Making coppermind mobile friendly

Herald

Hi everyone, I want to propose making the coppermind wiki website mobile friendly similar to 17S. Implementation details on whether it's through using other opensource wiki software (instead of mediawiki) that's mobile friendly or installing MobileFrontend extension to the existing mediawiki is upto @Chaos to decide, but I want to put this request out here.

4 hours ago, Chaos said:

How good is MobileFrontend?

I think it's the only reliable choice if we want to make wiki mobile friendly using mediawiki. This can be seen by their proposal here where they want to use elements in MobileFrontend to make mediawiki mobile friendly by default. In addition, Wikimedia also uses this extension (source), so it's likely stable. Also all the problems identified with resolutions using MobileFrontend are listed here. I know it could be major time investment from your end, but I personally feel that it would be worth the effort and the instructions to setup does not seem complicated (but being in tech industry myself I know that that something that looks deceptively simple could take significant time when actually tested)

having to maintain two separate frontends is probably too much to ask... given that it's already kinda fiddly to keep mediawiki itself up to date, and given that the skin should already be fairly adaptive to mobile screens I'm probably not going to get around to putting effort into trying this out,....