Random Stuff X: Something Weird

soyperson

I was in a museum today and they had a piano for everybody to play. And I don't like to play before people, but I couldn't resist and googeled the chords for a piece I can play. I know it by head, but I feel safer with the chords so I placed my mobile in front of me and played. It was nothing complicated and somewhere in the middle an old man started talking to me, telling me that he liked it so much, and I immediatly got something completely wrong. Talking and playing and my nervousness was too much. But it still felt good somehow. I was really nervous, and I made more mistakes than I should have, but it was worth it.

On 9/25/2018 at 3:55 PM, Sorana said:

I was really nervous, and I made more mistakes than I should have, but it was worth it.

Getting out of your comfort zone is always something to practice or try. You miss a bit in life when you stay inside the safety blanket :D but thats awesome!

1 hour ago, Niteshado said:

Getting out of your comfort zone is always something to practice or try. You miss a bit in life when you stay inside the safety blanket :D but thats awesome!

Yeah. And I don't like to have a spotlight pointed at me. But in the end it always pays of to try something. And especially with music, most people don't think of the mistakes as grave. Only I do ;)

Was a little too busy to get around on my Fencon trip report. It was a meh event this year. I only went to two panels this year, I usually find way more than that to attend, so that shows how poor it was. People instantly knew I was dressed up as Arthur Dent so that was nice.

Did get a good book haul while there. The first was All Systems Red, part of the Murderbot books, and got a couple $2 in change (don't have them now since I ended up using them for something else I saw). The rest are Doctor Who classic books. The titles are Shadowmind, Blood Harvest, Blood Heat, Falls the Shadow, Sanctuary, The Murder Game, Illegal Alien, Catasrophea, Revolution Man, Demontage and The Witch Hunters. I hope I'll be able to get all the books written back in the day.

Only negative was that once we got home my mom started doing bills so I unloaded the suitcase from the car, unloaded the stuff from the suitcase and putting them where they go (laundry in the hamper, my purchases where I can get to them, food stuffs in the kitchen) and when there was just the cosmetics bag left she told me she'd unpack it so I went to check my purchases for any price stickers I needed to remove. While I'm doing that I hear her complain to my dad, who we picked on the way back, about her having to put all the stuff in the luggage away all by herself while I was only concerned about my purchases. crem dung! The only thing left was the cosmetic bag and she likes everything put back a certain way and she told me she'd unpack it. I ended up doing that myself. I didn't even get a thanks for it at all! And she pulls this every time we go somewhere and I get something while we're away. I mean I haul the luggage in, unload it, put stuff where it should be before even doing any opening of my purchases and yet she always acts like I haul the luggage in, unload the bag, open up my purchases and leave her to put everything away. The only things I don't touch and leave for her is the paperwork and that's only because she doesn't trust me to get it all out and on the counter for her.

Traded in some old games at GameStop and the amount was almost enough to pay for Kingdom Hearts 3, just under $20 remained, and I figured I might as well finish paying so now I just have to wait for that January date to arrive before I can see the conclusion of my favorite video game series :D

3 hours ago, Draginon said:

Traded in some old games at GameStop and the amount was almost enough to pay for Kingdom Hearts 3, just under $20 remained, and I figured I might as well finish paying so now I just have to wait for that January date to arrive before I can see the conclusion of my favorite video game series :D

Ive been replaying 1 and 2. Im beyond excited for KH3

59 minutes ago, Niteshado said:

Ive been replaying 1 and 2. Im beyond excited for KH3

Hope you've been replaying the rest as well since Birth By Sleep shows how it all starts, Chain of Memories shows how Sora gets to where he is in 2, 358/2 Days shows a character who will appear in 3, Coded, Dream Drop Distance and Birth By Sleep 0.2 are prologues to 3 and X [chi] is apparently mandatory backstory because of the Keyblade War and other characters.

My mom was watching Keeping up with the Kardashians (barf) where they are in Japan and she says 'Kyoto just looks like a mixed up Tokyo' and I looked it up and told her they come from the same meaning. Then she's all 'what I mean is they took Tokyo and jumbled it up' and then I told her Kyoto is the older city. Finally she goes 'no I mean it's like they ran out of letters and just switched Tokyo around' and I'm thinking 'how does she expect Capital City (Kyoto) and East Capital (Tokyo) to look that different in spelling'. She kept rephrasing like I didn't understand her but I did while she wasn't understanding why they were called what they were. And yet with her logic she somehow doesn't confuse Washington (state), Washington (capital) and Washington (president).

