30 posts in this topic

Hmm... This makes me really uncomfortable. Changing the end of WoR slightly was one thing. This would completely invalidate the canonicity of the graphic novels, and I strongly dislike the idea of him retconning something that significant. I would 100% prefer a weak Cosmere explanation over a perfectly Cosmere-consistent explanation that rewrites the canon.

1 hour ago, jofwu said:

Hmm... This makes me really uncomfortable. Changing the end of WoR slightly was one thing. This would completely invalidate the canonicity of the graphic novels, and I strongly dislike the idea of him retconning something that significant. I would 100% prefer a weak Cosmere explanation over a perfectly Cosmere-consistent explanation that rewrites the canon.

My thoughts exactly.

He could just make this an in-world myth, which I don't think would Ruin much. Turning it into a non-cosmere story however would be problimatic.

I personally don't care that much for the graphic novel and it can totally be non-canon if you ask me. I'm praying for the novel version of the story anyways. But, you know, that's just me. 

10 hours ago, strumienpola said:

I personally don't care that much for the graphic novel and it can totally be non-canon if you ask me. I'm praying for the novel version of the story anyways. But, you know, that's just me. 

No, it's not just you, I also hope for a novel version, I am no fan of graphic novels. Editing content after the release is something I don't like either and that Brandon also only does when he sees urgent reasons, though we don't necessarily agree.

Spoiler

In my version of WoR Kaladin still kills Szeth and I am perfectly fine with that

The similarity of Slatrifying with Soulcasting would be a possible, if weak explanation. Soulcasting involves entering the Cognitive Realm (partially) and changing the Identity of things / people.