Emotional Allomancy and Speed Bubbles

KnightRadiant

Question

3 answers to this question

We've got two WoB's on it:

Source:

Kurkistan: Speaking of time bubbles [Editors note: we were not speaking of time bubbles], can iron and steel and emotional Allomancy- Allomancy go beyond the boundaries of time bubbles; like if I'm inside a time bubble can I just like super steel push outside?
Brandon: Oh, time bubbles interfere with almost all forms of investiture.

And then a newer one with a less potentially-trolly answer:

Source:

[01:31:45]
zas’ sister: If Wayne and Breeze, like if Wayne had a time bubble up and Breeze was inside Pushing on somebody’s emotions what--
Brandon: He could still make that work.
zas’ sister: Would it affect it?
Brandon: Not really.  It wouldn’t dramatically affect it.  You’re going to have one of these sort-of effects--  Yeah, because what he is doing is on another Realm, it’s not going to affect it.
zas’ sister: Is that same with all [magics?]
Brandon: Not necessarily.  See what’s going on is if you are affecting things on the Cognitive Realm…
zas:  It’s kind of time-independent?
Brandon: Yeah? That’s not really--  Really it’s the Spiritual Realm that is time-independent, right?  All time and space are irrelevant once you reach the Spiritual.  You’re kind of going to go over the top, it’s going to work just fine.  In fact you can probably--  So he could use that to make his metals last a little bit better, probably.  So that is a hack of the magic systems that you could probably do.

I don't think it was discussed in-book, but I think I remember Brandon saying no. The speed bubbles work solely on the physical speed of objects, while Emotional Allomancy targets the person through the Cognitive (speed bubbles have some correlation to the Cognitive since things are in or out completely, but I'd say probably more Spiritual than Cognitive, especially since we know Connection plays a big role in what it's anchored to.