I was wondering where, but that's ok :)

Mandelbrot, thank you.
As for Australia, I'm a little way away from the coast (by 'little way' I mean about an hour's drive).

Edited by A Budgie

18 hours ago, Mr. Staccato said:

Random philosophical question: Truth or Freedom? Why?

It doesn't necessarily have to do with anything about you, just, what concept are you more inclined to?

Hm...I'm not sure about this one.
Plus, whenever I see 'truth' and 'freedom' (and also 'justice') together in a sentence my mind thinks of Night Watch.
I'm going to say truth.

Just now, Manukos said:

as a fellow poi ...enthusiast? ...user? ...juggler ? anyway , where do you learn more tricks and stuff?

Well, I tend to use this site: http://firepedia.com/poi-tricks/ That also has other manipulation things as well.
However, my circus teacher also had a book he lent to me that had tricks.