1 hour ago, Comatose said:

Kokichi wouldnt  happen to be a dedicated tumblerite in another life, would they?  Definitely getting that vibe.  Love what you are doing with them.  

Also I think Quietus might be eligible to be the first Edmontonian added to the ATTD list.   

I might have set myself a goal to put a character on the ATTD roster with my first post in the RP :D

9 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Drake, do you want to be the checkpoint officials?  Or should I?  What about the other person who is coming to investigate her?

Ah, right, sorry. I was trying to introduce a lot of characters into the story arc...

I’m fine with it being either writer, honestly. Heck, we could do a PM thing to write up a more seemless conversation if you want.

2 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Also, Drake, you didn't include Epoch looking at the mystery epic.  Was that intentional?

Not really, I just wasn’t sure if they arrived or not sorry. I can add that in.

(note that his clairvoyance is susceptible to illusions, so he wouldn’t see much)

Is Red on the ATTD list? She doesn’t really kill that many people and when she does it’s usually just drowning in blood which sucks but it’s not like torture or anything. Her biggest crime against humanity is... hitting that. Like, does voluntarily entering a relationship with the original ATTD make her join the list? A list member in law?

What's an important location Firebrand would've attacked? I'm not sure how much of current relevant infrastructure transfers over to RP relevant infrastructure.

EDIT: There's a refinery of some sort near Sherwood. I think that would work well.

EDIT 2: Also, what is the current official answer for how much someone is enhanced merely by being an epic? Not talking about the superhuman strength/speed people, but just in general, are epics stronger/hardier than maples?

Edited by Weirdpersonx

Well, I warned you guys:

Spoiler

Sapphire.jpg

Epic Name: Sapphire

Appearance:

• Clothes: Fashionable but combat ready.  
  • Hair: Black, thin, down to mid-back, usually tied back in a stylish but utilitarian bun or pony-tail
  • Eyes: Light brown, almost amber.  Almond Shaped.
  • Skin Tone:
  • Build: Short and lean, but well muscled.  
  • Other Features:  Refined and delicate features, excellent posture, flat expression.  

Personality:  Sapphire an extremely intelligent (and arrogant) master manipulator whose primary tool used to motivate others is fear.  She believes that Calamity has chosen her to rule over maples and epics alike. A perfectionist, one of her biggest fears is failure or not being good enough.  She is an excellent actress, but had trouble showing genuine emotions prior to Calamity showing up. Since then, she's gotten worse . . .

Brand of Evil:  Megalomaniac.  Cares nothing for others.  

Natural Abilities:  Sapphire was an avid cross-fit enthusiast and martial artist (particularly Northern Shaolin Kung Fu) prior to being granted powers by Calamity.  Her years of practice, along with her natural athleticism, make her a formidable hand to hand combatant, even without her powers.  

Primary Power: Flame Generation & Pyrokinesis - Can produce and control hot blue flames from her hands, feet, or mouth (Basically fire-bending, but not as much movement required, it just helps her focus).  She can also manipulate fire she does not create, but when she starts to manipulate it, the fire will increase in temperature and turn blue. Her abilities are strengthened by warm weather, sunlight, and celestial events such as passing comments or meteor showers.  Cold or rainy weather will weaken her fire related abilities somewhat.

Secondary Power: Lightning Generation and Electricity Redirection  - Sapphire can produce lighting at will, from her fingertips.  Unlike her fire abilities, she cannot control lightning once it is produced, but she can redirect lightning or other electrical attacks which she comes into contact with.  Use of this ability requires a great deal of focus and emotional control.

History: Thinking about it.

Modus Operandi: Having assembled her team, Sapphire is looking for a suitable kingdom to rule over.  As she lacks defensive capabilities, she realizes first that she will need to gain the loyalty of some other epics and start building up support.  She primarily seeks to control others through fear. Sangria and Sable are Sapphire’s loyal henchwomen, and she seldom goes anywhere without them.  She knows both of their weaknesses, and uses them to help keep them under control.  

Weakness:

Spoiler

Sapphire’s weakness is betrayal by someone she trusts.

Attached NPCs:

Sangria - Painfully cheerful and upbeat, but don’t tell her she’s not the prettiest girl in the room or you will regret it.  Dresses all in pink. She has three abilities of varying usefulness: (1) Highly enhanced reflexes, flexibility, agility (basically most non-brute strength physical attributes); (2) Paralyzing Touch - she can paralyze any muscle she touches with intention.  It will usually take several well placed jabs to incapacitate a person on muscle at a time, but with her enhanced reflexes this isn’t too difficult; (3) Aura Recognition - she sees coloured auras around everyone she meets. Trouble is, she isn’t quite sure what they mean.  Weakness is not standing out in a crowd - if she blends in and remains unnoticed, her powers vanish. When she is sneaking or being actively ignored, her powers may weaken, but to fully trigger the weakness she would need to be unseen and unacknowledged despite being in plain sight.

