city of lightning

stonedshaman

So as I am rereading WoK's for like the 5th time when I got to the scene where in kaladin is looking for lurgs with Tien and Laral.  In said scene kaladin thinks of Kurth the city of lightning.  On the coppermind the only info about kurth is where it is geographicly and the nationality.  Also has a quick comment on how many stories are told of it.  So what I'm wondering is does anyone know more of said city.  Like why is it the city of lightning and are there any WoB about kurth.  Thank you and have a glorious day

I've searched WoK and WoR and that seems to be the only reference to it in either book (unless you count its placement on the map). I haven't searched Edgedancer because I don't have the ebook, but I don't remember it being mentioned in there.

Additionally I can find no WoBs on it: I've done a quick search of theoryland, reddit, and twitter, as well as these forums, and haven't been able to turn up anything. Thus the coppermind article does seem to be complete (as it in fact claims to be at the bottom of the page).

In short, we know it exists, we know where it is, we know that there are stories told about it, and that is all we know about it.

Checked through Edgedancer, didn't see it there. Most authors do this though, as Brandon says, it's the iceberg. We only see a tip of the iceberg, but theres really massive amounts of worldbuilding information under the surface that never make the books. Sometimes authors just put tidbits like that in to add the appearance of depth in the world.  

Edited by KereDerek

• Chaos locked this topic