Random Stuff X: Something Weird

soyperson

1 minute ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Figured as much. :P I'd actually "discovered" it…sometime back, not sure exactly when, but I hadn't found occasion to use it until now. And I'm also not as on top of the new memes as I used to be. 

Just do what I do and go on iFunny all the time. 

1 minute ago, bleeder said:

Just do what I do and go on iFunny all the time. 

I've actually found new memes to be of less importance to me in the past couple of years. I'll laugh at them when I find them funny, but if I don't get to watch a meme be born and mutate, or if I catch onto one a few weeks late, it's no big deal. Which is kind of the exact opposite of how I was back when memes (in their current online form) first started becoming a thing. 

My dad is visiting for a few days.  The weather has been crap (first ice yesterday, snow on top of it today), so for entertainment we've mostly been watching movies.  As it turns out, my father's reaction to watching Deadpool is, "That was a cute movie."  He meant it unironically.  This...this probably explains a lot about where I get my sense of humor, actually.

9 hours ago, Chaos said:

Okay I was going to be all, "ugh why is there a new thread" but it turned it to be funny. So this time I'll let it slide ;)

I was momentarily confused myself.  I thought, wait, weren't we supposed to wait until we knew the next Star Wars title?

9 hours ago, Mestiv said:

Please, lock the old thread, Delightful's post should be the last post there :D

I'm still getting used to my new mod powers, realizing things like, "Oh, I could totes sneak a post in and ruin this.  But I won't because that would be mean."

Don't even get me started on the way my fingers twitch whenever I see a post that uses textspeak.  I know that I can fix it now, but I can't, but I want to, but I shouldn't because that would be an abuse of power and it would be wrong but oh gods it's a dang good thing that this little issue of mine doesn't quite overlap into my OCD area or I would be in so much trouble.

8 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Up in Spokane, there is already snow on the ground. Mollie, who was raised in Arizona, doesn't seem to be a fan. According to my brother, the first time she had to go out in the snow, she limped inside and showed him her paws as if they were hurt. He rubbed them to warm them up, and she thanked him with kisses. 

Also, Bruce has a new sweater for when we visit. 

Hide contents

rOrDBiO.jpg

mUZJ28L.jpg

YOU HAVE FUZZY TARDIS BOOTIES.  <3 <3 <3

8 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

I've actually found new memes to be of less importance to me in the past couple of years. I'll laugh at them when I find them funny, but if I don't get to watch a meme be born and mutate, or if I catch onto one a few weeks late, it's no big deal. Which is kind of the exact opposite of how I was back when memes (in their current online form) first started becoming a thing. 

1g6hzh.jpg

How to make a meme:

1. Take a somewhat amusing pop culture reference.
  2. Find an appropriate image.
  3. Change the wording and image to fit what you want to make a joke about because you are not funny or clever enough to make a joke about it without a pre-existing framework.
  4. Use until no longer funny.
  5. Keep using it.
  6. Repeat step number 5 ad infinitum.

17 hours ago, Kobold King said:

Anyone seen Rogue One yet? We're thinking about seeing it in the theater next week. Wondering if it's any good. :ph34r:

Saw it last night. Loved. Scenery is beautiful, it felt super star-warsy. There is one thing that bothered me but it's major spoilers not so I won't say. Suffice to say I walked out feeling all the feels and may have stuck my fist in my mouth to stop screaming. They made AT-ATs terrifying. Also some very nice tie ins to A New Hope that is only a little bit fan service and is mostly good storytelling. I guess I could write up a proper review....

15 hours ago, Chaos said:

Okay I was going to be all, "ugh why is there a new thread" but it turned it to be funny. So this time I'll let it slide ;)

14 hours ago, Mestiv said:

Please, lock the old thread, Delightful's post should be the last post there :D

Aw I feel so loved you guys :):wub: 

2 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

I was there when Pepe was born

You should have killed it then ;) 

I find meme culture crazy interesting. I mean, if you keep up to date on templates and what's taken to be funny and what phrases stick around, it gets really fascinating. I feel like there's some great research material here for sociologists, and possibly social geographers. 

6 minutes ago, LeftVash said:

You should have killed it then ;) 

I find meme culture crazy interesting. I mean, if you keep up to date on templates and what's taken to be funny and what phrases stick around, it gets really fascinating. I feel like there's some great research material here for sociologists, and possibly social geographers. 

Spoiler

3d01516bb817cacd06ca8f188b0cb94d.jpg

9 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:
  Hide contents

3d01516bb817cacd06ca8f188b0cb94d.jpg

And then there's the tumblr pictures....even though they're always different, they always feel exactly the same to me. It's like the same person writes all of it, and it gets really old to me. 

Humanity will never reach the techno-utopian existence we see in Star Trek. 

Seriously. There are teachers who can't print (and get snitty with the librarian trying to help them), people who ignore three separate signs outlining printing instructions, and people who stand at the copier for minutes until informed that they need to press the START button, a big green thing outlined in glowing blue light. What makes us think we'll ever figure out Warp Cores?

Just now, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Humanity will never reach the techno-utopian existence we see in Star Trek. 

Seriously. There are teachers who can't print (and get snitty with the librarian trying to help them), people who ignore three separate signs outlining printing instructions, and people who stand at the copier for minutes until informed that they need to press the START button, a big green thing outlined in glowing blue light. What makes us think we'll ever figure out Warp Cores?

Not everyone gets to go to space.

We only really ever see San Francisco. Maybe Frisco is only for the really cool people.

3 minutes ago, Zathoth said:

We won't even get to space before we destroy ourselves.

Probably for the best, I can't imagine any aliens wanting to deal with us.

Don't be so defeatist! We've weathered the Cold War, two world wars, disease after disease, natural disasters, and catastrophic climate change. 

We'll outlast our current problems too :) 

Humans: no matter how hard you beat us down, we always get back up again. 

3 minutes ago, Erunion (The Incorrigible) said:

Don't be so defeatist! We've weathered the Cold War, two world wars, disease after disease, natural disasters, and catastrophic climate change. 

Like that cold you can never quite get rid of.

38 minutes ago, Erunion (The Incorrigible) said:

Until the Yellowstone supervolcano erupts, anyway.