16 personality test

manukos

3 minutes ago, Shqueeves said:

He isn't a British alien, the TARDIS translation matrix uses the source English, which happens to have a British accent 

Of course I know that. That was for humorous effect. :ph34r:

Do not presume to correct my Doctor Who knowledge, peasant. I know what the Looms of Gallifrey are. I understand the Cartmel Master Plan. I know every member of the Deca. I know the Master's true name. I can rattle off the names of every member of the Cult of Skaro. I know which race cracked open Arkeon. I can spit out the names 'Raxacoricofallapatorius' and 'The Mighty Jagrafesse of the Holy Hadrojassic Maxarodenfroe' without stuttering, as @Anarkitty can attest. I know both acronyms for U.N.I.T. and can clarify the timeline discrepancies. I know which eldritch abomination belched out the Nestene Consciousness. I've tracked the Doctor across parallel universes most don't even know he's been to, from Looker to Time Turner. Unlike the Brigadier, I know that bombs won't stop those maggots. I can keep track of the most wibbly of Moffat's plots. I was writing Time War fanfictions years before George Mann published that Moldox nonsense.

...I'm probably an irredeemable nerd, but writing all that gave me the strangest adrenaline rush. I think I finally know why the elitist YouTube commenters do it.

26 minutes ago, Kobold King said:

Do not presume to correct my Doctor Who knowledge, peasant. I know what the Looms of Gallifrey are. I understand the Cartmel Master Plan. I know every member of the Deca. I know the Master's true name. I can rattle off the names of every member of the Cult of Skaro. I know which race cracked open Arkeon. I can spit out the names 'Raxacoricofallapatorius' and 'The Mighty Jagrafesse of the Holy Hadrojassic Maxarodenfroe' without stuttering, as @Anarkitty can attest. I know both acronyms for U.N.I.T. and can clarify the timeline discrepancies. I know which eldritch abomination belched out the Nestene Consciousness. I've tracked the Doctor across parallel universes most don't even know he's been to, from Looker to Time Turner. Unlike the Brigadier, I know that bombs won't stop those maggots. I can keep track of the most wibbly of Moffat's plots. I was writing Time War fanfictions years before George Mann published that Moldox nonsense.

...I'm probably an irredeemable nerd, but writing all that gave me the strangest adrenaline rush. I think I finally know why the elitist YouTube commenters do it.

You know, you have to be really smart to be into Dr. Who, etc. etc.

1 minute ago, The Invested Beard said:

You know, you have to be really smart to be into Dr. Who, etc. etc.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Doctor Who. The sci-fi is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of temporal mechanics most of the plot will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also the Doctor's humanistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterization - his personal philosophy draws heavily from classic trickster spirit folklore, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these plot lines, to realize that they're not just entertaining- they say something deep about TIME. As a consequence people who dislike Doctor Who truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in the Tenth Doctor's existential catchphrase "wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey," which itself is a cryptic reference to non-linear models of temporal flow. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those of addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Sydney Newman's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. B) And yes by the way, I DO have a Doctor Who tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they accept Tom Baker as the objectively best Doctor (preferably with Matt Smith as second best) beforehand.

Meme being referenced so nobody thinks I'm serious and wants to strangle me.

Just now, Kobold King said:

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Doctor Who. The sci-fi is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of temporal mechanics most of the plot will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also the Doctor's humanistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterization - his personal philosophy draws heavily from classic trickster spirit folklore, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these plot lines, to realize that they're not just entertaining- they say something deep about TIME. As a consequence people who dislike Doctor Who truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in the Tenth Doctor's existential catchphrase "wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey," which itself is a cryptic reference to non-linear models of temporal flow. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those of addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Sydney Newman's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. B) And yes by the way, I DO have a Doctor Who tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they accept Tom Baker as the objectively best Doctor (preferably with Matt Smith as second best) beforehand.

Meme being referenced so nobody thinks I'm serious and wants to strangle me.

Thank you for expanding on my joke. It's way too early and I wasn't feeling up to typing that much. :P

51 minutes ago, Kobold King said:

I can spit out the names 'Raxacoricofallapatorius' and 'The Mighty Jagrafesse of the Holy Hadrojassic Maxarodenfroe' without stuttering, as @Anarkitty can attest.

I can indeed. @Kobold King goes all Beast Boy with the braces and pocket protector.

14 minutes ago, The Invested Beard said:

Thank you for expanding on my joke. It's way too early and I wasn't feeling up to typing that much. :P

The boy's a natural born liar--he can go on for five minutes making things up with a straight face. I had him demonstrate for my sister once. His brother gave him the subject of bubbles, and he just opened his mouth and let the hot air escape. Though in this case, I see he just imitated the source material. 

5 minutes ago, Anarkitty said:

I can indeed. @Kobold King goes all Beast Boy with the braces and pocket protector.

The boy's a natural born liar--he can go on for five minutes making things up with a straight face. I had him demonstrate for my sister once. His brother gave him the subject of bubbles, and he just opened his mouth and let the hot air escape. Though in this case, I see he just imitated the source material. 

They do say plagiarism is the highest form of frippery or something like that.

1 hour ago, Kobold King said:

I must say, that's impressive. I'm only a casual fan, but I wish I had that level of dedication. Good on you. 

3 hours ago, Shqueeves said:

I must say, that's impressive. I'm only a casual fan, but I wish I had that level of dedication. Good on you. 

I read that as "causal fan" and was rather confused. :lol:

I don't have that level of dedication for anything. Well, not for fictional universes, anyway. I do occasionally go full on geek on other topics.

I do enjoy going in the opposite direction, like pretending that I have too many children to remember all their names. That never gets old. 

22 hours ago, Kobold King said:

I'm still sad that Hulu had to take down all their Classic Who episodes a few years ago.  I was almost done rewatching the 4th Doctor :(  Speaking of the 4th Doctor, I have a copy of the scarf (sadly, I did not knit it myself), and I bought a matching collar and leash set for my dog so she can cosplay as K9.

Getting back on topic:  I'm an ISFJ, and I'm pleased to see how many INFPs are on here!  I'm dating an INFP, so I think you all are awesome :)

Edited by anna

1 hour ago, anna said:

I'm still sad that Hulu had to take down all their Classic Who episodes a few years ago.  I was almost done rewatching the 4th Doctor :(  Speaking of the 4th Doctor, I have a copy of the scarf (sadly, I did not knit it myself), and I bought a matching collar and leash set for my dog so she can cosplay as K9.

Getting back on topic:  I'm an ISFJ, and I'm pleased to see how many INFPs are on here!  I'm dating an INFP, so I think you all are awesome :)

I'm married to an ENTP. It makes things...interesting. :lol: Instead of taking the test himself, I had to call out the questions with him telling me his answers. It really explained a lot. We're alike in the ways that cause friction, and we're different in the ways that cause friction. And we've been together for close to three decades. Go figure. :)

I like the scarf doctor too.. Though I'm not as pretentious as Kobold, Dr. Who is fun. Oh yeah, INTP-A for me.

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 4:47 PM, Kobold King said:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Chaos locked this topic