Random Stuff X: Something Weird

soyperson

My mom got some display cases for some of my Lego sets. She wanted me to put them somewhere and the only place I could was on my bookshelves. Putting these giant cases there messed up my system of sorting my books. I had gotten a few books because of Black Friday sales and I couldn't use my system at all because of those cases. The kicker was my mom saying my system is messy. Duh! You messed up my system mom! Thanks to her I have to figure out a new system now!

Here's the books I bought yesterday on Black Friday 

Spoiler

IMG_1207.thumb.JPG.0a39da15a1da822e758066aa5ec17704.JPG

First up is Le Morte d'Arthur, an English translation of the French story of King Arthur

IMG_1208.thumb.JPG.bee14b3be9d3560a91930bf5ea07e050.JPG

Next is Star Wars. I'd been waiting for the Darth Vader edition to return. I probably would've grabbed the R2 edition since I do want a white leatherbound but I wanted Vader instead. Pretty much it's just the novelizations of the original trilogy.

IMG_1209.thumb.JPG.dd7adba60f0e2314fd7a73631825a9dd.JPG

The newest Star Wars book, a collection of short stories about Luke.

IMG_1210.thumb.JPG.cb097d01d7423822a0d23dbf2423b59f.JPG

This just sounded good from the synopsis since it's Vader and Palpatine stranded on a planet until they get rescued so their loyalty is pushed to the edge.

IMG_1211.thumb.JPG.89f875b690e19ce6fbadf6d22bd31e38.JPG

This was one that interested me for a while. It shows why Leia isn't in politics by the time 7 takes place.

IMG_1212.thumb.JPG.7df19b774d7288668b08974d1f273fc2.JPG

Been interested in reading these books for a few years but didn't have any reason to grab them before now. Pretty much it's an expanded universe connecting all the Disney Princess movies through the villains (I know that Beast isn't a villain but he definitely doesn't act nice until halfway through the film). I love the way the covers are done where the dust cover is their normal appearance and the actual binding has their alternate appearance (The Queen and the Hag, Beast and Prince Adam, Ursula and Vanessa) and the box holding these three has both covers on it.

IMG_1213.thumb.JPG.c884903069ed9aa5a4ea4c56ab1c503d.JPG

The fourth book of the Villains series. The alternate cover has her dragon appearance. The back where the bio is reveals there will be a fifth book next year. When thinking of the villains of the Princess films the only ones that fit in terms of time period are Cinderella, Rapunzel and Frozen, but when going by the cover theme the only villain between those that fits is Mother Gothel since her appearance does change. I would love to see Tremaine get a story but it's that cover that's tripping me up unless they have her on the dust cover and the stepsisters on the binding. I'm not including the non-European Princess films since Aladdin and Mulan are supposed to be far in the past and I think she's staying in Europe, Pocahontas is a couple centuries removed and Tiana is way too modern, unless Facilier is way older than we think.

On 11/21/2017 at 10:55 PM, Ammanas said:

A friend of mine posted this picture elsewhere.  I am both horrified and strangely intrigued what it is like.:ph34r:

FB_IMG_1511322402344.jpg

Let me tell you of something I once had: 

The Donut Burger. 

It was delicious. 

I also found out my brother has been in 4x as many relationships as I have been in. And he's 3 years younger than me. *sigh*. I'm less jealous than just kind of horrified. 

36 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

I also found out my brother has been in 4x as many relationships as I have been in. And he's 3 years younger than me. *sigh*. I'm less jealous than just kind of horrified. 

If it makes you feel any better I hardly dated until I met my wife. No sense in wasting your time on relationships if it isn't the right time or you don't see it going anywhere.

2 hours ago, Ammanas said:

If it makes you feel any better I hardly dated until I met my wife. No sense in wasting your time on relationships if it isn't the right time or you don't see it going anywhere.

Yeah I know that. I just had no idea that my brother was... getting around so fast? I worry about him some times. 

Me? I've been in 2. 2 I wanted to get into, and only got into because I thought they would go somewhere. So yeah. 

Happy Ookla the Mokovial 2017, everyone! I'm probably going to give my identity away right off the bat with this post of nature photos. :lol:

Interesting ducks (2 photos):

Spoiler

Most of these ducks are called Common Goldeneyes, but the one circled in red is a Barrow's Goldeneye--less common, and a bird I hadn't seen before. You can tell him apart from the Commons by the shape of the white spot on his face. The Commons' spots are pretty round, while the Barrow's has a more crescent-shaped spot.

5a1a66d036827_IMG_5514_Barrows_Goldeneye_Crop_Circled.thumb.jpg.294ea91f9499a2227db1b15d9873f68b.jpg

5a1a66d7ede8f_IMG_5524_Barrows_Goldeneye_Crop_Circled.thumb.jpg.0517a5db40e30227072ca5c0f2b3c654.jpg

Grumpy goose (1 photo):

Spoiler

Just a barnyard goose judging my life choices.

5a1a66c7ebb20_IMG_5498_Goose_Crop_Darken.thumb.jpg.8da5e66ee71b7b2b92551f25824e6654.jpg

Brown Creeper (2 photos):

Spoiler

These tiny birds are way too cute to be called "creepers."

IMG_5547_Creeper_Crop.thumb.jpg.c1172e2e1c2dd9c329f50a2e6adbd03c.jpg

5a1a66e461987_IMG_5558_Creeper_Darken_Crop.thumb.jpg.23b707511ac3e0951bf36b016d2dbc76.jpg

The funniest bird feet I've ever seen (1 photo):

Spoiler

American Coots win the prize for funniest feet. It's a shame you don't see them often since the birds are usually swimming.

5a1a66f02daff_IMG_5627_Coot_Crop_Darken.thumb.jpg.3a9a21af968a1231614a8569aa849217.jpg

On 11/26/2017 at 9:50 AM, Run Ookla, run! said:

That also means he's been in 4x more breakups than you...

Just now, Ookla the Tremendous said:

Wait, Skyrim is available on Switch? That... might just be what decides me. I've wanted to play that game forever.

I'm not a gamer, but had always wanted to play Skyrim. A friend was getting rid of their x box 360 so I got a used copy of the game and played it. The game is absolutely amazing and you could probably spend the rest of your life playing it and still not discover everything you can do. I liked playing the game as a mage with destruction magic; I vanquished my foes with fire in one hand and lightning in the other. I beat the main quest and several of the smaller ones, but had to give up the game...I felt like it was starting to take over my life. Tons of fun though!

10 hours ago, Ookla the Unicorn said:

Here is your dose of random weirdness for today:

I've been searching for a song for the past hour, the music video was an overly dramatic showing of a hobby horse competition and it was so good xD