Nature photo spam!! Pictures from Friday and Saturday, October 12 and 13.

Interesting mushrooms on campus at BYU (2 photos):

Spoiler

5bc3c4931f6d9_DSCN5111Mushrooms.jpg.5438d270a27724790dc36c00b9330473.jpg

5bc3c496756dc_DSCN5114Mushroom.thumb.jpg.8767f276fed3306b60f9d8050f909d7b.jpg

Birds (4 photos):

Spoiler

Ring-necked Pheasant (male):

5bc3c4e53b33b_DSCN5120Ring-neckedPheasant.thumb.jpg.49517c9fb72e54960941582ba381f864.jpg

Orange-crowned Warbler, a bird with a very misleading name. You can only ever really see the "orange crown" if you're holding the bird in your hand. :lol:

5bc3c4f90a9d7_DSCN5230Orange-crownedWarbler.jpg.e5deaa3a3fe5b1c4c72f181b23e74e1e.jpg

California Quail (male), one of about 30 who were pecking around in the parking lot of my apartment complex when I got home Saturday night:

5bc3c50710c2f_DSCN5320CaliforniaQuail.thumb.jpg.d6aa45714be433e72d78eb37e01af958.jpg

California Quail (female), from the same group Saturday night:

5bc3c50d6b0b4_DSCN5357CaliforniaQuail.thumb.jpg.58e45fcb2162448a384484fad9558eb6.jpg

Insects (4 photos):

Spoiler

Very large, clumsy grasshopper. My camera lens was only a few inches away for this photo:

5bc3c4e912fd6_DSCN5168Grasshopper.jpg.0202bf650d95023ea350622c69c48e76.jpg

Female European Mantis nibbling on her foot to clean it:

5bc3c4ed9f987_DSCN5199EuropeanMantis.thumb.jpg.ea17991eb0293298e74929c43714fb5c.jpg

Common Checkered Skipper, a small and very hyperactive type of butterfly:

5bc3c4f3aeb72_DSCN5225CommonCheckeredSkipper.jpg.40d7b9d16aa8678472d8b25916e9fe59.jpg

Woolly bear caterpillar. Found this guy in the road and didn't want him to get squished, so I helped him cross to the other side.

5bc3c5014d922_DSCN5283WoollyBearCaterpillar.thumb.jpg.187421021efce782d68d8497120ed1a1.jpg

And last but not least, a smol snake (1 photo):

Spoiler

This little dude was one of 3 small, slender snakes I saw at the park on Saturday. They all zoomed off the path as soon as I saw them, but this one poked his head back out where I could see him after he'd put some distance between us, so I was able to get a decent photo. :) I haven't figured out exactly what kind he is yet.

5bc3c4fd6c4b0_DSCN5266Snake.thumb.jpg.f0c155037d8c12044720f3add8b13d71.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Sorana said:

The spell to raise undead counts as a healing spell according to the LARP rules DragonSys.

So if you want to master all healing spells you need to become a necromancer xP

So i have 2 DnD characters i intend to make. one is an Skitzo Goblin Barb..

The other is a Necromancer, who doesnt believe in the dead. Or that hes a necromancer. He just thinks hes really good at healing. So good, that after he "heals" people, they become devoted to him, thats why they follow him around.

I intend for him to be on the Lawful good/neutral side. 

Edited by Niteshado

I was hiking in the Grand Canyon this past weekend, (south Kaibab trail if anyone wants to know) and as we stopped for lunch near a rest stop. As we were eating, we heard a "HOLY [REDACTED]!" A small, probably 2 feet long rattlesnake had crawled right between the yeller and his wife(?). We went to see what it was. The snake was just going his way, he hadn't rattled or looked like he was going to rattle once. My little brother kept wanting to pet it...

Was talking about the cosmere with a friend today and, because I have a head cold and am dead tired, my brain decided to make me say "Brandon Magicson's sander systems." Instead of, you know, Brandon Sanderson's magic systems. As if trying to make someone understand the cosmere isn't confusing enough already.

On 11/3/2018 at 0:04 PM, Truthweaver said:

Brandon Magicson's sander systems

Sounds like a supply company.

edit: don’t want to double-post. So here is it.

