Does lift understand Stormlight?

Steeldancer

I believe that Lift does understand that she needs stormlight in order to surgebind; Wyndle has certainly explained it enough times to her. However, she chooses to think about it as awesomeness to her personally because it fits how she views the world more easily. In general though, I think it has been said that for Lift, converting to stormlight is easier than drawing it from spheres because she's not practiced at drawing it from spheres, nor does she ever try. 

Edited by Spoolofwhool

I would agree with Spool here, I think she is aware but prefers to metabolize it. It seems like she can retain Stormlight much better than a normal Surgebinder this way.  If you remember the battle with Kaladin & Szeth, Kal pulls a decent amount of Stormlight from the pouches at Szeth's waist, which is necessitated by the fact that they can't hold Stormlight for any lengthy duration.

I doubt that the 13 year old has thought it through to that extent, she's simply doing what she's used to, and what's easier for her, but I'm sure Brandon did this deliberately, and we will find her surprising foes and using it strongly to her advantage in the future.

On 07/01/2017 at 1:35 AM, Spoolofwhool said:

In general though, I think it has been said that for Lift, converting to stormlight is easier than drawing it from spheres because she's not practiced at drawing it from spheres, nor does she ever try. I think there is a WoB regarding that.

Do you have a source for that WoB?

I've done a quick search and haven't found anything. I vaguely recall Brandon maybe RAFOing it a while back, but it's so vague I'm not sure that I'm not making it up.

1 hour ago, BlackYeti said:

Do you have a source for that WoB?

I've done a quick search and haven't found anything. I vaguely recall Brandon maybe RAFOing it a while back, but it's so vague I'm not sure that I'm not making it up.

Hmm. I could be wrong actually. I felt pretty sure that I had seen it in a WoB, but I wasn't certain and I can't find it now. I'll remove that line, but if I find the WoB I'll post it.

Edited by Spoolofwhool

• Chaos locked this topic