Random Stuff X: Something Weird

soyperson

55 minutes ago, Kaymyth said:

Until the Yellowstone supervolcano erupts, anyway.

I'm close, but with luck a combination of the Rockies and fresh pacific air might save me :)

And humans have survived worse anyhow (probably.... Depends how bad the volcano goes)

13 minutes ago, bleeder said:

Along those lines, to get personal for a moment, I think the best way to die would be swallowed by a giant snake. Going feet first and whole into a slimy maw would give your life perfect symmetry.

Wouldn't heart attack on stage after the last song be pretty alright though?

My team is doing a Secret Santa thing at work, and the person I drew likes scarves and bright colors.  And I remembered, hey!  I still have a few balls of sari silk yarn lying around.  So I am knitting her a scarf made out of saris that met the end of their lives by being cut into pieces and spun into yarn.  It's pretty.

I'm also making little goodie bags for everyone, because I'm the boss* and I should do that.  So I made fudge today.  And I bought a bunch of different types of cookies, because they will probably be way better than anything I try to bake.

*this is still weird

I'm taking Bruce back to Spokane with me in four days. 

FOUR DAYS 

Great Noodly One I am so nervous. I've gotten Bruce used to the crate, but I still don't know how he'll handle himself in the airport and on the plane, and I'm taking lots of treats and some of his toys along to keep him distracted, but there are still all of these variables and what if there's some unwritten rule I'm breaking and gaaaaahhhhhhhhh

2 hours ago, Assassin in Burgundy said:

Going to Canada. I checked the weather a few days ago and it was -16 degrees. 

...... Centigrade or Fahrenheit? 
Because we use Centigrade up here - Fahrenheit can be fairly confusing for us Canucks.

But yes, welcome to the cold and the snow (I say as I live in the warmest, mildest part of the country). 

Here (in Poland) temperature is oscillating around 0°C (32°F). A little on the plus, a little on the minus. Still no snow (there was once or twice but that's it). No snow for Christmass, I'm afraid.

Mists are showing up again, this morning (like 45 minutes before sunrise) there was a fog and all...

On another note: my dad watched an episode of Young Pope while I was near last Thursday. I can't get that music out of my head ever since:

Edited by Ookla the Sunrise Watcher

@Oversleep - none of us are ever truly the same after having grasped a glimpse of the glorious Mok. 

In other, random news, I had a brief moment of panic while waiting to have my blood drawn (almost certainly for the vampires, but hopefully they can taste it for any diseases) as they were serving #84 I thought I was given #960......

Spoiler

Pictures not showing, and I can't delete these spoilers on my phone... 

it it was only then that I realized that I in fact had #096 

Spoiler

See above

Edited by Erunion (The Incorrigible)
Picture's aren't showing :(

Just now, Quiver said:

Can anyone prescribe insomnia cures?

This is the third day where I've managed to get less than six hours sleep. I keep waking up around one or two o'clock, and can't get ask to sleep.

With work days, that's...exhausting.

Hmm... for me, it varies.

Tea. 

ASMR. 

Light exercise.

No screens

If I think of more I'll add them to the list.

@Darkness Ascendant At my job, I actually do surprisingly little shushing. :mellow: Maybe once a week we'll have a patron complain about another patron holding a loud conversation on their phone, but aside from that, patrons are pretty quiet to begin with. 

In other news, I've finally :ph34r: seen Zootopia.