Sable  - A contrast to Sangria, Sable is almost always bored and lethargic.  Goth. Her powers include (1) Never missing - works on guns, arrows, thrown objects, basically anything requiring aim, (2) Hidden Objects - with a touch, she can vanish objects (limited to objects she can hold in one hand) into a hidden extra-dimensional space, and then produce them at will, there is no limit to how many objects she can hide this way.  Weakness is platonic physical affection (hugs, affectionate shoulder touches, hand holding, friendly kisses, etc.)

Let me know what you all think and if you see any issues.  

6 hours ago, winter devotion said:

Is Red on the ATTD list? She doesn’t really kill that many people and when she does it’s usually just drowning in blood which sucks but it’s not like torture or anything. Her biggest crime against humanity is... hitting that. Like, does voluntarily entering a relationship with the original ATTD make her join the list? A list member in law?

I'd say putting her on the list would only make her happy, so let's use every technicallity to deny her entry. :ph34r:

Anyway, I'm afraid I gotta join Voidus in people with an impractical spike in workload. Assume Voidgaze and co are either still on the road or currently searching for the best milk bar in town or something like that. :P
Expect an actual post sunday~monday-ish.

7 hours ago, Weirdpersonx said:

What's an important location Firebrand would've attacked? I'm not sure how much of current relevant infrastructure transfers over to RP relevant infrastructure.

EDIT: There's a refinery of some sort near Sherwood. I think that would work well.

EDIT 2: Also, what is the current official answer for how much someone is enhanced merely by being an epic? Not talking about the superhuman strength/speed people, but just in general, are epics stronger/hardier than maples?

Idk I just scan the map for names of locations and pick something random. Although, as the RP hinted, Epoch is building a lot of his own stuff with accelerated time, because the territory was originally all residential. A refinery looks like a good choice as any to hit, though, especially for a fire epic.

The books explicitly mention that Prof and Steelheart have super strength, and Fortuity has super agility. I think low level physical enhancement powers are pretty commonly thrown into the package for a lot of epics, to the point where it might create the stereotype that epics are intrinsically stronger/hardier than maples. But I think an epic without a side power that buffs them like that would be physically just the same as a maple.

3 hours ago, Edgedancer said:

Anyway, I'm afraid I gotta join Voidus in people with an impractical spike in workload.

Somebody got you with a hemalurgic spike containing workload? That's just plain evil.

Okay, so is there a major problem with Karabiner having a temporal accelerator stolen from Epoch's powers? I can even get it destroyed in his intro, if you want.

(I'll just do that if there are no serious and timely objections. I can even explain it later, saying it was part of a trade deal or something.)

EDIT: And it's up! I had to edit it to fix the one thing, but it's finally there! I'm a real part of the role-play now!

Edited by Sazedezas
New info.

1 hour ago, Sazedezas said:

Okay, so is there a major problem with Karabiner having a temporal accelerator stolen from Epoch's powers? I can even get it destroyed in his intro, if you want.

(I'll just do that if there are no serious and timely objections. I can even explain it later, saying it was part of a trade deal or something.)

EDIT: And it's up! I had to edit it to fix the one thing, but it's finally there! I'm a real part of the role-play now!

No problem, nah.

Worth noting though, one of the limitations on time zones is that they can't really move, so I'm not sure how that would hash out.

3 minutes ago, Drake Marshall said:

No problem, nah.

Worth noting though, one of the limitations on time zones is that they can't really move, so I'm not sure how that would hash out.

I'd suspected that, but I figure if it is generated by a handheld device he could probably move it, specifically if he used other devices to tamper with the power when "tuning" it. Also, did anyone catch that pun?

So, I was unable to find literally anything on Typhon other than what was on the summary. At what point was that discussed? I'm guessing when I was gone at some point, but I'm unsure.

Edit: Found some.

Edited by Kidpen

49 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

I watched the new doctor who trailer and the quote where Jodie Whitaker goes 

“All of this is new to me. New faces, new worlds, new times. So if I asked, really, really nicely: would you be my new best friend?

made me have STRONG Dr Funtimes flashbacks. 

I hated Dr. Funtimes when I first met her, but I totally loved her by about page four.

5 hours ago, Hemalurgic Headshot said:

Honestly, I thought Nathan was Twi's best character, and Funtimes brought out the best in him.

I almost agree with you.  Nathan’s POV observing Funtimes was awesome. 

The exception is Autumn Glass who is THE best character.