WoB stack exchange

Oversleep

12 hours ago, Ookla the Elephant said:

Shallans oaths. I found the WoB, discussiony thing but didn't have time to link it.

Well, Sovereign is looking for evidence. Please link the WoB if you found it. That's what this thread is for :)

• 1 month later...

I can't find the confirmation that both ending of WoR are canonical in respect to Shardblade killings and revivals.

IIRC it was Peter saying it in one of Edgedancer threads.

EDIT:

Nevermind, found it:

Edited by Oversleep

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2017 at 9:03 PM, Oversleep said:
On 9/27/2017 at 8:34 PM, The One Who Connects said:

But I remember seeing one that is much more recent, and much more specific. It stated that the Elantrian would have to draw Aons and swing Nightblood through them to "consume" the Investiture.

@The One Who Connects said it's this one:

I don't have time to look for the transcription doc if there is any. I pulled it out of WoBinator 4000.

I'd like to admit to being wrong. It's actually this one, which isn't on Arcanum (which was hidden in a spoiler tag, which is why I couldn't find it on here.)

Just another guyn:
If an Elantrian were to get ahold of nightblood and draw it, How would nightblood react and what kind of power would be unleashed?

Brandon Sanderson:
Um, so nightblood needs kinetic investiture to feed upon, um, the Elantrian would have to be able to get a conduit to the dor to feed nightblood or nightblood would just eat their soul

Just another guyn:
So if they used aondor to fuel nightblood...

Brandon Sanderson:
There are some types of aondor that would work, and there are others that would not.

Just another guyn:
..and would nightblood just keep going until the Aon was

Brandon Sanderson:
He would dissolve the Aon as he drew the power from it.

Just another guyn:
So it wouldn't just empty the dor

Brandon Sanderson:
No it would not empty the dor

• 1 month later...
39 minutes ago, John203 said:

Yes, I've seen these. I searched the Arcanum for several tags related to Heralds and Honorblades. I swear I saw someone post this WoB after WoR was released. Maybe they conflated Nightblood because I'm not sure it was a direct quote. It was a long time ago.

On 4/12/2018 at 1:59 PM, Naurock said:

Does anyone else remember the WoB that a Herald with their Honorblade would allow them to do things beyond what a normal Radiant could? I can't find it by searching the Arcanum here and am starting to think I imagined it.

I was also unable to find it.  However, I remember it slightly differently:

[OB spoilers]

Spoiler

A Herald who is also a Knight Radiant (e.g. Nale) with an Honorblade would be more powerful than otherwise.  

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Chaos locked this topic