I feel like I should apologise fir holding up Dalles...? Sorry. Ihad a lot of trouble writing Lyla, since...the most IC reaction for her would be to (want to) skip town with Shiny, but I don't know if she's made enough of an impact there to justify migrating yet.

So... I kinda hit s brick wall hard. Apologies to Edgedancer and everyone else for the hold-up.-_-

Edited by Quiver

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Cognizantastic said:

Guys. My friend's sister got to play the Reckoners board game prototype because her boyfriend is helping to make it. 

I am very jealous right now. :mellow:

Such am I. :mellow:

Also, I am now imagining our characters just sitting together and having a board game evening.

I'm pretty sure that Funtimes would spend the entire evening insisting that whatever game they were playing was actually Candyland. :P 

"I can't have landed in your hotel, because I drew a card that says I'm stuck in sticky licorice for a turn!"

Except Lightwards fields, which all mysteriously turned into tar pits. :P

6 hours ago, Cognizantastic said:

I'm pretty sure that Funtimes would spend the entire evening insisting that whatever game they were playing was actually Candyland. :P 

"I can't have landed in your hotel, because I drew a card that says I'm stuck in sticky licorice for a turn!"

5 hours ago, Edgedancer said:

Except Lightwards fields, which all mysteriously turned into tar pits. :P

Of course, it wouldn't be a fun game night if Funtimes wasn't able to take the board literally. So at the end, Sam would be disgustedly trying to rinse molasses from her game piece, Lightwards would be demanding Funtimes turn his licorice shoes back into leather, and Nathan would lick the chocolate from his game piece when he thought no one was looking. :ph34r: 

4 hours ago, Cognizantastic said:

You've thought out this scenario perfectly.

Now, tell me what would happen if the Financier played UNO:ph34r:

"This game had better be as wonderful as you say, Metal." 
"It is, Finnegan. Have a seat, will you? We can't play if you keep pacing." 
"Fine." 
"Great, thanks. Okay. Now, I'll deal. Each player starts with seven cards—" 
"BEGONE, FOUL AGENT OF THE ONE! THOU HAST ANGERED SAVIOR ZERO WITH THY CARD GAME FROM THE BOWELS OF HELL!!!"
"Dude, it's just Uno." 
"IT HAS NEVER BEEN 'JUST' UNO AND IT NEVER SHALL BE! THIS GAME INVITETH THE ONE AND HIS MACHINATIONS INTO OUR FAIR KINGDOM AND THIS IS WHAT THOU KNOWEST!" 
"Could you at least get us some more popcorn? You kinda knocked the bowl over. And also kicked Lucentia's favorite slave in the face." 

"Oof. I'm all right. That's much nicer than anything she ever did to me." 

15 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

"This game had better be as wonderful as you say, Metal." 
"It is, Finnegan. Have a seat, will you? We can't play if you keep pacing." 
"Fine." 
"Great, thanks. Okay. Now, I'll deal. Each player starts with seven cards—" 
"BEGONE, FOUL AGENT OF THE ONE! THOU HAST ANGERED SAVIOR ZERO WITH THY CARD GAME FROM THE BOWELS OF HELL!!!"
"Dude, it's just Uno." 
"IT HAS NEVER BEEN 'JUST' UNO AND IT NEVER SHALL BE! THIS GAME INVITETH THE ONE AND HIS MACHINATIONS INTO OUR FAIR KINGDOM AND THIS IS WHAT THOU KNOWEST!" 
"Could you at least get us some more popcorn? You kinda knocked the bowl over. And also kicked Lucentia's favorite slave in the face." 

"Oof. I'm all right. That's much nicer than anything she ever did to me." 

Whelp, lessson 1: don't use number based games around the Financier (especially not Phase 10.)
Lesson 2: Don't let Lucentia join your game group, ever.
Lesson 3: Never play poker with Shiny Sparkle. (Out of context, yes, but also very much important. :P )

10 minutes ago, Edgedancer said:

Whelp, lessson 1: don't use number based games around the Financier (especially not Phase 10.)
Lesson 2: Don't let Lucentia join your game group, ever.
Lesson 3: Never play poker with Shiny Sparkle. (Out of context, yes, but also very much important. :P )

Rebuttal of Lesson 1: What if the game involves getting rid of all your numbers?

Wait, that is UNO...

4 minutes ago, Voidus said:

So I completely lost my old copy of the RP game I was working on but on the plus side I got a new engine to try out so I'm just going to remake it :P

So we'll get the remake before the original. I had no clue we were such hipsters. :P 

13 minutes ago, Curious Anamaximder said:

Well, you know us, best of the interwebs. My grandmother asked me what a meme (Pronounced mem-mey), and I laughed for about 10 minutes before answering. 

Fair enough, Not that I'm complaining of course but I do find it amusing. :P

17 minutes ago, Cognizantastic said:

Arsenal: Operative Espinoza, for this training exercise you need to select either a yet-unstated query, or a challenge of your nerve as an agent. I'm told the civilians call it "Truth or Dare". So, soldier, what do you choose?

Adelmo: I choose the yet-unstated query, sir.

*Arsenal leans intimidatingly close*

Arsenal: Were YOU the one to introduce Florist to marijuana, leading him to plant that Satan's Cabbage in near-every open spot of soil in the Dalles?

Adelmo: ...

Arsenal: ...

Adelmo: I shift my request to challenge of nerve, sir.

*Arsenal reclines in his seat with a devilish gleam in his eye*

Arsenal: Request accepted. I challenge you to ride to Portland with minimal support, alone in an war-torn city where you will likely be murdered by resident Epics or starving locals, all in pursuit of a target of minuscule strategic value.

Adelmo: ON MY WAY, SIR.

*Adelmo hops on a motorcycle and rides away without another word*

Arsenal: ...No excuse for the Devil's Lettuce he got spread everywhere, but Calamity is that man a soldier.

...wait, this sounds suspiciously like something that could have happened in canon. :P 

Adelmo Espinoza: Secret History 

It reminded me of this: 

Spoiler

iGhjVGn.gif

This is hilarious. We must continue.

@Edgedancer, tell me of what would happen if Nighthound played LIFE.

@Kobold King, tell me of what would happen if Arsenal played Risk.

@Voidus, tell me of what would happen if Bioterror played Operation.

Anyone got any for me? :P 

BZZZZT!
"You lose again" Came the irritating voice. "How are you so bad at this? Can't you change your body into something with better fine motor skills?"

"Shutup Sparkles." Bioterror growled back "I was in the middle of imploding all the veins in my body when you dropped by for this stupid game, excuse me if I'm still shaking a bit."

"Pfft. You're a healer, you're fine by now. You just don't like losing." Brightdeath drawled back as she pulled the small plastic object out, wrapping it in a shell of light.

"I don't like losing to someone who's cheating with their powers." Bioterror spat back.

"Funnybone for $200" She said, ignoring his jibe completely.

"Fine." He muttered, grabbing the small set of tweezers and carefully lifting the bone out, it was almost out when once again

BZZZZT

"And again." Brightdeath sighed, barely waiting a second before she began lifting it out herself.

Bioterror narrowed his eyes at the Epic, sparing a moments hesitation and-

A flash of light lit the room as Brightdeath vanished, reappearing a second later with a furious expression on her face.

"It fell after you teleported." Bioterror stated, blank faced. "You lose this time too."

The plastic game did not manage to survive the ensuing superpowered brawl. Neither did the house.