I had a dream Waluigi was revealed to be the final character added to Smash Ultimate, and the entire world threw a party in his favor. I’m talking parades, fireworks, steaks in the shape of waluigi’s face, you name it, it happened for waluigi.

Edited by Inklingspren

On 27 August 2018 at 5:30 AM, Bleeder said:

Wow, this thread has survived a very long time. I'm proud of it, in an almost parental way.

And it was named because of a silly dream I had and over a year later......I'm back and its still there. I feel you bleeder. Also hello!

On 9 September 2018 at 10:06 PM, Silva said:

As Rosh Hashanah (the Jewish new year) starts tonight, I just want to wish all my fellow Jewish Sharders (and everyone else too) a חג כשר ושמח and a שנה טובה ומתוקה.

Hope all your sins are atoned for :P!

Hide contents

Sometimes I'm not sure what tone I'm implying in my writing. Like that previous sentence could have been all serious or sarcastic.

I can't think of anywhere  better to put this. Pretty sure it qualifies as random.

Well, with sarcasm or sincerity you're appealing to most of the population so....good advertising?

On 16 September 2018 at 6:51 AM, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

I RESURFACE FROM THE DEPTHS TO REQUEST YOUR HELP.

So today, I saw this gif ad for Conoco. Pretty simple stuff—it showed white text on a red background with the word "Choose," and different words cycling beneath that one. One of those words was "Funtimes." 

Not "Fun Times." Not "Fun times." "Funtimes." Conoco is telling its customers to "Choose Funtimes." 

Unfortunately, I cannot for the life of me get this ad to resurface. So if you guys find it somewhere, or if you're able to take a screenshot of the necessary panel, let me know? Because I must have it. :ph34r:

Ohai are you back on the shard too?

On 20 September 2018 at 9:07 PM, Quiver said:

Is the on-going any good? I have to admit, I've been a little tempted to pick up the Shattered Grid stuff (which means I'd have to buy the entire run up to that point, because I'm a completionist), but the only thing I've read of them so far has been the crossover with the Justice League, which was... fine. 

Also just tagging you to say heelllooo!

On 23 October 2018 at 11:05 PM, Niteshado said:

So i have 2 DnD characters i intend to make. one is an Skitzo Goblin Barb..

The other is a Necromancer, who doesnt believe in the dead. Or that hes a necromancer. He just thinks hes really good at healing. So good, that after he "heals" people, they become devoted to him, thats why they follow him around.

I intend for him to be on the Lawful good/neutral side. 

That is a very cool concept. 

Got a partial birthday present from my sister. It was D.C. Comics "The Button" collecting The Batman #21-22 and The Flash #21-22 which leads up to Doomsday Clock and she also got The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: The Nemo Trilogy. I've yet to read the main events of either comics but I have seen the League movie.

I have some new nature photos! :D

Birds (5 photos):

Spoiler

Northern Harrier, a type of hawk. This one's a female; the males are gray.

DSCN6226.thumb.jpg.29f0191ab80729f8652166c288022cd2.jpg

Ring-billed Gull:

5bf88a1f0e27d_DSCN6300Ring-billedGull.jpg.875680ce5f7bf6b2138144dc35c2942f.jpg

California Gull:

5bf88a1bafb4c_DSCN6293CaliforniaGull.thumb.jpg.64ef3897ba656fbef1a1bf3c995c241d.jpg

California Gull again, but flying this time:

DSCN6283.thumb.jpg.60d6b15daf60ef53ed7a269e66a98bdb.jpg

Great Blue Heron:

5bf88a22272cb_DSCN6340GBH.thumb.jpg.61ba9e7fb28e71fd05661e672f17558e.jpg

Beach/lake and mountain scenery (4 photos):

Spoiler

5bf88b9adf9df_DSCN6304Scenery.thumb.jpg.4f4fd8e0742e412b2349f4bc05dcba54.jpg

5bf88ba073cf2_DSCN6305Scenery.thumb.jpg.cb003650724b08be1630fa4d3e7cb786.jpg

5bf88ba62db24_DSCN6309Scenery.thumb.jpg.4b1644023155e04cd8e705cf8651e38c.jpg

5bf88baae633c_DSCN6311Scenery.thumb.jpg.06c324dc8edfc59b0b32d5e51d0475fd.jpg