Feruchemical Lerasium

The Voiceless One

On 7/2/2017 at 0:58 AM, Oversleep said:

Nicrosil already does that (and more).

Actually Nicrosil doesn't do it...or to be honest it allow you to store and tap your Innate Investiture. But you can't use it to become a stronger allomancer (because I think The Voiceless One was actually talking of what we call "reverse compounding").

So also if I don't think F-Lerasium store Allomantic Strength, it's still a possibility.

4 hours ago, Yata said:

Actually Nicrosil doesn't do it...or to be honest it allow you to store and tap your Innate Investiture. But you can't use it to become a stronger allomancer (because I think The Voiceless One was actually talking of what we call "reverse compounding").

So also if I don't think F-Lerasium store Allomantic Strength, it's still a possibility.

Where did you hear that you cannot amplify to become a stronger allomancer than the charge stored?

19 minutes ago, Spoolofwhool said:

Where did you hear that you cannot amplify to become a stronger allomancer than the charge stored?

It was in a double WoB (I am searching it now to post), the first question was if you store "mistborn power" in Nicrisil or you have to store all the 16 and the second was about tapping the Nicrosilmind to gain more power than the one who stored it inside.

1 hour ago, Yata said:

It was in a double WoB (I am searching it now to post), the first question was if you store "mistborn power" in Nicrisil or you have to store all the 16 and the second was about tapping the Nicrosilmind to gain more power than the one who stored it inside.

The one about storing powers separately is posted in WoB Stack Exchange :)

Anyway, I don't see why you cannot gain more power - Feruchemy is about how fast you tap. If you stored your allomantic power for an hour and then tapped it all in a minute you'd become dozens of time more powerful for that minute.

I'm not sure we're ever likely to see a bead of lerasium on Scadrial again since that would allow for the creation of a mistborn, as well as the subsequent breeding of more mistborns.  Further, if we did see a bead of lerasium, it would seem almost foolish for whoever found it to do anything other burn it immediately :D...

But...

If we're going to venture into the realm of baseless speculation, I'd like to see lerasium and its alloys to delve into some as yet unexplored feruchemical territory.  More abstract attributes like Empathy where storing and tapping could move a person along the spectrum between being a sociopath and being fantastic at intuitively understanding the feelings of others.  Or something like Intelligence, which in this case would refer to the speed at which one is able to "learn" and thereby permanently grow new neural pathways rather than being in reference to storing "mental speed" which would be more along the lines of, "how quickly one can send and receive signals along existing neural pathways."  Before you try to poke holes, yes, I understand that these aren't perfect models.  I think they would be fun feruchemical powers to explore, even if they're unlikely to ever appear on screen...Maybe we'll get to see some atium-alloys in the Lost Metal though, Marsh has way more than he needs and he never struck me as a really selfish person...:ph34r:

4 hours ago, Sheridan_rd said:

Probably not the exact opposite of Atium but similar concept. 

Ruin described himself as embodiment of "change", time/ageing fits as a coresponding stored attribute. 

Perhaps Lerasium stores "survival" or mental preservation? 

So like tapping Lerasium could make you more sane?

If so, they would be less susceptible to Ruin's touch so that may be close...

I like an old theory (I don't remember who was the creator) about Lerasium Feruchemy.

With this idea the F-Lerasium store density, tapping a lot of it make you quite indistructible while storing it would give you some intangibility (hard to use because you need to keep contact with the Lerasium itself)

10 minutes ago, Yata said:

I like an old theory (I don't remember who was the creator) about Lerasium Feruchemy.

With this idea the F-Lerasium store density, tapping a lot of it make you quite indistructible while storing it would give you some intangibility (hard to use because you need to keep contact with the Lerasium itself)

Oh man, together with Iron Feruchemy it would seriously break everything.

27 minutes ago, Sheridan_rd said:

I could be that Lerasium Feruchemy is similar to Atium Hemalurgy.

Lerasium could be used as a substitute for any other metal for a Ferchemist's metal mind to store any attribute? 

Atium - Hemalurgy
Lerasium - Allomancy

By that logic, the universal metalmind would be harmonium.

17 minutes ago, Oversleep said:

Atium - Hemalurgy
Lerasium - Allomancy

By that logic, the universal metalmind would be harmonium.

Exactly, also if that logic is already at risk...Trellium too seems be able to Steal multiple attributes, probably all of them (I was unable to find a specific pattern in the metals it could replace)

4 hours ago, CayJoBla said:

Plus, we already see Lerasium being used as an Allomantic universal whenever Vin burns the mists

If The Mist and whatever other kind of Shard's gassous investiture may be used as a fuel from the magic systems. Ruin too may fuel Allomancy with his black Mists.

The matter is what happen when the Shard's power is fixed in solid form as god metal...the difference state of matter carry with it a different mechanic

Just now, Yata said:

Ruin too may fuel Allomancy with his black Mists.

I do not think that this is correct, as ruin is not the source of allomancy, so he has little to no control over the powers of an allomancer.. This means that he could not have fueled all their metal reserves, but perhaps he could fuel the atium reserves of the person.

18 minutes ago, The Voiceless One said:

I do not think that this is correct, as ruin is not the source of allomancy, so he has little to no control over the powers of an allomancer.. This means that he could not have fueled all their metal reserves, but perhaps he could fuel the atium reserves of the person.

All Shards may do this, it is confirmed not an idea of mine. They may be better or worse at doing it, but they could. I don't want mix things together but if you read other Cosmere's books...you may use also their raw Investiture to performe Allomancy (also if it will be complex and probably a stupid things to do it).

I think it's better with a direct quote:

CZANOS (17 OCTOBER 2008)

Preservation can fuel Allomancy, (Minus Atium.) but can Ruin fuel Hemalurgy? (Or Atium?) And could Sazed fuel all three Metallic Arts?

BRANDON SANDERSON (17 OCTOBER 2008)

Both gods could, if they wanted, fuel all of the metallic arts. Preservation is stronger at fueling Allomancy, Ruin stronger at fueling Allomancy or Feruchemy when it has been given via a spike. Both are balanced when it comes to Feruchemy. But this rarely comes up in the books, as it required expending power in a way that the gods were hesitant to do

On 2/12/2017 at 2:10 PM, Yata said:

Exactly, also if that logic is already at risk...Trellium too seems be able to Steal multiple attributes, probably all of them (I was unable to find a specific pattern in the metals it could replace)

Trellium has only been seen to steal physical quadrant abilities. (I was trying to find a pattern. I feel that it can't (or shouldn't) do what Atium does as that diminishes the latter.) Hope that helps.