Waning, Ch5s1 revision, Chapter 7 (see text for warning)

neongrey

I'm sorry @neongrey, I'm not getting across the point I'm trying to make here, but I'll stop trying at this point.

And I don't want you to stop submitting on account off something I've not been able to get across. I'll stop commenting on your stuff.

Edited by Robinski

No, I understand what you're saying, and part of the problem is that you're assuming that if you just say what you're saying in the right way, everything will be all right. The fundamental premise of what you are saying is not okay. It's based on the premise that sexual harrassment is in any capacity defined based on the victim's reaction. This is not the case, and this is a huge contributor to the stigmatization of sexual harrassment victims of all genders, and a primary contributor to why it's an ongoing issue in workplaces. And I don't think you realize that any of this is wrong, because you're so critically focused on the presentation of what you're saying, and so very certain that there's a 'right' way to put it. There isn't.

This basically has nothing to do with the submission at this point (the warning was still called for) at this point, it's that I'm not sure I'm comfortable associating with you as a person.

9 hours ago, neongrey said:

It's based on the premise that sexual harrassment is in any capacity defined based on the victim's reaction.

Okay, this. This is why you should continue to associate with me (if you're still willing to). This is my main learning point here - the bit I wasn't seeing, or paying enough attention to.

9 hours ago, neongrey said:

so very certain that there's a 'right' way to put it

I believe I see it differently now. I'm going to re-read it, but I won't comment again.