Autonomy peddled in Roshar religion?

FiveLate

Question

Ok, first this might be the wrong location for this question.  If so, I apologize, I'm new.  Please move or direct me how to move it if this is the wrong location.

I am currently rereading WOK and was looking specifically at Voranisn.  It seems clear to me that the region underwent a massive change during the war of loss and the winemakers overthrow of the hierocracy.  Up until that point the priests directed the religion completetly. Afterwords each individual had the right to choose and follow their own choosen Devotary and Calling to earn Glory.  They were no longer guided by a someone else, but we're Autonomous it their religious path?  Has this been discussed anywhere else before here?

3 answers to this question

I dunno if it has but there's been some discussion of whether Autonomy has had any influence on various smaller religions like in the Purelakes, or how there's an area called Bavland that makes one think of Bavadin. That said, there's some evidence in Oathbringer which seems to suggest that Autonomy isn't actively influencing Roshar or at least not in a big way. There's no particular reason to think that the Sunmaker and what happened to Vorinism after the fall of the Hierocracy needed any outside influence; it was a purely Rosharan reaction to the abuses of the church and an attempt to prevent it from ocurring again.

Are you asking is Autonomy influenced modern Vorinism? Because technically they are being guided. Guided by the concept of the "Almighty", and to an extent they are also being guided by the ardents. The ardents assist people with finding their devotary and give advice on how best to follow a devotary. Guiding is a lot different from ordering. I don't think Autonomy was involved. I just think the people saw what the Vorin church was doing and took steps to insure that it wouldn't happen again. The ardents are slaves, it may be a loose version of what a slave is, but I doubt Autonomy would condone slavery of any kind.