2017-03-10 /r/fantasy AMA

WeiryWriter

30 minutes ago, jofwu said:

Do they have a time down for it? I see it on the sidebar, with the date. Curious if they've announced when the post will be up to take questions or for Brandon to start answering.

If previous AMAs are an indicator, time will be irrelevant - Brandon will keep coming back and answering questions for like 6 months. 

I am beginning to worry, however. He has been so active, I am starting to run out of questions...

43 minutes ago, Argent said:

If previous AMAs are an indicator, time will be irrelevant - Brandon will keep coming back and answering questions for like 6 months. 

I am beginning to worry, however. He has been so active, I am starting to run out of questions...

So, that will drop you from what, one-third of all questions down to one-fifth? (I kid, of course. I've actually been going through Brandon's last AMA recently, and it's pretty amazing how much you got out of him. I used to feel sorry that you didn't get a ton in at the Chicago AU signing. But you got, like, 10 years worth of questions in that AMA, so overall you're still well ahead of the curve.)

1 hour ago, Argent said:

I'm sure he'll answer every last one, if he can. I'd simply prefer to get a question in early, and maybe be in the thread while he's actively answering. :)

1 hour ago, Pagerunner said:

So, that will drop you from what, one-third of all questions down to one-fifth? (I kid, of course. I've actually been going through Brandon's last AMA recently, and it's pretty amazing how much you got out of him. I used to feel sorry that you didn't get a ton in at the Chicago AU signing. But you got, like, 10 years worth of questions in that AMA, so overall you're still well ahead of the curve.)

Honestly, Chicago's AU wasn't bad. Yes, we had a lot of people outside, but I legitimately felt like I hadn't brought enough questions. I almost ran out. Guess who's not making that mistake ever again...

I seem to recall a question from Shadows of Self, involving the number of spikes Bleeder had in her at the end, which I don't know if it was ever resolved. I think the question was, did she have 1 'normal' spike and 1 Trellium spike (and Wax's earring bullet made it 2 normal spikes, allowing Harmony to control her), or did she only have 1 Trellium spike (and the earring made it 2 spikes in total). If memory serves, Brandon was coy at the time, and said he hadn't intentionally written it that ambiguous, but liked how we were working ourselves into knots over it. He said he'd issue an answer at the end of the release tour, but I don't remember ever getting anything conclusive on it. Does anyone know if it was ever answered? If not, this could be a good time to finally tie up that loose end.

EDIT: Here's the question I'm thinking of.

Edited by Pagerunner

14 minutes ago, Pagerunner said:

I seem to recall a question from Shadows of Self, involving the number of spikes Bleeder had in her at the end, which I don't know if it was ever resolved. I think the question was, did she have 1 'normal' spike and 1 Trellium spike (and Wax's earring bullet made it 2 normal spikes, allowing Harmony to control her), or did she only have 1 Trellium spike (and the earring made it 2 spikes in total). If memory serves, Brandon was coy at the time, and said he hadn't intentionally written it that ambiguous, but liked how we were working ourselves into knots over it. He said he'd issue an answer at the end of the release tour, but I don't remember ever getting anything conclusive on it. Does anyone know if it was ever answered? If not, this could be a good time to finally tie up that loose end.

EDIT: Here's the question I'm thinking of.

It was just one at a time.

Source:

Evgeni Kirilov
@BrandSanderson @PeterAhlstrom So how many spikes did Paalm have before the end? Asked in Chicago, you said to follow-up after tour.

Peter Ahlstrom
@ArgentSun Paalm was only using one spike at a time, all of them made from the unknown metal. @BrandSanderson

44 minutes ago, AerionBFII said:

Challenge accepted.

Worth pointing out that there was an AMA on /r/fantasy four days ago, on 2017-02-10. Feeling pretty strongly that the March 10th date listed on /r/fantasy was incorrect, and that this AMA isn't actually going to happen (that is, that it has already happened).

That said, we'd love to have you in /r/brandonsanderson, /r/stormlight_archive, /r/mistborn, and /r/cosmere!

Edited by jofwu

1 hour ago, jofwu said:

Worth pointing out that there was an AMA on /r/fantasy four days ago, on 2017-02-10. Feeling pretty strongly that the March 10th date listed on /r/fantasy was incorrect, and that this AMA isn't actually going to happen (that is, that it has already happened).

That said, we'd love to have you in /r/brandonsanderson, /r/stormlight_archive, /r/mistborn, and /r/cosmere!

Thank you!!

Will join you shortly!!