16 personality test

manukos

Hmmm, INFP this time. I know that's wrong though, close, but not right. A far better description would be a mixture of INFP and INTP. It's not that I'm fairly neutral on T/F it's more that I am generally strongly one way or the other but which way varies heavily between the different aspects of it. *shrug*

In an extreme simplification I have that really strong need to create and imagine but I also have a very technical side to my thinking that makes programming and the like perfectly natural and immensely satisfying. I think for a job to really satisfy me it has to fill both of those sides. Fortunately, Indie games dev does exactly that! :)

My default state is ESTJ, though the N/S and T/F preferences are low enough that I can switch back and forth when the occasion calls for it. E and J are always between 40-60% though. Which is strong, for me, even if it's only a moderate preference generally.

For other personality things, in the color personality test (white, blue, red, yellow) about driving motivations, I'm a red-yellow, meaning that I'm driven by responsibility/power and fun.

In the big 5 (also called OCEAN), I'm highly open to new experiences, highly conscientious, moderately extroverted, moderately agreeable, and low in neuroticism.

And I think that's all the halfway legit personality things I've taken thus far. I should take more. I love them because while no one test is going to be entirely helpful, the more you take, the more you learn and the better you come to understand yourself, which is always good.

INFP - A here :)

Not really a surprise, but I second @Claincy - I'm very technical and truth based (hence I enjoy engineering and programming). Other than that, classic INFP mediator. 

@Deliiiiiightful - find something you care about. I've really enjoyed teaching/tutoring part time, as I love working with people and seeing their growth. I'm also fairly technical, and I feel really drawn to design and engineering, but in a way that matters: I'm passionate about biomechatronics (replacement limbs, exoskeletons/etc. Basically engineering sci-fi medical solutions). 

And to all my fellow INFP's - we get papa Tolkien!!! AHAHAHA :D
Also note the line about us loving fantasy worlds more than any other group. Too true, too true. 

22 minutes ago, Erunion (The Incorrigible) said:

INFP - A here :)

Not really a surprise, but I second @Claincy - I'm very technical and truth based (hence I enjoy engineering and programming). Other than that, classic INFP mediator. 

@Deliiiiiightful - find something you care about. I've really enjoyed teaching/tutoring part time, as I love working with people and seeing their growth. I'm also fairly technical, and I feel really drawn to design and engineering, but in a way that matters: I'm passionate about biomechatronics (replacement limbs, exoskeletons/etc. Basically engineering sci-fi medical solutions). 

And to all my fellow INFP's - we get papa Tolkien!!! AHAHAHA :D
Also note the line about us loving fantasy worlds more than any other group. Too true, too true. 

I like writing stories and drawing and generally making stuff....that is as yet insufficient to pay rent.

INFP, the personality trait that is so often depicted as happy-go-lucky, endlessly distracted daydreamers... but, I take your stereotypes, and I raise to you...Tolkien

Also, can I just say, I find the image on the 16personalities website for INFP really amusing. I did this with my friends, and they all got characters that looked like successful scientists, fun singers and heroic fantasy protagonists. And then there was me, barefoot and surrounded by butterflies. BUT, we have Tolkien (and butterflies apparently)

Edited by CalypsoDreaming

On 1/2/2017 at 1:44 AM, Silverblade5 said:

Eh.  That is...further back in time than I thought it was.  So probably not.

News flash, kids!  When you get old (like me), time runs faster.  It's true.  I still seem to think that everything that happened after the year 2000 is "didn't that just happen, like, yesterday?"

3 hours ago, Kaymyth said:

Eh.  That is...further back in time than I thought it was.  So probably not.

News flash, kids!  When you get old (like me), time runs faster.  It's true.  I still seem to think that everything that happened after the year 2000 is "didn't that just happen, like, yesterday?"

I hadn't been alive for all that long in 2000 :o

2 minutes ago, Deliiiiiightful said:

I hadn't been alive for all that long in 2000 :o

And some Sharders were born after that.

I think there's just a general phenomenon that once you've reached adulthood/made it through college, childhood becomes "Then" and adulthood becomes "Now".  Because even pushing 40, I have trouble comprehending the fact that I've been an adult for longer than I was a kid.

@Kaymyth - Starting to feel the outlines of that, especially in my workplace (where I've been working longer than many of my students have been alive...)
The year 2000 was fun - nice celebrations. I think it was the first one where my parents deemed me old enough to stay up past midnight. Either way, it's the first one I vividly remember. 

I came out as INTP -A. @Mestiv looks like there's a reason we're both in IT. With only 3% of the population it's interesting that so many people on this forum fall into either this category or INFP. Says a lot about the kind of people who read Sanderson/spend time on boards like this.

I think what I read describes me pretty well. I mean this especially:

When INTPs are particularly excited, the conversation can border on incoherence as they try to explain the daisy-chain of logical conclusions that led to the formation of their latest idea. Oftentimes, INTPs will opt to simply move on from a topic before it’s ever understood what they were trying to say, rather than try to lay things out in plain terms.
Edited by The Invested Beard

18 hours ago, Kaymyth said:

And some Sharders were born after that.

I think there's just a general phenomenon that once you've reached adulthood/made it through college, childhood becomes "Then" and adulthood becomes "Now".  Because even pushing 40, I have trouble comprehending the fact that I've been an adult for longer than I was a kid.

Usually 3-5 year periods have enough in common that I can think of my life in chapters, or like "[name of album] era"s for bands.

3 hours ago, Argent said:

I've always liked this version of the test.

Ended up there as an INTP, by 3%.... 
It's almost like I'm at the border of INFP and INTP. 
(This is because I am at the border of INFP and INTP...)

I guess this makes me... the Mediator Engineer? 

That sounds a lot like me, actually. 

Edited by Erunion
Clarity, last line

4 hours ago, Argent said:

I've always liked this version of the test.

That places me a VERY introverted INFP but I feel like the questions were more skewed to ARE YOU AN INTROVERT/ARE YOU AN EXTROVERT rather than more complex questions. 

Looking up INFP people:

Bella Swan

well now I feel great about myself. How did they even find enough of a personality for her to put her through the test?

Edited by Deliiiiiightful