Feruchemist Immortality

Faceless Mist-Wraith

A big part of healing in the Cosmere is Identity, or how you view yourself. This likely explains why Miles still aged despite being able to heal all of his cellular damage. With this in mind, if a Feruchemist stored Identity and then tapped the metal mind 10 years later in conjunction with gold, could they heal themselves into a younger version?

If this works the way I think it would, you could repeat this process several times, without having to worry about suddenly aging to dust. However there is likely a limit to the number of times you could do this, since at some point you will think of yourself as old even if you have a young body, and this would affect how you heal.

Yes, all of this means there are FAR more efficient means of counteracting aging than the one used by the Lord Ruler. It's a hack, and not meant to be terribly efficient.

I was looking for this quote but couldn't find it. I thought that this might be what he was thinking of as the more efficient way.

It seemed to me like it would be more accessible since most people aren't atium twinborns or fullborns, so this method would be accessible to any Feruchemist with the forethought to store Identity.

Identity didn't change nothing about yourself...it's just the "signature" of your Soul. Storing all of it would not change your mental image or your Cognitive self, and in the end your Cognitive may believe whatever it wants, your Soul knows the truth...and fiercely counters the anomaly.

Instead playing with Durallumin (and Connectios) may obtain some result on this topic, if you are able to erase your Connection to your birthdate (something we don't know if possible) you could avoid the Soul's Correction

Edited by Yata

I don't think that you could erase your Connection to your birthdate, since it is a part of you and I don't think you can erase a Connection to yourself.

21 minutes ago, Yata said:

Identity didn't change nothing about yourself...it's just the "signature" of your Soul. Storing all of it would not change your mental image or your Cognitive self, and in the end your Cognitive may believe whatever it wants, your Soul knows the truth...and fiercely counters the anomaly.

The point of storing Identity is to tap it several years later, so that when you heal gold restores your body to what your older Identity says it should be.

Identity is what drives healing in the Cosmere, it essentially provides a blueprint from which investiture rebuilds you, and we see examples of it affecting how people recover, most notably

Spoiler

Lopen beginning to heal his arm and Kaladin's scars not healing because of how they viewed themselves.

The idea then is to replace your current blueprint with a much older/earlier one, so that gold heals you to that state. Since we know that the effects of gold don't go away after tapping, (unlike atium), this method would be safer to use since it doesn't require constant tapping.

Cognitive Self and Identity is not the same thing, the only effect of be without Identity is to remove your Soul's Invesiture-Interference for that time. it will not change nothing to your Cognitive Self (except be virtually vulnerable to any kind of attack).

On 9/1/2017 at 7:50 PM, Faceless Mist-Wraith said:

I don't think that you could erase your Connection to your birthdate, since it is a part of you and I don't think you can erase a Connection to yourself.

Actually all the Connections you could store/tap are part of yourself. If you could store/tap Connection to a place (and we see this ability in action), you will probably be able to store Connection to a time (your birthdate or any other date)

Edited by Yata

• Chaos locked this topic